Nickelodeon Cancellation/Renewal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shamir ejaz

Wits academy is showing on teenick and it show a commercial saying they showing behind the scenes of the show which never been shown on nickelodeon when the show originally aired. Is there a way to see the behind the scenes again since I missed most on today. After the last wits academy that ended at 3:30pm they did not show any behind the scenes did they just end the show and moved on to i carly after that.

kanc

Wits academy is showing on teenick and it show a commercial saying they showing behind the scenes of the show which never been shown on nickelodeon when the show originally aired. Is there a way to see the behind the scenes again since I missed most on today. After the last wits academy that ended at 3:30pm they did not show any behind the scenes did they just end the show and moved on to i carly after that.
I also missed WITS Academy behind the scenes too. Was it a half hour special for behind the scenes? I hope it should be on nick.com. But other than that, i wonder why teennick is airing behind the scenes and not nickelodeon since it is a main network?

shamir ejaz

I also missed WITS Academy behind the scenes too. Was it a half hour special for behind the scenes? I hope it should be on nick.com. But other than that, i wonder why teennick is airing behind the scenes and not nickelodeon since it is a main network?
Will they show different behind the scenes every per sunday they air wits academy on teenick or will they show the behind scenes that aired today next week for those who missed it.

kanc

Will they show different behind the scenes every per sunday they air wits academy on teenick or will they show the behind scenes that aired today next week for those who missed it.
it's possible same behind the scenes will air every Sunday

kanc

Updating as of Mar 2016:
What's renewed:
-SpongeBob (season 10 and season 11)
-Game Shakers (season 2)
-Halo Effect (it has been expanded, despite low ratings)
-Harvey Beaks (season 2)
-Henry Danger (season 3)
-Miraculous Ladybug (3rd party, but upfront didn't mention this, it's renewed season 2 and season 3, unknown if it air in USA)
-Nicky Ricky Dicky and Dawn (season 3)
-PGBC (renewed for season 2 ahead of series premiere)
-Power Rangers
-Thundermans (season 4)
-TMNT (season 5)

What's unknown as upfront did not mention this could possibly lead to cancellation:
-100 Things to Do Before High School (season 1 delivered low ratings, and Isabella Moner working on Legend of Hidden Temple revival, so it's possible that series is done)
-Breadwinners (season 2 will be last as it stayed hiatus much longer and airing every Sundays in fall still didn't help with ratings, unknown when rest season 2 episodes will air)
-Make It Pop (season 2 is done, cast and crew are moving on from diff projects)
-Max and Shred (season 2 will air Nicktoons Mar 21, possibly be the last season and due to Nick's reluctance of renewing season 2 since upfront 2015 due to low ratings on Nickelodon network)
-Paradise Run (already aired 20 episodes and ratings were 1.4-1.5 average, but repeats were unknown around 1.2ish.. or little lower as it didn't make tvbythenumbers top 100)
-Rabbids Invasion (possibly season 3 renewal but upfront did not mention those as it's done.)
-Sanjay and Craig (currently in season 3, but Mar 2016 has been pulled from Nick schedule and it's unknown when or it will air)
-Talia in the Kitchen (one cast tweeted about the cancellation as of Jan 2016, lowest rated live action from its start)
-WITS Academy (one cast tweeted that there's no season 2 which is because of steady 1.2-1.3 ratings and some are moving on for other projects)

Current status continuation new episodes in season, and not yet decided for renewal:
Alvin and Chipmunks (season 2 currently)
Bella and the Bulldogs (season 2 currently)
Fairly OddParents (season 10 currently)

Last edited:

kanc

before she tweeted the cancellation, another cast member Todd Allen Durkin just one month ago on instagram answered fan's question saying there's no season 2 WITS Academy. The link of instagram was he was working on a new TBS show, but as of now that link instagram had deleted it. And already hinted that WITS Academy is not listed in upfront 2016, but now it's official cancellation.

Still awaiting to hear other cast or crew members for confirming cancellation of Make It Pop, 100 Things to Do Before High School, Breadwinners, Sanjay and Craig, as well as others

kanc

kanc

digiblader1

Nick has greenlit a second season of new preschool series Sunny Day ahead of the shows premiere in early 2017.
Guessing something's getting canned on Nick Jr.(along with Bubble Guppies, which just ended) if Nick is doing this.. could it be Dora & Friends, which is on the bubble itself for renewal.. so desperate, that they've started reincorporating characters from the original series in its 2nd season. Or it could be another show..

kanc

Guessing something's getting canned on Nick Jr.(along with Bubble Guppies, which just ended) if Nick is doing this.. could it be Dora & Friends, which is on the bubble itself for renewal.. so desperate, that they've started reincorporating characters from the original series in its 2nd season. Or it could be another show..
Actually Bubble Guppies currently in season 4 with new episodes occasionally, not sure why nickelodeon upfront 2014/2015 nor nickelodeon press confirms that Nick renewed Bubble Guppies for season 4 last year, though twitter of some creator stated that in fall 2014 season 4 Bubble Guppies was currently in production. And in Nick upfront 2016 Bubble Guppies wasn't mentioned, and you could be right that Bubble Guppies season 4 could be the end. Unsure of how many more episodes season 4 consists since Nick didn't give more information about this.

Dora and Friends is in season 2 but barely aired on Nickelodeon due to low ratings, so since early 2016 recent new episodes aired on NickJr. So it's possible season 2 could be the last, but upfront 2016 said new episodes of Dora. Wallykazam is in season 2 but hasn't had new episodes since last Feb and status said it's currently on hiatus, Shimmer and Shine was renewed for season 2 despite low ratings. Mutt & Stuff was renewed for season 2 I think.

Blaze and the Monster Machines, despite low total viewers, but did very well in K2-11 and preschool demos. Same thing for Paw Patrol.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts