Nickelodeon making Netflix shows, Yay or Nay?

The Overlord

Either way, linear TV isn't going anywhere, Overlord, let alone the Nickelodeon cable network; at least not for a very long time.

Really, what are you basing that on? That Bloomberg article I posted said the ratings for channels like Nickelodeon are in the toilet due to streaming and I think that will continue to be the case in the future, things are changing pretty quickly nowadays, the DVD market that was strong in the past is going away as well.

In any case, it doesn't matter. Nickelodeon has their own streaming service one way or the other, and if they're so unsure about airing a show on their actual network, then they should just air it on their streaming service (which, again, you sign into through your cable provider), if anything.

Are you talking about CBS All Access or Pluto TV? CBS All Access could use new non Star Trek content.

Regardless, Netflix is still the biggest streaming service out there and something like Glitch Tech will get more exposure there, than at Nicktoons or CBS All Access and eventually Nickelodeon itself as their ratings continue to decline. Nickelodeon mistreating past animated shows frankly makes me think they are better off on Netflix than on Nickelodeon.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Either way, linear TV isn't going anywhere, Overlord, let alone the Nickelodeon cable network; at least not for a very long time.

In any case, it doesn't matter. Nickelodeon has their own streaming service one way or the other, and if they're so unsure about airing a show on their actual network, then they should just air it on their streaming service (which, again, you sign into through your cable provider), if anything.
TV may not be going anywhere but the thing is that the younger generation always focus on new media compared to the old and when your demographic is kids you might as well adapt.

How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Craig McCracken recently started an instagram account.

Given this tweet he put out, it looks like Christian Lanz is in Kid Cosmic.

I would like to hear the voice of Eric Bauza in the dub of "Yashahime". How about that?
You know you feel old when one of the first non-CN shows you remember was the German series Twipsy. This doesn't strike a chord with Americans, though. I remember being 4 and being enthralled by the computer graphics of the cyberspace setting.
First look at "Thomas and Friends" 2D reboot:

Looks cute, but judging from long-time fans, they didn't like it.

I don't mind Thomas being in 2D, really.

Featured Posts