Nickelodeon after the launch of Paramount+

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
With the launch of Paramount+ (aka the rebrand of CBS All Access into P+) set for March 4th, what do you think will happen to Nickelodeon after said date? Will it end up becoming another "post-HBO Max" Cartoon Network? Will Nick try new things (besides making originals for Paramount+) like simulcast the next Kids Choice Awards on the main channel & P+ with live stream, and release upcoming episodes of their shows onto P+ one day after their first Nick broadcast (a similar thing CBS All Access did with CBS shows)?

whoisretro

With the launch of Paramount+ (aka the rebrand of CBS All Access into P+) set for March 4th, what do you think will happen to Nickelodeon after said date? Will it end up becoming another "post-HBO Max" Cartoon Network? Will Nick try new things (besides making originals for Paramount+) like simulcast the next Kids Choice Awards on the main channel & P+ with live stream, and release upcoming episodes of their shows onto P+ one day after their first Nick broadcast (a similar thing CBS All Access did with CBS shows)?
Nothing will change probably, Nick has a lot of shows right now and a lot of upcoming ones and the network feels very much alive. About simulcasts or the one day after broadcast thing, no they said before that seasons of shows from all their networks will be on the service around a year after they finish airing (this is for cable networks, for CBS show it's a day after broadcast). At most they'll probably take a few shows but like Kamp Koral Nick will probably end up airing them anyway.

EDIT: Don't quote me on the a year after airing part I remember them mentioning it in a article but I have to see which one but since lots of current or recently ended shows are missing seasons, Henry Danger Season 5 finished airing last March and still isn't on the service for example, it's probably true.

Last edited:

JTOONSAnimation

What happened to Cartoon Network won't happen to Nickelodeon. When WarnerMedia launched HBO Max they put that above all of their channels, ViacomCBS has been putting equal effort into Paramount+ as they do to their channels.

The next-day episode thing will somewhat possibly happen with MTV, Comedy Central, etc. But with Nickelodeon, it'll likely be after the whole season concludes.

AdrenalineRush1996

What happened to Cartoon Network won't happen to Nickelodeon. When WarnerMedia launched HBO Max they put that above all of their channels, Viacom CBS has been putting equal effort into Paramount+ as they do to their channels.

The next-day episode thing will somewhat possibly happen with MTV, Comedy Central, etc. But with Nickelodeon, it'll likely be after the whole season concludes.
I'm surprised that you didn't mention Disney, considering that they've been focusing more on Disney+ than their main channels.

Action!

I think the main channel will be fine. It won't be the same as HBO Max.

Ghostbuster

Inside No. 9
ViacomCBS said a few months ago that most new content will air on Nick, with premieres taking around a year to be added to Paramount+.

harry580

did you think they can finally air wonder park the series on paramount plus because nickelodeon is like forgetting wonder park the series

The Overlord

I have a controversial take on this, what would be wrong if Nick and Viacom CBS focused on making animated content for Paramount Plus over the Nick Channel?

Think about it, Nick has treated animation terribly in the past, by comparing every show to Spongebob and giving these shows bad scheduling or sending them off to Nicktoons (channel almost no one has), if they do not measure up to Spongebob. Paramount Plus will have to take more risks to get subscribers in this crowded streaming market and may be willing to give new animated shows more of a chance than the Nick Channel would. Scheduling is not an issue on streaming.

whoisretro

I have a controversial take on this, what would be wrong if Nick and Viacom CBS focused on making animated content for Paramount Plus over the Nick Channel?

Think about it, Nick has treated animation terribly in the past, by comparing every show to Spongebob and giving these shows bad scheduling or sending them off to Nicktoons (channel almost no one has), if they do not measure up to Spongebob. Paramount Plus will have to take more risks to get subscribers in this crowded streaming market and may be willing to give new animated shows more of a chance than the Nick Channel would. Scheduling is not an issue on streaming.

That was the old management, the new management has done a fine job with the cartoons they haven't sent a show to Nicktoons in almost 2 years.

kanc

You're forgetting Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Also Don't forget that there's been several NickJr block shows shipped to NickJr channel, like The Adventures of Paddington (recently), Abby Hatcher, Ricky Zoom, Butterbean's Cafe, Corn & Peg

TargetmasterJoe

That was the old management, the new management has done a fine job with the cartoons they haven't sent a show to Nicktoons in almost 2 years.

Also Don't forget that there's been several NickJr block shows shipped to NickJr channel, like The Adventures of Paddington (recently), Abby Hatcher, Ricky Zoom, Butterbean's Cafe, Corn & Peg

Glitch Techs says hi...

whoisretro

Glitch Techs says hi...

The current management dumped those because they were greenlit by the previous management. This happens a lot when new executives come in, for example it has happened at Cartoon Network multiple times. I meant anything greenlit by current management that's airing has been treated fine.

TargetmasterJoe

The current management dumped those because they were greenlit by the previous management. This happens a lot when new executives come in, for example it has happened at Cartoon Network multiple times. I meant anything greenlit by current management that's airing has been treated fine.
I may have been out of touch due to overall annoyance with the excess mooching off of SpongeBob, exactly what has the current management greenlit so far?

kanc

but those cartoons are made when Cyma was still the president of nickelodeon

Well technically, The Casagrandes was greenlighted in Jul 2018, but that was after Cyma left president Jun 2018, and way even before Robbins became president in Oct 2018

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"It can be so hard to leave someone you love, but if you find something to remember them by, you will feel less alone." -Willa, one of the Made-for-Qubo segments on Willa's Wild Life

Thanks for all the memories, Qubo.

The winner of this matchup is Harpy Gee, which got 5 votes. Both Yoyotoki Happy Ears and Marisa And The Mirror got 0 votes. Now we go into the final round with a 3 way matchup. It's between Missing The Mark, Harpy Gee, and Pizza Pilot.
R.I.P. Qubo and Ion Plus (2006 Qubo / 2007 Plus - 2021)
March Madness 2021!
JJ Abrams, Please Do Earth 2.
The DCEU will be so mind-blowingly awesome once we get there.

Featured Posts