Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
What predictions do you have for Nickelodeon and its other units in 2022? Here are some of mine:
  • "Kwarantined Krab", "Hiccup Plague", and "Patrick's Tantrum" air on Nick USA, finally bringing SpongeBob's twelfth season to an end.
  • The Loud House is renewed for a seventh season, along with the announcement of a new extended-length special where the Loud family goes to England. (England has cultures different from Scotland, you know.)
  • A revival of The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius is announced, which is the Season 4 the original show's crew always wanted to do.
  • Big Nate premieres in early 2022 on Paramount+, followed by a premiere on Nickelodeon later. (Although, they could always do a simultaneous P+/Nick premiere instead.)
  • A new Nicktoon is announced, one that is animated in Korea and is story-driven.
  • The Casagrandes is renewed for a fourth season.
  • The first animated show from the newly-formed Avatar Studios is announced.
  • ViacomCBS acquires the Alvin and the Chipmunks franchise (although it would be more of acquiring Bagdasarian Productions) from Ross Bagdasarian, Jr. and Janice Karman, and Nick announces a new Alvin and the Chipmunks show, one that is more of a continuation of the 1980's series.
  • Nickelodeon promotes the heck out of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (live-action movie), Top Gun: Maverick, and Under the Boardwalk, both upcoming films from Nick's sibling company, Paramount Pictures.
  • Nick@Nite shutters, making Nickelodeon a 24-hour channel.
  • Nickelodeon announces a "Redraw Your World"-like rebrand, and unveils an ACME Night-like block. They even re-air holiday specials of their classic original programming for next Christmas.

Last edited:

PM13

SpongeBob season 12 finally finishes
The Loud House/Casagrandes are renewed along with more content for the franchise
Middlemost Post is renewed for season 2 and DOESN'T move to Nicktoons
Big Nate premieres in January/February and ZJ Sparkleton premieres in April/May
Transformers premieres in June and Monster High series premieres in August
Monster High movie premieres in July
Danger Force, Side Hustle, and That Girl Lay Lay are renewed
Rise of the TMNT movie premieres in spring on Netflix
And (this is me hoping hard and probably shouldn't waste my time but anway), they move It's Pony back to the main channel and air season 2 right away
They rebrand Nicktoons into a 24 hour NickRewind channel, finally stopping this dumb practice and finishes their run on the main channel. Teennick still has the nighttime block

Eurbane

Forget about hiccup pleague and Patrick’s tantrum airing on Nickelodeon try watching them on dvd. And if The loud house gets renewed for season 7, it might be the final season while the casagrandes last until 2027 And blue’s clues and you will last until 2025, I think.

glennbyrnes

1. Nick will annouce that it will premiere the New Terrytoons (Mighty Mouse, Heckle and Jekyl, Deputy Dawg, etc.)

2. The Loud House will get another live-action movie as will the Casagrandes.

3. They will reboot more of its shows.

4. Nick will hop back on the anime bandwagon.

Asa

• Final three episodes of SpongeBob's twelfth season premiere on Nickelodeon US
  • Garfield's concept arts are revealed
  • New episodes of Alvin and the Chipmunks will move to Nicktoons
  • Middlemost Post is announced for a second season of 20 episodes
  • Friends leaves Nick@Nite for good

Last edited:

Superfemg1rl

1. Nick has a major rebrand in 2022.
2. Nick's commercial format on animated series reverts back to it's original format.
3. Nick's current on screen credits will be outdated by mid 2022, and will either modify them or bring back split screen credits.
4. Nick at Nite will bring back George Lopez for a whole week marathon on March 27 - April 3 in honor of the shows 20th Anniversary.

kanc

• Final three episodes of SpongeBob's twelfth season premiere on Nickelodeon US
  • Garfield's concept arts are revealed
  • New episodes of Alvin and the Chipmunks will move to Nicktoons
  • Middlemost Post is announced for a second season of 20 episodes
  • Friends leaves Nick@Nite for good
I doubt Friends will leave nick@nite for good. Nick already renewed Friends deal for many years effective as of last year.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Nick starts treating the Loudverse as their kingpin rather than SpongeBob. This involves the greenlighting of many more TLH spinoffs, most of which go on P+.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
I've got another:

Kids' Choice Awards 2022 will be a live, in-person event, with possible health and safety measures, and possible virtual elements.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
KCA also divides the Best Animated Show Category, so that there is an award for shows that premiered in the 20th century, and one for shows that premiered in the 21st. SpongeBob gets to keep its reign, and TLH joins them. It's a fair compromise.

kanc

Which means Nick@Nite will pull a Full House on us by showing Friends each night *sigh*.
I somehow doubt it.. Friends is still currently airing in primetime generally 10PM-3AMish and still has fanbases on nick@nite social media account, However Mike and Molly only airs Sundays primetime 10PM after movie, then Friends pushed into late night, despite with many complaints in social media.

Also I have something to add:
-if nick@nite continues to still exist, have nick@nite will air season 8 of Mom, then later on by summertime will be taken off; nick@nite will finally use white end credits (instead of airing not so split screen credit) as well as other Nick networks; Maybe Seinfeld would air nick@nite sometime by fall 2022 in primetime, and push Friends to late night slots (sorry Friends fans)
-KCA 2022 ceremony gets cancelled, and instead will be polling online, due to ratings decline year to year

Last edited:

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
-KCA 2022 ceremony gets cancelled, and instead will be polling online, due to ratings decline year to year
Maybe they can have KCA simulcasted on Paramount+ as well, via the streaming service's live function, starting with the 2022 ceremony.

Anyway, I have one more interesting prediction and that's it for me:

ViacomCBS sells 50% of their stake in their Domestic and International Networks divisions to either NBCUniversal or Sony Pictures Entertainment, complete with a renaming of said divisions. This stake split will especially help boost Nickelodeon's production output and their renaissance.

Last edited:

aegisrawks

I HOPE Nickelodeon will put some Nicktoons on CBS Saturday Morning block. I KNOW it wont happen in the 2022 but later on.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts