Nickelodeon Cancellation/Renewal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanc

Not surprised about Bubble Guppies. It's been on forever, had a nice run. Thinking Team Umizoomi is next. Besides Nick has reloaded on it's Nick Jr. lineup and has found some new hits to flesh out.

As for Moner, highly doubt she'll go back to Nick.

The fourth season for TTM is supposedly the last. Same could be said for NRDD. Makes sense.

Is SoR waiting on a renewal or are they currently working on the new second season?
School of Rock is currently airing season 2 episodes. Season 1 has 12 episodes. About the Bubble Guppies ending, it said that it was recorded 14 episodes on season 4, and when I looked at it, it turned out Bubble Guppies had finished airing season 4 episodes after all.

Team Umizoomi is already done as it mentioned, http://thefutoncritic.com/showatch/team-umizoomi/listings/
But the show is still showing reruns on Nickelodeon preschool block.

Jack Griffo tweeted that Thundermans of season 4 could possibly be last, season 4 will have 26 episodes.

@Michael Cataldo Isabella Moner is doing a movie of Transformers. https://twitter.com/justjaredjr/status/797153109839593472
Nickelodeon still didn't confirm the cast for any renewal of 100 Things to Do, which we assume it's cancelled. Isabella can be seen in Halo Awards on Sun Nov 27. Not sure her plans after she will get finished with Transformers movie..

LUNI_TUNZ

After the Legends of the Hidden Temple airs next week, is Isabela Moner going back to her show?
It's unconfirmed (weirdly at this point still), but it seems to pretty much be cancelled.

But hey, apparently Game Shakers got renewed for a third season, so I guess kids love shouty awful characters with no direction.

kanc

According to showfax, Nicky Ricky Dicky and Dawn has #316, #317, #318, #319 that just been produced. It's obvious that Nickelodeon quietly added more than 14 episodes, since #316 had produced on Oct 21 of this year. I'm surprised Nickelodeon didn't issue a press release about additional episodes in a season.
Instagram was posted 11 weeks ago, earlier last September https://www.instagram.com/p/BJ6XX8GgGL6/ that NRDD finished producing 60 episodes, and extra episodes is still currently in production. It's unknown how many more episodes were added.

jaylop97

Staff member
That is really big that they would add more episodes in the season like that seems rare to see that.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter

kanc

Yeah, I'm not surprised. If it was going to get renewed, I think we would've known by now. It's too bad. Since Big Time Rush ended, it was the only live action Nick show I really liked.
yeah well.. 100 Things to Do only has one season wonder, while Big Time Rush only lasted for four seasons. The live actions that doesn't get announced for cancellation by Nickelodeon or any cast or crew tweet or something: House of Anubis, Big Time Rush, Legendary Dudas (possibly..), 100 Things to Do Before High School, AwesomenessTV, Figure It Out (revival), Webheads, Fred the Show, Hollywood Heights, Glenn Martin DDS, and among few others.

I still wish Nickelodeon could've given a chance for renewal of 100 Things to Do, but sadly it won't happen..

Micahel Cataldo

The live actions that doesn't get announced for cancellation by Nickelodeon or any cast or crew tweet or something: House of Anubis, Big Time Rush, Legendary Dudas (possibly..), 100 Things to Do Before High School, AwesomenessTV, Figure It Out (revival), Webheads, Fred the Show, Hollywood Heights, Glenn Martin DDS, and among few others...

Like what kind of few others?

Rex Kamex

It's unconfirmed (weirdly at this point still), but it seems to pretty much be cancelled.

At least from what I've seen, none of the main three stars have said that 100 Things has been cancelled, but Lisa Arch (a.k.a. Principal Hader) has.

Her Twitter bio mentions that it's been cancelled, and when someone asked if it was true, she responded that it "officially" was cancelled.

Honestly, that thing about 100 Things "also cancelled" in her bio has been there for months. I don't know when it was first put there, but I had seen it sometime before I made that long rant post about 100 Things back in June.

But I continued waiting for any of the main three actors to say something too (either that it was cancelled, or that Nick changed its mind and it actually got renewed after all, last moment), and... for the most part, I didn't see anything (and I'm not mad at the actors- it's Nick who lets them say and not say these types of things).

Now Jaheem (Fenwick) did have a Periscope video back in August or so, where (shortly past the 9:30 mark), when asked by commenters about 100 Things, he said that he wasn't allowed to say things about it at the time ("it's not public yet"), but to "catch up" with the episodes. I figured there might be a special/TV movie or something like that. Months have passed since then, though.

The Teen Vogue article Ghostbuster posted mentions Isabela filming a movie in New Mexico but I'm sure that film is something completely different...

The way 100 Things has been handled has just been ridiculously frustrating to me. I am excited to see the films Isabela has filmed this year, though, and I hope the other actors have successful careers too. For the sake of both the show and the actors, it'd be cool for the show to at least help launch the careers of several people.

Last edited:

kanc

At least from what I've seen, none of the main three stars have said that 100 Things has been cancelled, but Lisa Arch (a.k.a. Principal Hader) has.

Her Twitter bio mentions that it's been cancelled, and when someone asked if it was true, she responded that it "officially" was cancelled.
The tweet was from last September of this year. Also I wonder where does Legendary Dudas, The Other Kingdom, All In with Cam Newton stand? I bet it's been cancelled, and no news for Nick nor any cast confirm cancellation. It's assumed to be cancelled due to low ratings.

zoombie

I wonder about The Other Kingdom myself, while Star vs the Forces of Evil is getting the 3rd season and just had in my opinion the best episode of the series, and really getting on the roll, that the knockoff doesn't even get a 2nd season, now that is poetic justice.

Rex Kamex

^ Oh yeah, I've seen a lot of comments online criticizing The Other Kingdom by saying it's too similar to Star vs the Forces of Evil. (I've seen most of The Other Kingdom but barely any of Star, so I can't personally say how true that is, but I wouldn't be surprised if that affected its ratings.)

The tweet was from last September of this year.

Yeah, I still thought someone else would've said something about the show by now. Again, I don't blame the actors, I blame Nick for not letting the main actors be more clear about the fate of the show.

Also I wonder where does Legendary Dudas, The Other Kingdom, All In with Cam Newton stand? I bet it's been cancelled, and no news for Nick nor any cast confirm cancellation. It's assumed to be cancelled due to low ratings.

Nick and More says:

Nick burned-off the six episodes of scripted docu-style series Legendary Dudas on Saturday nights in July and August. The series was produced last fall and a few of the show’s stars have moved to other projects, so there is little chance this series will be seen again.

I'm going with that. Also, weren't all of the Dudas episodes on Nick's website before the season started airing? And I believe before the season ended, all the aired eps were on iTunes.

The Other Kingdom's first season ended in a very blatant cliffhanger, so there was clearly intended to be more. If people aren't willing to revive the show for a second season, I think they could wrap the plot up in a TV movie, but I don't think that'll happen either.

I guess All In is cancelled as well? I don't know how long to wait for them to announce a revival though.

On a different note, NRDD: It got a season extension, you say? Then if the season's ratings are good, I wouldn't rule out a fourth season as well. They could just make more plot lines about the characters growing up.

I assume Season 3 episodes will start airing before next year's Upfront event, and if those get good ratings, maybe at Upfront they'll announce a fourth season (if not a new series starring one of the actors, possibly).

kanc

It's only assumed, not official for All In for cancellation. Last episode of a season just aired week ago.
Even if Legendary Dudas got burned off, two main casts already appeared in Nickelodeon's Halloween Haunted House last month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts