Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com

Kryten

I've been Pony'd
Dec 15, 2001
Visit site
Well, what were they gonna do, fill every issue with reruns of old Spongebob and iCarly articles?

veemonjosh

All That Glitters Ain't Gold
Sep 30, 2005
The Grid
And with this, every magazine I was into as a child is basically gone.

I thought it was a bit inevitable that, once Disney Adventures ended, Nickelodeon Magazine would follow soon after. However, unlike Disney Adventures, I have much less sympathy for Nickelodeon Magazine ending.

Seriously, I had subscriptions up to (now both) their ends, and even at the end of its life, I still read Disney Adventures whenever I received it. Nickelodeon Magazine, on the other hand, I've been just thumbing through and putting it to the side for several issues within the past year, because the magazine has become just...repetitive and dull are the only words I can think of at the moment. All I'll really miss is the comics.

I hope the staff can find other jobs soon, but this really is the best time for them to end the magazine, before it slips any farther down.

R.I.P. Zelda Van Gutters...

limel

Jul 2, 2006
US
Well, the best part of the magazine, the comics, are continuing in all-comics issues under the name "Nick Comics Club," so at least the good parts will live on.

simpsonsfan

Froakie - Bubble Frog Pokemon
Staff member
Aug 19, 2006
Maine, USA
My childhood is over. First Disney Adventures now Nick Mag. Has the last issue already come out because I couldn't find it today at Walmart. Also does anyone think it will be announced in the last issue that this is the last issue?

J!!!

You're such a little kid~
Oct 30, 2008
Somewhere
I thought Nickelodeon Magazine was doing well considering it is the #1 kids network's mag. I had a subsription to this magazine for years and it's sad to see it gone.

Jacob

Staff member
Jan 21, 2009
North Carolina
From a multichannel news article:

Nickelodeon magazine is published 11 times a year and claims 7.7 million readers per issue. The company said some staff members will remain on board to put out the final issues but the rest of the staff will be let go.
So they will make a few more issues before they close for good. Maybe they will do something special in the last issue. :shrug:

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
That's too bad for the people who worked at the magazine. I hope that they'll be able to find something new. I don't really remembering having that much of Nick magazine when I was little. I liked reading the comics the most, but that was about it. Of course, I shouldn't be too surprised at this news. Despite how Nick is a successful kids entertainment channel, the number one in fact, this economy has not been helpful towards the magazine industry.

Mist

Celebrating 20 Years of Sonic
Jul 18, 2003
Michigan
cjmcray.deviantart.com
I used to collect the magazine myself as a kid. But stopped reading it YEARS ago. Can't say i'm sorry to see it go.

Though, I never knew Disney Adventures had ended. That news makes me somewhat sad.

DarthGonzo

Fourteen Years!
Jun 24, 2001
Glen Cove, NY
I don't understand why they would do this,
On the other hand, this doesn't surprise me at all. Print media such as magazines and newspapers are really suffering as people by default are using the internet as their source of information, where just about everything they want is at their fingertips.

No one should be surprised about something like this.

Urusei Yatsura

The Revolutionist
Dec 31, 2008
California
I used to read the magazine, but the subscriptions stopped coming and I didn't really care. I'm sad though if the comics are gone forever.:(