Nickelodeon Cancellation/Renewal Thread

Zeether

HASSHA!!
Surprisingly, it's an adaptation of Go-Busters, a show that already used "It's Morphin' Time" in its sentai incarnation. Did not see this one coming since it's so old now.

kanc

Glad to see Henry Danger getting a season 5! And also Game Shakers fate is unknown yet due to move to Sunday nights for burnoffs with lackluster ratings.

toonmaster17

Glad to see Henry Danger getting a season 5! And also Game Shakers fate is unknown yet due to move to Sunday nights for burnoffs with lackluster ratings.
With the Game Shakers Season 3 wrap party being tonight according to Madisyn Shipman on Instagram I would be surprised to a renewal as ratings have slipped quite a bit within the past year. Moving it to Sunday evenings last month obviously was the nail in the coffin! Still managed to get three seasons though.

Poweranimals

Invincible
To be fair though, they don't really have much left on the live action front. Thundermans is ending, School of Rock is ending, NRDD is ending, etc.

kanc

Nick's still got Knight Squad, Star Falls and I Am Frankie, and the recently announced Cousins For Life.
@Poweranimals Henry Danger renewed for season 5 lets not forget it.

@Michael Cataldo, no announcement for season 3 of Hunter Street. Nick upfront did not mention it, so it's likely done. I can also bet that I am Frankie after season 2 airs, it might be done. Nickelodeon currently isn't ordering daily live action serial in the works

kanc

Knight Squad will be another one and done like 100 Things. Terrible ratings for brand new show. It can't even hit 1 million.
Actually only first episode of Knight Squad made 1 mil viewers, which was a special preview of Knight Squad. That show was a lead-in of Blurt movie that had 1.7 mil viewers

jaylop97

Staff member
Im not surprised Game Shakers season 3 is the last ones. Ratings haven't been doing well when moved to Sunday nights.

http://deadline.com/2018/03/nickelodeon-tv-series-producer-dan-schneider-part-ways-1202353698/

Also not sure if this is right way to post, but Dan Schneider and Nickelodeon parted ways due to his abusive behavior and I thought Dan Schneider is the nice ones..
There is already a thread in discussion to that topic, I think it will be better to leave it there than having it here.

kanc

https://revengeofthecis.com/2018/03/26/dan-schneider-fired-from-nickelodeon/

Scroll it under near bottom of page and it said, "Despite the overwhelming grassroots effort to pressure Nickelodeon into making a statements the company remained silent, even renewing Schneider’s animated “The Adventures of Kid Danger” for another upcoming season. While covering Dan Schneider and Nickelodeon, ROTC Media was contacted by Gabe Hoffman, producer of Hollywood pedophile documentary “An Open Secret” with an on-the-record statement on Schneider."

I'm confused by this, is Adventures of Kid Danger really renewing for another season?

Even though deadline said Kid Danger (after Dan Schenider part ways Nickelodeon) future is unknown

Ghostbuster

Inside No. 9
I think they mean that Nick are remaining silent about whether Kid Danger is being renewed, they just forgot a word.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

My alma mater will always break my heart. Just two yards away from the college football playoff.
No Toonami? No problem! I'm riffing JoJo: Stone Ocean on Twitter!

Streaker Prower wrote on ilpuyopuyo's profile.
If Litton purge didn’t affect The CW, what would be the 2021-2022 schedule for Vortexx on The CW
Still here, for better or for worse
Lord Decibel, along with the episode he debuted in, turns 5 years of age today! Check out my NewGrounds account for details: Today’s the Day; JOLLY DECIBEL DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOTE: I go by a different name on NewGrounds, but once I become a supporter of the site, I’ll change my username on there.

Featured Posts