NFL 17 "Regular Season" Talkback

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
We are at or approaching half-time of Week 11 Sunday! The Panthers, Colts, Jets and 49ers have the week off with the Buccaneers and Dolphins continuing their 16 uninterrupted game season against each other after Hurricane Irma forced the postponement of their week 1 matchup.

Earlier this week, the Steelers beat the Titans 40-17 on Thursday Night Football. Tonight will feature an NFC East face-off with the Eagles visiting the Cowboys and Monday Night Football will feature a bird battle with the Falcons going to Seattle to take on the Seahawks.
WEEK 11

jaylop97

Staff member
I was impressed with Houstons comeback at the 4th quarter against Arizona and Detroits victory against the Bears who were really close in tieing with them.

Road to Gotham

Vikings look really good against the Rams.
Hopefully they can carry that over to the Thanksgiving Game vs The Lions.

I see Denver fired their OC and The Raider fired their DC, just in time for their match up on Sunday.

jaylop97

Staff member
Those cowboys are sure a mess right now, without Zeke they are really doing bad both defensively and offensively.

The Lions made a really good comeback in the second half of the game, they were really close on winning this game but of course the Vikings were really tough.

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
We're starting the second quarter on this Week 13 Sunday. There are no more byes as we head into the final stretch before the playoffs. Eli Manning will be on a bye week of sorts as his consecutive starts streak will end with Geno Smith being given the start for the Giants against the Raiders.

Tonight, it's another bird battle with the Eagles visiting the Seahawks. Any rowdy friends you may assemble will see the AFC North-leading Steelers face the Bengals.
WEEK 13

jaylop97

Staff member
For the first time this season the Lions loose really badly, they made a good comeback in the second quarter but that barely did much compared to the high offense the Ravens threw.

Road to Gotham

Giants finally fired their Head Coach and General Manger.
Seems Manning will be starting again for them.

Case Kennum for MVP? Probably not but He has been steady for a couple of months now.

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
"...Sunday Night about to happen!"

WEEK 14
Sunday, December 10, 2017
bal.gif
@
pit.gif
, 8:30 PM

jaylop97

Staff member
Poor Vikings they had a good streak of wins but the Panther's gave them a run for their money.

jaylop97

Staff member
I really feel bad for poor Derek Carr he was so close to making a touchdown in the last few seconds of the game but instead made a touchback which ended badly for the poor Raiders, they were really close here.

Road to Gotham

I really DISLIKE how the NFL is mircomanaging what is or is not a catch.
I thought the Steelers were robbed but by the rule it was the correct call.

Rogers was unable to save the Packers season so he was put back on IR.

CONGRATULATIONS to the Vikings for winning the NFC NORTH. :cool:
Also see to nice Teddy Bridgewater come in for mop up duty. :)

jaylop97

Staff member
The Vikings sure did give the Packers a rough one today, though in the cold both teams did have it rough.

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
After Saturday's editions of Thursday Night Football and Sunday Night Football, week 16 continues right now. The NFC South is very much on the line with division-leading Saints hosting the Falcons and the Panthers clinching a spot with a win over Tampa Bay.

Christmas Day will see another "Thursday Night" game in the afternoon as well as the season finale of Monday Night Football.
WEEK 16
Saturday, December 23, 2017
BAL 23, IND 16
min.gif
gnb.gif

jaylop97

Staff member
It's a shame both Dallas and Detroit didn't win their games, I would have rather seen Dallas over Seattle in the hunt still, but again, with Ezekiel Elliot I thought things would have been better for Dallas well too bad they weren't, maybe next year they could be better.

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
Ring in the new year with the final week of the NFL regular season! Playoff spots, division titles, first round byes and home field advantage are all on the line today in advance of Wild Card Weekend.

Monday Night Football finished the season last week. The NFL opted against a Sunday Night Football game as it felt it could not schedule a game that would be guaranteed to still have playoff implications at the start of the evening.

WEEK 17
Sunday, December 31, 2017
Green Bay @ Detroit (1 p.m., FOX)
Houston @ Indianapolis (1 p.m., CBS)
Chicago @ Minnesota (1 p.m., FOX)
New York Jets @ New England (1 p.m., CBS)
Washington @ New York Giants (1 p.m., FOX)
Dallas @ Philadelphia (1 p.m., FOX)
Cleveland @ Pittsburgh (1 p.m., CBS)

Carolina @ Atlanta (4:25 p.m., FOX)
Cincinnati @ Baltimore (4:25 p.m., CBS)
Kansas City @ Denver (4:25 p.m., CBS)
Oakland @ Los Angeles Chargers (4:25 p.m., CBS)
San Francisco @ Los Angeles Rams (4:25 p.m., FOX)
Buffalo @ Miami (4:25 p.m., CBS)
Arizona @ Seattle (4:25 p.m., FOX)
New Orleans @ Tampa Bay (4:25 p.m., FOX)
Jacksonville @ Tennessee (4:25 p.m., CBS)

jaylop97

Staff member
The Ravens sure did see a downer ending this year, I was honestly thinking they would win based on the last few minutes but Cincinnati sure did take the win.

Other than that too bad Dallas and Detroit both won this time but last week lost their games, while Seattle was the opposite situation.

Overall the way the year ended in the NFL sure was close so many teams ended at 9-7 and not too many really made it above that. Oh and we can't forget how Cleveland was the second 0-16 team in the NFL history.

Road to Gotham

Teams looking for new Head Coaches: Giants, Raiders, Cardinals, Lions, Bears, and Colts.
The HOT Rumor is that Jon Gruden will leave MNF for the Raiders.

Bengals resign Marvin Lewis to a 2-year contract. :rolleyes:

Wild Card Weekend.
GO CHIEFS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Starting next month, I will be going back to using Magical Doremi profile pics for a while, because I want to honor the first magical girl series I ever watched.
Streaker Prower wrote on Vuxovich's profile.
What would happen if FUNimation did continue to use Ocean Media for Dragon Ball Z And Probably the Original Dragon Ball, GT, Kai, Super and the Video Games

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now

Featured Posts