Latest News & Videos

Peter Paltridge

Out To Lunch
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
We continue to be amazed that these trailers for The Mandalorian are showing us clips from a TV series and not a movie. Until now, TV adaptions of Lucasfilm properties have mostly been animated, due to the expense involved with setting up alien worlds and large conflicts…and when they haven’t been animated, they’ve been the Star Wars Holiday Special.

The good side to the brutal and bloodthirsty arms race that’s about to commence for America’s streaming dollars is that it’s forcing content makers to throw some serious cash into things they would never have made for the networks. I don’t want to think about how bad this would have looked on a broadcast budget, peppered with ads for phones and that Flo woman every eight minutes. We live in more blessed times now.
The Mandalorian has a crew, and until now, we hadn’t seen much of them. There’s Kara Dune, a former Rebel soldier turned merc, played by Gina Carano. There’s IG-11, the assassin droid voiced by Taika Waititi. Pedro...
Continue reading...