Nickelodeon Cancellation/Renewal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockorockorocko

Wow I'm shocked by the 10 episode edition to Season 3, plus a Season 4 renewal... guess Nick really is impressed by NRDD, which has been a moderate (although consistent) performer from the get go.

TTM nearing 100 episodes, NRDD at 84... Nick sure has invested in *some* of their live action.

chum_chum

TTM nearing 100 episodes, NRDD at 84... Nick sure has invested in *some* of their live action.
At this point Nick normalized the state of two main types of programming out of three (pre-school and live action sitcoms). Sadly, third one still needs a lot of improvement, but I hope the fact that the new head of Viacom recently mentioned the negative effect of Spongebob spamming on the brand overall means something will change with the way animated series are scheduled on Nick.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I hope the fact that the new head of Viacom recently mentioned the negative effect of Spongebob spamming on the brand overall means something will change with the way animated series are scheduled on Nick.
He mentioned that? Then yeah, I hope things with that change, too.

DeanBurrito25

In a presentation at the Morgan Stanley Technology, Media & Telecom Conference, new Viacom CEO Bob Bakish said Nickelodeon is now back to “firing on all cylinders”, while a few years ago “you’d say it was all based on SpongeBob and Dora.” - http://deadline.com/2017/03/viacom-ceo-bob-bakish-new-paramount-chief-named-near-term-1202033023/
Does this refer to an increase in quality when it comes to original programming? For their sake, I hope this rings true.
If Viacom has restored confidence in Nick's future shows, hopefully this means they will reduce the number of sponge reruns they have in their daily schedule as well.

kanc

https://www.toonzone.net/forums/thr...-renewal-thread.5387031/page-12#post-84855902
@superkeegan9100 already posted back in Nov 2016 that Bubble Guppies already ending after season 4. I posted the link above for you to see it.

And Bubble Guppies already aired all episodes, but I'm surprised it's still currently airing on Nickelodeon weekday mornings, along with Team Umizoomi that was already ended 2015

kanc

http://makeitpop.wikia.com/wiki/Summer_Splash (look in the comments section)

I know it's already old news of canned for Make It Pop. But I just thought I would post it here. Someone posted on wikia comment saying the fate for Make It Pop. Another user replied that Megan (who played Sun-Hee character), one of main stars of Make It Pop, a week ago did a livestream and since many fans kept asking for season 3, she tells the fans saying there is no more Make It Pop. Sorry I can't find the link that she actually said that, but these cancellation explanations are in the comments section.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts