New Wolverine and Daredevil Video Games On The Way?

brodie999

While Disney and Sony has made quite the best out of their relationship by licensing more characters like Iron Man and the Avengers to Sony and allowing more Spider-Verse characters to appear in the MCU, they clearly want to expand their partnership with the possibility of a Daredevil and Wolverine game on next-gen consoles quite feasible.

The alleged Daredevil game is stated to be open-world and set in "modern-day Chicago" with a "noir-style detective game" vibe.

However, the Wolverine game which is in early development is stated to be more linear and not open-worded. The leaker compared it to how players progressed through God of War(2018).

Freddy

I always though that Daredevil could make a fun Assassin's Creed inspired game with some Telltale/Detroit: Become Human - style courtroom scenes... but I really don't know how you would tackle his blindess. It's too important part of the character to be left out, but giving the entire game a "radar sense filter" might not be too fun, yet simply making it a detective vision copy could be pretty lame too.

A new Wolverine game I could take or leave. The game that was based on X-Men Origins: Wolverine pretty much already filled the niche for a great Wolverine solo game and he has been almost a constant presence in various Marvel games over the years, so it would be cooler to see some other character get their gaming due. Then again, it's not like I was hungry for more Spider-Man games before the ps4 one, and that quickly became the best Marvel game of all-time, so I'm willing to give this a fair shot.

Nevertheless, after years of just cheaply made mobile games and the like, it's feels so good to see Marvel embrace video games again.

brodie999

I always though that Daredevil could make a fun Assassin's Creed inspired game with some Telltale/Detroit: Become Human - style courtroom scenes... but I really don't know how you would tackle his blindess. It's too important part of the character to be left out, but giving the entire game a "radar sense filter" might not be too fun, yet simply making it a detective vision copy could be pretty lame too.

A new Wolverine game I could take or leave. The game that was based on X-Men Origins: Wolverine pretty much already filled the niche for a great Wolverine solo game and he has been almost a constant presence in various Marvel games over the years, so it would be cooler to see some other character get their gaming due. Then again, it's not like I was hungry for more Spider-Man games before the ps4 one, and that quickly became the best Marvel game of all-time, so I'm willing to give this a fair shot.

Nevertheless, after years of just cheaply made mobile games and the like, it's feels so good to see Marvel embrace video games again.
I agree. Marvel's Spider-Man was the greatest video game made by Marvel since ever. Considering Square Enix has received critical positive reception with Kingdom Hearts, there's no doubt they'll pull it off again with the new Avengers game. Not to mention, Iron Man VR could be a smash hit as well. If Insomniac Games and/or SIE Santa Monica Studio are behind the Daredevil and Wolverine games, then the same is to be expected for them.

More console Marvel games especially ones focused on individual characters are always welcome. Most of the ones released in the last couple years of have either been mobile, VR or games with the various heroes teaming up such as Lego, Marvel vs Capcom, Ultimate Alliance, etc. I find myself enjoying the ones like Thor God of Thunder, Captain America Super Soldier, Deadpool and various Spider-Man titles much more.

I know it's probably different continuities but it would be cool if they got Charlie Cox to reprise the Daredevil role. I wonder if they'll go with Steve Blum for Wolverine or pick someone new.

ShadowBlinky

They can simply make a game of this guy:
1590206919971.png
;)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts