Nick is 2008's #1 Basic Cable Network

Gokou Ruri

Wielder of the dark arts.
Just because no one talks about them here doesn't mean they're not popular. :p. The ratings speak otherwise.

If popularity on TZ was a reflection on popularity in real life Cartoon Network would be so far ahead of Disney and Nick that it'd be nuts.
Oh, I wasn't using here as a basis for popularity; I know better than that. I was speaking about their scheduling and the Top 10 ratings charts I browse every few weeks (then again I don't look at them that often so I might overlook them)

Daxdiv

Does this look like the face of mercy?
What iCarly stuff do you guys have? All I've ever seen has been t-shirts. Yet with Hannah Montana you can go into any random store and see an entire section devoted to it.

I think only clothing. People just ask me if we have things like the Camera, and Karaoke machines for example. I tell them no.

Flame Alchemist

Benjo wa doko desu ka
It's Cartoon Network (2 words, not 1), and CN has routinely come in 3rd place after Nick and Disney Channel. They should be used to it by now. :shrug:
So you could say...

Cartoon Network is Numbuh 3? :D

Flame Alchemist

Benjo wa doko desu ka
It's all because of spongebob and mighty b. The worst shows in history :sad:
I respectfully disagree. The Mighty B! is not the worst show in history, it's actually one of my favorite Nicktoons actually and is quite funny. You just have to watch more than one episode. I suggest "Ben Appetit".

Then there's SpongeBob. Not as bad as people make it out to be. Sure, the recent seasons aren't as good as the first 3, but that doesn't mean it's the worst series ever. :shrug:

I'll give Cartoon Network credit, they have a better early morning schedule than either Disney or Nick, so that means I'm watching CN when I wake up early on the 25th.

Goldstar Neo

Good Morning!
It's all because of spongebob and mighty b. The worst shows in history :sad:

SpongeBob and The Mighty B are "the worst shows in history", and yet, Nickelodeon is the #1 basic cable network because of them? If that was intended as a bash, it lost direction somewhere down the line...

Bryan

Administrator
I respectfully disagree. The Mighty B! is not the worst show in history, it's actually one of my favorite Nicktoons actually and is quite funny. You just have to watch more than one episode. I suggest "Ben Appetit".

"Ben Appetit" hasn't aired on TV yet, where have you seen it?

Bryan

Administrator
Nick On Demand. Unless toonami012 gets NOD, then I guess he can't watch it. I was assuming it had aired already and was on TurboNick or iTunes or something. :shrug:
Ah, I see it now. They've also added another unaired episode "Dang It Feels Good to Be A Gamester" today.

ManeFested

Master Of All 4 Elements
I'm surprised Avatar was not in the top 4 Nick shows of the year, even if it hasn't aired since September, or was it August.

I'm surprised in Nick not showing more FOP and Avatar. BABY and Spongebob are deffinately the 2 most played shows.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I'm not surprised that Nick is doing so well either, but I am a bit surprised that Back in the Barnyard has been doing so well. They kind of treat it differently, in terms of its time slots, compared to their other shows. But that's nice that it's doing so well since I have seen some episodes and its a pretty funny show.

Urusei Yatsura

The Revolutionist
Mighty B is okay... But it's nothing to obsess over; and it's certainly not a masterpiece. :sweat:

I'm not too surprised that Nick is doing well. Glad to see to Avatar episodes make it. :anime: Though I have no idea why a Spongebob episode had more views... (Well it is a KID'S channel...)

Anyways... C

How to Make Money as a Kid 2

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I think this is the first time he responded to a tweet from this account.

Also, this came out.

Updated my avatar to Pan Am Railways, which has just been acquired by CSX.
Check out my sig, would you? I realize at this stage of the game I don't want people to read Gilda & Meek & The Un-Iverse because I want money or fame. I wouldn't have posted 34 free issues on a blog if I did. The Aspie in me simply feels that it's really the only way for another person to fully understand me. That matters to me.

Ever wonder what makes Fone Bone tick? Check out the sig.
Wow! Something was updated to represent a beloved tradition in a sweet way? Oh the HORROR!!! :O :O Hershey's Kisses’ classic Christmas bells ad got a makeover — and people are outraged
DuckTales was canceled? Why is it that despite the fact that I didn't love the show I'm super annoyed anyways?

It turns out I dislike crushing potential as much as I do quality.