Nickelodeon Networks 2009 Rebranding Talkback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan

News/Schedules
Staff member
Reporter
We started talking about it on June 29th... and it's finally here!

The Nickelodeon networks rebranding will take place on Monday, September 28, 2009. This thread will serve as the talkback for the new logos, bumpers, on-air look, website changes, etc. for all the Nickelodeon networks (Nick, Nick 2, Nick HD, Nick@Nite, Nicktoons, Nick Jr., and TeenNick).

2009nickrebrand.png

Network Name Changes:
Nick at Nite becomes Nick@Nite
Nicktoons Network becomes Nicktoons
NOGGIN becomes Nick Jr.
The N becomes TeenNick

New Websites:
www.nick.com
www.nicktoons.com
www.nickatnite.com
www.nickjr.com
www.teennick.com

Please Note: This thread is not a discussion of the programming on any network, but a talkback for the items listed above – the rebranding of the Nickelodeon networks.

Also, there is no need for “I miss the splat logo” comments. This “splat” logo is gone. It’s not returning anytime in the foreseeable future. So, I’ll say it for all the people who may want to: I miss the splat logo. There, it’s been said.

Comments?

Do you like it? Hate it? If so, why?

Rho

12 - 6 cloud?
About 3 hours left until Nick rebrands, And 2 and a half until TeenNICK, Nick JR., and Nicktoons come.

If anyone's interested, here's a list of last programs to have aired on each network's former state

Nickelodeon: True Jackson, VP
Nick at Nite: The Nanny
Nicktoons Network: Kappa Mikey
The N: Sabrina, The Teenage Witch
Noggin: LazyTown

And first programs..

Nickelodeon: Fairly OddParents
Nick@Nite: Glenn Martin, DDS
Nicktoons: Danny Phantom
TeenNICK: Caitlin's Way
Nick JR: Wow Wow Wubbzy

Bryan

News/Schedules
Staff member
Reporter
As I said would happen... all networks (including Nick@Nite) made the switch right at 6 a.m. ET.

Very cool 1 minute slime video featuring the cast of iCarly & True Jackson right at 6 a.m. ET on Nick - nice way to stick to your roots!

I saw nothing special on TeenNick or Nick Jr. (they just started right into their shows).

BTW Rho, Nick@Nite's last and first show is The Nanny (last at 5:30am, first at 6am). :)

Kuromi_Star

Neko mimi mode
Judging from that 1 minute slime video, the amount of cartoons coming in the near future and Brain Surge and The Troop I think Nick is going back to something that looks very much like the days we all hail as the greatest time in the channel's history.

I think this is was a good and maybe necessary move by nick.

Rho

12 - 6 cloud?
Yes.. now what we need is more diversity in the schedule. It should not be Spongebob, iCarly, and Penguins for 97% of the day. (Not counting Nick @ Nite)

If BrainSurge gets good ratings, we might see MORE game shows.
Hell, we could possibly see something like Double Dare 2010.

Kind of an off topic note, but it would have been nice if Nick@Nite did something special for their rebrand.. A new show or something. Personally, I'd like to see The Simpsons older episodes air on there. It could bring in good ratings, and Matt Groening would seemingly be in a good relationship with Viacom...

Bryan

News/Schedules
Staff member
Reporter
As of now, the “splat” isn’t 100% gone. The Nick bug (the logo in the lower right corner of the screen) starts out as the splat symbol from before (without text) and transforms into the new Nick logo. This might just be temporary to let people know it’s a new logo, but it might be cool if it continues that way for a while.

The bumpers on Nick are very generic – white and black mostly – with some orange here and there. Kinda like the new Nick.com look – simple. But, I like simple. It works.

DeanBurrito25

As of now, the “splat” isn’t 100% gone. The Nick bug (the logo in the lower right corner of the screen) starts out as the splat symbol from before (without text) and transforms into the new Nick logo. This might just be temporary to let people know it’s a new logo, but it might be cool if it continues that way for a while.
I saw that; it was very clever. :)

cartoonguy96

"Hey Eddy?"
Looks good so far, just turned TV on. Checked Nick East(I have Dish Network) and Nick Jr. All new logos there! I wasn't up for the rebrand.
EDIT:
The Next bumpers have a hint of the old Nickelodeon.

Raidon Makoto

Long Live The Heroes
I actually kind of like the change. Nicktoons Network is going back to its roots, and TeenNick & NickJr have been resurrected. Both an incredibly smart and kind of cool move on Nick's part.

MegaJ

Like a spring breeze.
I caught the change on Nick 2 right now. Nothing fancy, just a new interstitial with the cast of iCarly and True Jackson being slimed (there's slime!). The new Nick@Nite logo popped up. On Nickelodeon, there's an animation of the splat morphing into the new bug (which is just "Nick.")

So far so good. All the bugs look good and from the looks of it they changed most of the promos/interstitials accordingly.

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
I actually kind of like the change. Nicktoons Network is going back to its roots, and TeenNick & NickJr have been resurrected. Both an incredibly smart and kind of cool move on Nick's part.

I like the change too, but all that's happened is that the networks have each gotten new logos and several of the Nick channels have changed their names.

Nicktoons Network isn't going back to its' roots; it just went back to its' original name. TeenNick and Nick, Jr. haven't been resurrected, The N and Noggin have just been renamed. The schedules of each haven't been altered.

MegaJ

Like a spring breeze.
If anyone has a video of that new slime promo from Nickelodeon, that would be great. There was a really cool "nick" jingle too.

simpsonsfan

Froakie - Bubble Frog Pokemon
Staff member
Checked out the new nick logo this morning and thought it was a great logo. It's great that it starts in splat and then switches to the word nick.

WolfGran

Sophomore member
The new bumpers are, IMO, much better than the ones used before. Very simple design.

Like (almost) everyone else here, I'm also very happy about the bug, which starts out as a splat, then transforms into the new logo.

DecaTilde

Beauty is only fur deep.
I happened to get the rebrandings of Nick Jr. and Nickelodeon recorded on not one, but two, VHS tapes. Too bad I didn't get the rebranding of TeenNick in time, and I couldn't get the rebranding of NickToons mainly because I don't have the Dish Network 250-channel package.

Anyways, the rebranding video for Nick Jr. can also be viewed on this website.

Vyse

I'm going to address each network, one by one.

Nick proper and Nick HD: Wow. It is really clean. Plus, variations of the Nick jingle are scattered about here and there, from the Nick Productions logo to the generic "we'll be right back" bumper. I like how the logo bug goes from top to bottom and from splat to the new Nick logo. It's good.

Nick Jr: I spend a lot of time on this network, more than I gave Noggin. Pretty much, this is Noggin through and through, except now it's with the more trusted Nick Jr name attached. I caught the transition promo/bump at around 10 or 11, and thought it was really good. And, as a 24-year-old, I like Moose and Zee. They make great mascots and hosts for the network and I'm glad Nick kept them. They are way better than Face.

TeenNick: I can understand why some people got hostile for the rebrand. Nick is synonymous with family-friendly, kid-friendly content, much like Nintendo or Disney. The N gave Americans South Of Nowhere and Degrassi, two very mature programs dealing with subject matter I doubt Nick News would ever touch. Pretty much, as long as the network stays the course and airs Degrassi the same way it has been on The N, all will be fine. And, from the looks of things, that is TeenNick's course of plan.
Also, I just saw the Nick Cannon Chairman promo where he gets congratulation calls from Ice Cube, Keke Palmer, Ellen, and wife Mariah. That was kinda charming and funny, especially with Mariah.

Nicktoons: Again, this is pretty much staying the course.The blue backgrounds in the promos actually work better than the yellow-orange on the website.

ToonFaithful

The One Who Knocks™
Or another game show adaption like "Figure It Out" to "Figure This Out" i'm just saying rearranging words lol but i like the new nickelodeon look. I miss the slime video at 6...i woke up right after that lol...its gonna be on you tube i know it. Man i want a new block on Nick though something like Upick Live or Friday Night Slimetime never gonna happen again i know cause of the destruction of nickelodeon studios in orlando but i want something similar to Upick Live its gonna be a way to put premieres of nicktoons on it. Like "Fan Boy and Chum Chum".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts