New ThunderCats film in the works.

AdrenalineRush1996

I think Vin Diesel or Ving Rhames would be better as Panthro.
As much as I like both, I rather have someone else voicing Panthro instead.
Given their stellar work on films like Avatar, the Planet of the Apes Trilogy, Thanos in Avengers to name but a few, WETA should be the ones to do the CGI for a ThunderCats movie.
Well, we don't know if this film is going to utilise motion capture.

Last edited:

Pooky

Not to be a killjoy, but I think it's worth taking a look at Adam Wingard's filmography since his breakthorugh with You're Next:
. The Guest
. Blair Witch
. Death Note
. Godzilla Vs Kong
. Face/Off Sequel (announced)
. Thundercats (announced)

So one more original film and then a career of trying to chase success with "known IP"; modern Hollywood in a nutshell. Maybe it's what he wants and the films aren't bad per say, but it seems like something we see a lot.

DBTrilogy100

I am glad to see that Warner Brothers hasn't given up on the ThunderCats Franchise and is still willing to give it a chance. Reboots and adaptations come with the tricky situation of being deemed either too much like the source material or being too different from the source material by different viewers. On one hand, I can understand the concerns of straying too far from the source material to the point where it can feel like trying to fit a square item in a round peg. On the other hand, I can also understand the concerns of being too much like the source material to the point of feeling redundant and the concerns about how restricting the toy box to a single playground can be limiting for a franchise. I feel that the ThunderCats Franchise is at a disadvantage compared to its contemporaries (TMNT, He-Man, Transformers, etc.) and other franchises (such as Batman and Spider-Man) because it had less adaptations when compared to other franchises which makes it trickier to determine what exactly is the "spirit" of ThunderCats. Based on the limited versions of the franchise, I would be inclined to consider embracing the "Fantasy Kitchen Sink" trope (different concepts such as aliens, magic, science-fiction, various myths & supernatural phenomenon co-existing) to be the "spirit" of ThunderCats for the time being. Regardless of my personal feelings on the adaptations and the execution of their concepts, I do feel the 2011 Series and Roar embraced the "Fantasy Kitchen Sink" trope while presenting it in a different manner (one serious and one silly). Seeing other franchises that have adaptations that run the gauntlet of having relatively sillier atmospheres and relatively more serious atmospheres (such as the Adam West TV Series and the Chris Nolan Movie Trilogy of the Batman Franchise) probably contributes to why I feel different atmospheres for different adaptations aren't inherently a bad thing for franchises.

Overall, I am willing to give the movie a chance before coming to any conclusions about it and will be curious to see what concepts/changes it might bring for the franchise (and/or what concepts from previous adaptations it may be willing to utilize).

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Ordered a drawing board and wooden ruler off Amazon. My Dad's bringing them over on Friday. Itching to try them both. The artwork in The Un-Iverse is about to get a LOT straighter!
Since it will be my birthday in 2 days' time, I've decided to virtually slice my profile picture as a birthday cake and give 12 slices, one is kept to me, one to Bloo and 10 slices to my favorite AS members.
I've been playing a ton of "Pac-Man 99" on the Nintendo Switch lately. Still can't seem to get above Rank #30 in a match....

EDIT: And yes, I'm enjoying it more than "Super Mario Bros. 35".
I just love the reactions to this comment, with some people playing along and others being like "Wait, what?"

I'm one of those Star Wars fans that never hated the Prequel Trilogy and felt it got more hate than it deserved. It wasn't perfect but neither was the Original Trilogy and I felt it did have its strengths.

Featured Posts