Nick/Nicktoons Technical Difficulties

Nodog

I haven't seen any weird stuff happen, but maybe you have. If so, post them here.
One common glitch is that there is no vocal tracking for the episodes, such as SpongeBob below:
It also happened to Fairy OddParents:

ToonJay723

Staff member
I remember sometime in either 2003 or 2004, they were showing a rerun of My Life as a Teenage Robot (See No Evil/The Great Unwashed), and in the first segment when a guy was selling eye drops and hot sauce, it just cut to commercial, and they played the commercials for the rest of the half hour.

Pac-Attack

This happened a year ago on Nicktoons
I recorded episodes of Penguins last night, and something strange happened, the last 3 minutes of "Jiggles" was cut off for no reason and instantly went to commercial break. This caused the episode that came after that to air 6 minutes early, but once it finished it aired a bunch of interstitials to fill the time.

kanc

I haven't seen any weird stuff happen, but maybe you have. If so, post them here.
One common glitch is that there is no vocal tracking for the episodes, such as SpongeBob below:
I think I know why there's no vocal range for SpongeBob and some early 2005 episodes of Fairly OddParents. I know that season 1 to season 3 episodes SpongeBob has no sound at all. Maybe you pressed SPANish dub on remote control that you thought it would convert to Spanish, but it didn't really. But this was taken before 2013. As of now, it has updated and now all except very few episodes of SpongeBob which uses vocals/background music/motions but in higher volume. When I pressed SPAN button on remote control there were no vocals for SpongeBob: Sanctuary/What's Eating Patrick. But every other Nicktoons like TMNT, Breadwinners (few early episodes in 2014 had no instrumentals nor motions sound background, only the voice which lasted until late summer 2014), Sanjay and Craig, PGBC, and the rest of other Nickelodeon still uses vocals and instrumentals but in higher volume. Most iCarly episodes have woman voiceover that tells what each character is doing when no character is talking. All Full House and George Lopez, and Hangin' With Mr. Cooper episodes on Nick at Nite has no sound at all. Most promos before summer 2015 and season 2 Talia in the Kitchen promos/bumpers doesn't use any sound at all. Season 1 to end of season 3 Drake and Josh episodes, Fred 3: Fred Goes to Camp, season 1 TUFF Puppy episodes aired on Nickelodeon uses no vocal range but background music/motions.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
In 2010, Nickelodeon ES+PT got to air the start of an episode of The Mighty B! in Spanish. Then they went to the sub-feed to air an SBSP episode (I assume that it was "Club Spongebob") and returned to the show in the correct audio track.

In 2011, a similar thing happened with George of the Jungle, in which another episode was playing in Spanish - and not corresponding with the video.

Lord Hater

Retired
Dish Network didn't shut down Nick GAS and replace it with The N in 2007. It was fixed on April 23, 2009.

hobo 7

There was this one time during the El Tigre credits (during the Nicktoons Network era) where it just froze for 15 seconds and played a part of a KaBlam! episode with the old Nicktoons TV screen bug from 2003. It happened to other people as well.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
Sometimes Nickelodeon PT opts out early from the raw feed (Spanish feed), and very rarely, usually one break only, we get to see the full break from Spain. This happened a couple of days back in the early evening hours.

Nodog

There was this one time during the El Tigre credits (during the Nicktoons Network era) where it just froze for 15 seconds and played a part of a KaBlam! episode with the old Nicktoons TV screen bug from 2003. It happened to other people as well.
Apparently, some people got the same, only except instead of KaBlam! it was CatDog and the episode "Winslow's Home Videos".

mimitchi33

Lovely, in my most wonderful way!
I once saw a promo that said SpongeBob was next, but the Scooby Doo movie played instead.

kanc

When I watched Rugrats - Home Movies episode, I think there may be little audio glitch during the 2000s broadcast and digital video/DVD in the beginning

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
When Nickelodeon Iberia switched to 16:9 in 2012, some shows aired in English. Ironically, the Portuguese sub-feed has no English audio track, which I assume is due to technical limitations.

kanc

No technical difficulties, but when I press SAP button for Nick at Nite's Hugo movie, that movie automatically translated to Spanish. But normally throughout rest of movies or live actions or any Nickelodeon programming it's still in English mode but volume's little louder.

kanc

after the first commercial break and into the The Other Kingdom (act II), Nickelodeon immediately displays ending credit captions during the program, instead of placing in the last act for a reason

NewYorkEagle

The one with Fairy Oddparents reminds me of that episode where Timmy wishes the world had no sound, so he could finish his Lego Eiffel Tower.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
The one with Fairy Oddparents reminds me of that episode where Timmy wishes the world had no sound, so he could finish his Lego Eiffel Tower.
Here in Portugal, this happened too, as there were some episodes of As Told by Ginger that had the vocal tracks left undubbed.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts