Nick on Paramount+

CartoonLover2604

Jerk, Dinger, Bling blong.
There have been some Nick additions to Paramount Plus:
  • Eureeka's Castle is now listed though, there aren't any episodes available to watch as of now.
  • Double Dare 2018 is also now listed though again, no episodes are available to watch as of now.
  • Season 1 of Ryan's Mystery Playdate is now available to watch.

Mandouga

I think I know why.

It's likely going to be the half hour version that leaves out a lot of the segments that would have to be licensed again, but they be trying to clear up any possible legal problems that even the "original" segments might have. OTOH, they could be deciding what form it should take: when it first premiered in 1989, I understand it was originally a 2 hour show that later got reduced to one hour.

In any case I didn't think this show would get added. Could the viewers possibly expect:

-Out of Control
-You Can't Do That on Television (a Canadian import that NICK owns the distribution rights to)
-Don't Just Sit There!
-Finders Keepers
-Kids Court
-SK8 TV
-Make the Grade
-Think Fast!
-Super Sloppy Double Dare
-Family Double Dare (both versions)
-Double Dare 2000 (yes, the version Marc Summers didn't like too much)
-Get the Picture
-GUTS (and Global GUTS)
-Wild and Crazy Kids
-What Would You Do? (Marc Summers' other NICK show)

...and a whole bunch of other shows not listed here? I should also mention that NICK no longer owns the rights to Mr. Wizard's World*, or The Secret World of Alex Mack, which is why they aren't listed, along with the various third party stuff they aired before August 11, 1991 came around^ (and maybe even afterwards for a little while). Also, this really makes me wonder if they might add "Marc Summers' Mystery Magical Tour" (the Halloween special he made). Whatever the case, Paramount+ adding Eureeka's Castle does present possibilities...

*Their longest aired (but not longest running) show until...America's favorite yellow cleaning tool overtook it...

^On the other hand, P+ does have Danger Mouse, Inspector Gadget, Heathcliff, and the animated Star Trek, all of which coincidentally aired on Nickelodeon at various points.

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

CartoonLover2604

Some things I personally hope get added in the future:
  • El Tigre
  • Back at the Barnyard
  • Harvey Beaks
  • Wienerville
  • Kablam
  • Catscratch
  • The X's
  • Jack's Big Music Show
  • some of those Stick Stickly specials
  • Several game shows
  • Moose and Zee shorts

Mandouga

Uh, I didn’t add “Weinerville” (actual spelling) for a good reason: it features reruns of older animated series, including The Alvin Show from the 1960s and a show called “Batfink”. For Weinerville, they could only show the live-action segments, and I think the animated segments were kind of important to the show.

For Kablam, I think there may be legal problems with some of the segments featured on the show, which is why I also didn’t add Oh Yeah! Cartoons or Random! Cartoons.

Also I made a mistake before: I meant to say that they “may” be trying to clear up any legal problems. Sorry about that, everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CartoonLover2604

Uh, I didn’t add “Weinerville” (actual spelling) for a good reason: it features reruns of older animated series, including The Alvin Show from the 1960s and a show called “Batfink”. For Weinerville, they could only show the live-action segments, and I think the animated segments were kind of important to the show.

For Kablam, I think there may be legal problems with some of the segments featured on the show, which is why I also didn’t add Oh Yeah! Cartoons or Random! Cartoons.

Also I made a mistake before: I meant to say that they “may” be trying to clear up any legal problems. Sorry about that, everyone.

Actually, when The Splat aired "Weinerville" they simply replaced the cartoon segments with episodes of "Rugrats" so if it gets added, I imagine it'll have Rugrats in place of the cartoon segments.

And I'm aware regarding "Kablam" I should had clarified to add the episodes that don't have any legal issues.

CNNickFan

Invader Zim

Hey Dude, Salute Your Shorts, Spongebob DocuPants, Kablam, GUTS, Nick Arcade, You Can't Do That on Television, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Ryan's Mystery Play Date, Eureka's Castle, Digby Dragon, 6 Episodes of Spongebob Season 12, Frank and Frankie, and Double Dare 2018 have all been added to Paramount Plus.

Last edited:

CartoonLover2604

Hey Dude, Salute Your Shorts, Spongebob DocuPants, Kablam, GUTS, Nick Arcade, You Can't Do That on Television, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Ryan's Mystery Play Date, Eureka's Castle, and Double Dare 2018 have all been added to Paramount Plus.
Two Nick Jr. shows, Digby Dragon and Frankie & Frank have been added as well.

Mandouga

And...they're gone. While all that other stuff got added, they removed the Eureeka's Castle and Double Dare 2018 pages; not cool. Why put those pages up with no episodes, and then not actually add them at all? What is going on over there?...

Sent from my SM-T290 using Tapatalk

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Original airings of some Weinerville episodes included 1962-67 Paramount cartoons (the ones never sold off to other entities), which became fitting in 1994 upon the merger of Paramount and Viacom. They could have kept those cartoons in without any problems. As it is, I want Nick Rewind split off into a 24/7 channel incorporating classic family programming from all sectors of ViacomCBS including inevitably the 60s Paramount cartoons.

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
I wonder if Ren and Stimpy will ever have the rest of their episodes added. Seems to always be the case streaming wise.

Moe

I wonder if Ren and Stimpy will ever have the rest of their episodes added. Seems to always be the case streaming wise.
I noticed this too and only 15 episodes out of 52 episodes are missing.

Hopefully they add soon and I can't find those on digital store, but already have DVD collection.

Mandouga

I noticed this too and only 15 episodes out of 52 episodes are missing.

Hopefully they add soon and I can't find those on digital store, but already have DVD collection.

Just remember, though. They’re (probably) not going to add any banned episodes...

SG-17

I am very happily surprised that they added KaBlam! Previously the only way to watch it was via Mark Marek's website where he hosted all of the episodes as .wav files in a flash website... which doesn't work anymore since Flash is dead.

Moe

Just remember, though. They’re (probably) not going to add any banned episodes...

If they do, it is likely to be edited or put in different package with TV-14 and TV-MA rating in MTV or Comedy Central category.

but some banned episodes get added on Paramount+, anyway.

It looks like Nick is going to complete the collection in near future with a lot of missing shows that you mentioned on list to be added in next batch.

I hopefully they add Pinwheel - they haven't air on Nick for 30 years now, even never air on Noggin.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts