"Star Trek: Prodigy" News & Discussion Thread

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
You really are being ignorant and continuing to insult Trekkies who love Enterprise by saying that they're not Trekkies if they love them. That's like insulting Star Wars fans who love the Disney era by saying they're not Star Wars fans if they love them.

Picard Man is right. There's no reason to attack these fans. I don't care whatever you say, it still isn't right to antagonise fans who love them and forcing your opinions on how much you despise them to those who love them.

I don't think it makes sense to so do now.

In your opinion, that is. You can't force your opinion to others.

Not to mention that it's not right for you to attack people over liking stuff you don't like. You don't like Enterprise, fine but you don't need to force your opinions who like them and continue saying so and so, just to grind their gears.

Why don't you get over it and admit that you're in the wrong for attacking and insulting fans who like Enterprise? Since I'm done with your stuff for good and I want to move on from it.
Wow, you REALLY seem to be taking my opinions personally. I can tell you that I am aware my opinion is unusual for most Trekkies and let you know that you should feel free to disregard it. But damn, it's just an internet opinion. You shouldn't take it so hard. If you don't feel like my criticism of Trekkies applies to you personally, you are probably right.

I'm not trying to force my opinion on anyone else. Mostly because I know most people don't share it. But I also am not going to apologize for it because it's just a freaking opinion. I don't actually know more about the world than anyone else. I am just as small and insignificant as everyone else on Earth.

I also want to let you know personally, AdrenalineRush1996, that I did not mean to offend you simply because I almost always love your posts. And maybe I was being a little insensitive about you liking Enterprise because I DO love your posts and thought it would be fun to get into a little internet tussle. But you clearly take this more seriously than I do, which means I made a mistake. I am not going to apologize for what I posted. But I am going to apologize to you as a person. You're an awesome poster and one of the last people on Anime Superhero I ever wanted to offended.

I'm not sorry for my opinion or for posting it. But I'm sorry I hurt you. I will be more careful about that in the future.

Nice gatekeeping, dude.
LOL! Oh my God! I love this post! :) This was the precise reaction I was hoping to provoke. But again, the world (and Trekdom) don't seem to work the way I think it should. :D

EDIT:

Okay, just so there are no hard feelings for anyone involved, I'll list an embarrassing property I like that is worse than Enterprise.

I love Hello Kitty. I don't watch the cartoons or go to conventions or anything creepy like that, but I find the character design both cute and hilarious. I own stuffed animals and calendars because I find it so funny.

Here is how I want my next Enterprise debate on this board to go.

Me: "Wow, Enterprise is dumb and its fans don't speak well for Star Trek."

Everyone else: "Says the grown man who loves Hello Kitty."

Last edited by a moderator:

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Do you think the ST parody show-within-a-show on TMNT 2012 was a harbinger of things to come?

Also I'd like an anime style for this series to help indicate this is a serious cartoon.

dumbfoolkid5

It will feel kind of weird because of how culturally Western the show is. Star Trek doesn't feel remotely Japanese.
And what about that Star Wars short? Or Batman Gotham Knight? Or Batman Ninja?
I like to see Star Trek get the same treatment.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Considering Star Trek has literally only had a single animation interpretation before this, wanting an anime style is putting the cart before the horse.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
And what about that Star Wars short? Or Batman Gotham Knight? Or Batman Ninja?
I like to see Star Trek get the same treatment.

Those series have Japanese media influences as Star Wars was influenced by samurai movies and Batman has fought a lot of ninjas in the comics. Star Trek is a different animal.

dumbfoolkid5

No, like an action cartoon like the stuff WB did with JLU and Young Justice.
As nice as those shows were, anime has a certain charm to it. A certain style that can be beautiful. And I would love to see Star Trek in that style.

And for the record I would love a Japanese anime version of the Justice League. Like X Men.

Last edited by a moderator:

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
My personal theory is that I'm 70% sure it will be CGI al la Clone Wars.

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
CGI is relatively cheaper, so I wouldn't bet against it.

That and most action cartoons this decade seem to use it (Miraculous Ladybug, the various Star Wars toons, Transformers Prime, TMNT 2012). Hand drawn animated action cartoons seem to be mainly comedic ones like Ultimate Spider-Man or something.

dumbfoolkid5

CGI maybe cheaper to produce, but Japanese anime will always have that style that shows that hand drawn isn't dead yet.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts