Nickelodeon and Netflix Announce New Multi-Year Deal for Original Shows/Movies

BillK15

I know this announcement stated nothing about adding older Nickelodeon content on the service yet, even though we had just seen a handful of shows and movies like Victorious and Big Time Movie weeks ago, but with their relationship growing stronger, there's a most likely chance we'll see more classic Nick content soon.

Ghoster1987

howdy
does this mean newer Nicktoons will be streaming on Netflix instead of airing on the main channel?

AdrenalineRush1996

Not surprised, given that their parent company has opted to put their stuff on other services instead of creating their own like Disney, Warner Media and NBC Universal are doing.

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
This reminds me of DreamWorks Animation deal of the earlier part of the decade. Hopefully this means Netflix is in charge of renewing the shows but I'm definitely hoping that Glitch Techs is a Netflix show instead. We've waited a long time for that show to come about, why not put it on an appropriate service to compliment the show and its premise?

Here's to hoping that more risque shows come out and less restrictions. And less shows based on older properties.

the greenman

I enjoyed the "Zim: Enter the Florpus" movie. I have to now wait on Ahh Real Monsters. I believe Paramount is going to mix both Nickelodeon tv and Netflix for both new content and reunion/reboots. Are You Afraid of the Dark? reboot is on the way following All That this year. So we'll see what happens.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RDG

ToonJay723

Staff member

TMC1982

I'm wondering how this will affect CBS All-Access? I naturally assumed that a lot of Viacom's properties would eventually show up (or it at the very least, would seem logical) there come the finalization of the merger.

Can Nickelodeon return to dominance in kids TV with all the streaming competition?
SOURCE: LOS ANGELES TIMES
Nickelodeon, which signed an exclusive deal with Netflix this week, once dominated kids TV. But it's lost nearly 60% of its viewership over the past decade. “We have to move fast, and continue to evolve as the business evolves,” says Brian Robbins, who's been trying to re-create Nickelodeon's excitement via reboots of classic series since he took over as president 13 months ago. “We want to get back to that creative-driven culture that used to exist here.” Robbins adds: “I knew that there were enormous headwinds confronting television. But then my wife asked me the question that I like to ask everybody, which is: ‘Why not?'"

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

MeTV went off the air for about 15 minutes, right during one of the last Svengoolie segments up until it was time for the news (which I get in my area instead of Star Trek).
Well Bakugan was made in Canada too, so...
I made another temporary rebrand now, this time for two weeks, to celebrate the 15th anniversary of CN City's European introduction (21 April 2006).

Includes a 2004-styled profile picture and a banner featuring the 2010-present ITC Lubalin font and a checkerboard-styled logo.

I also plan to occasionally post in the 10th international CN thread, and City era CN CEE schedules.
man i can't wait for The CW's version of the Powerpuff Girls

Featured Posts