NFL 18 "Regular Season & Playoffs" Talkback

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
The Kickoff clock has been paused while Philadelphia waits for severe weather to pass. Once it does (expected at 8:55 ET), the Super Bowl Champion Eagles will face off with the team looking for a 'home game' at the next Super Bowl in February, the Atlanta Falcons.

WEEK 1
Thursday, September 6, 2018
atl.gif
@
phi.gif
, 8:30 PM

jaylop97

Staff member
That game was incredible, especially around the last few minutes remaining. For the Eagles 2 point conversion I didn't expect it to go through since it was fumbled only for that sliding because the ball made it into the goal line. As for the Falcolns I have to say i was expecting them to make a last minute win, only for them to be close to a touchdown but not succeeding thanks in part of out of boundary.

This game was good, definitely a good game to start of the regular season.

jaylop97

Staff member
I kind of knew beforehand that the Bears would have had a strong start only to see the tables turn, and like that the second half did turn the tables.

Road to Gotham

Vikings defense had to hold on for the win.
Cousins was decent.
Offense line is lackluster. Hopefully they come together and protect Cousins better.

Congratulations to the Browns. They didn't lose a game.
21-21 tie. Better then a lost.

jaylop97

Staff member
With Cleveland's latest win, I'm amazed they are currently 1-1-1, it is such a rare occurace to see a team make that number.

jaylop97

Staff member
Other than that game my expectations were blown by Detroit managing to go really well against New England, that game was pretty good and they played well against them.

Spideyzilla

Staff member
The Patriots are really starting to worry me. I get that there a lot some reinforcements coming to the offence in the forms of Edelman and Gordon, but this defence is just dreadful.

Road to Gotham

Another bogus roughing the passer call on Clay Matthews.
Poor guy can't catch a break.

Surprised by the Lions victory. But glad they won.
Even more surprised that the Bears are leading the NFC North.
With the addition of Mack, The Monsters of the Midway are Back.

Vikes looked terrible and they have a quick turn around and play Thursday night at the LA Rams.

jaylop97

Staff member
Man the Patriots and Chiefs were really putting up a good game, the 3rd and 4th quarters being the most interesting part of the game.

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
Get your NFL Sunday off to an early start right now with the Titans and Chargers across the pond. Monday Night Football will feature two struggling teams as the Giants visit the Falcons.

As my undermanned fantasy team will tell you, the Packers, Raiders, Steelers, and Seahawks have the week off.

44414625_10156783569311263_3573043195451277312_o.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent.ffsd1-1.jpg

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
Alright Washington, I'm glad we won today, but please, no more close games like that.

Road to Gotham

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
Wake up with football on NFL Network. It's 1:30 p.m. in jolly ol' England as the Eagles and Jaguars are set to kickoff!

44932817_10156800697406263_812825708979027968_o.jpg?_nc_cat=1&_nc_ht=scontent.ffsd1-1.jpg

jaylop97

Staff member
All I have to say about right now it's that the competition is really getting fierce, the NFC North and East both being too divisions where their bottom 3 teams are really close to each other, along with the AFC North.

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
It's week 17 and very little is completely set in stone. The top seeds and wild card spots are still up for grabs as we close in on the fourth quarter of today's early games.

49203337_10156971119221263_8137237277995696128_n.jpg

jaylop97

Staff member
I have to say this was one of my favorite last regular season NFL days in the last few years.

The Browns vs Ravens game was one of the Browns best games in years, I feel sorry that they got knocked out of Playoff contention a while ago, they sure did came back from their disastrous 2017 year standing. Those last plays of the Browns were pretty good, I was impressed with several catches being accepted, it's moments like those that really sold the game for me, too bad their last play was their undoing, maybe a Field Goal would have been the better way to go, then again it might not have considering it was 57 yards.

Other than that, I was pleased with Dallas as well, the Giants were very formidable in their game, just like how the Giants were with the Colts as well, still Dallas pulled through in this one.

Detroit also had a great game, one that made up for their last few games being a wreck for the team. The Packers just couldn't keep up with the hidden gem known as the Lions.

Road to Gotham

Disappointing season for my Vikings. 8-7-1.
The OL should be their top priority.

GO CHIEFS!
Please AFC teams don't let the Patriots play in another SB. America has suffer enough watching them.

8 Teams are looking for new Head Coaches.
BROWNS.
PACKERS.
BUCS.
JETS.
CARDINALS.
DOLPHINS.
BENGALS.
BRONCOS.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts