New "Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?" Animated Series will feature DC Comics Superheroes as Guest-Stars

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
A new Scooby-Doo animated series was officially announced today, "Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?", which will feature a lot of guest-stars... including Batman, Flash, Wonder Woman and possibly more DC Comics Superheroes! It will premiere in 2019.

The Mystery Inc. gang welcomes new members in the all-new series, Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?. From Warner Bros. Animation, Scooby-Doo and Guess Who? follows the grand tradition of Scooby-Doo team-ups and takes the idea to hilarious new heights.
Faced with some of their toughest mysteries yet, Fred, Daphne, Velma, Shaggy and Scooby-Doo will join forces with some of the biggest names in celebrity and pop culture including NBA superstar Chris Paul, recording artists Halsey and Sia, Ricky Gervais, Kenan Thompson, Bill Nye, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Mark Hamill, Steve Urkel (voiced by Jaleel White reprising his iconic role) Batman, Sherlock Holmes, The Flash, Wonder Woman and many more!
Scooby-Doo and Guess Who? is produced by Warner Bros. Animation. Chris Bailey (Kim Possible) serves as producer with Sam Register (Teen Titans Go!) as executive producer. The series premieres in 2019.
Comments?

NOTE: This thread should only focus on the DC Comics Superheroes the show will feature. Discuss and speculate which heroes you would like to see, in what stories, and other related things.

For more discussion on the series as a whole, please use this thread:
"Scooby-Doo and Guess Who?" News & Discussion Thread

Reactions: 3 people

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
The way they mentioned Mark Hamill as a guest-star makes me think they'll try something similar to that Justice League Action webisode featuring him.

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
I imagine there are plenty of real-life celebrities they might want to promote, but hopefully there will be a nice amount of DC characters guest-starring on this show. I presume there will be 26 episodes for the show (and it will probably get renewed along the way), so I'd say 4-5 episodes with DC Comics related stuff in them sounds plausible, but naturally I'd wish there will be more.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
The way they mentioned Mark Hamill as a guest-star makes me think they'll try something similar to that Justice League Action webisode featuring him.
So now we've moved on from "TV's Adam West" to "Famous Actor" Mark Hamill :D.
For Wonder Woman, they'd probably just get Grey DeLisle Griffin to voice her again. Flash could be James Arnold Taylor or Josh Keaton. As I said in the main thread, I am hyped.
I thought about Grey DeLisle-Griffin voicing Diana in this, but I feel like that would take away from the guest star element so I think they'll give her a different VA.

I wouldn't be surprised if Charlie Schlattler voices The Flash.
They should cross over the Arrowverse incarnations of Green Arrow, The Flash, etc. using even the same actors.
I just want to hear Stephen Amell say "Shaggy, Scooby, you have failed this mystery" :p

Reactions: 1 person

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California

Rachel Kimsey teased about being on a new season of Boomerang. When I asked if it was Scooby Doo, she should she'd just tease for now. I'm pretty sure this implies that she'll reprise Wonder Woman.
I thought it was possible that Kimsey might be play Wonder Woman in this ;).

I wonder if we'll see Diana and Batman in their JLA designs :cool:?

WebMasterSage

Obey the Pecking Order.
Jun 17, 2015
I thought it was possible that Kimsey might be play Wonder Woman in this ;).

I wonder if we'll see Diana and Batman in their JLA designs :cool:?
It's likely Be Cool Scooby-Doo.

Also who wants to bet Frank Welker would voice Killer Moth for the Batman episode with Kevin Conroy? I mean given how much a Vocal Range Frank has, it would be pretty cool to make it happen.

Reactions: Frontier

the_joker

Mar 23, 2009
This is an unexpected surprise, and I'm surprised that something like this wasn't made sooner since there are a number of Scooby-Doo and Batman stories in the past. And it won't just be DC heroes as guest stars, so that makes me wonder who else the show will bring in.

Count me as another curious one.

Reactions: 1 person

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Mar 8, 2009
A Valid Location
Thinking about it some more, this is like the third version of Batman Scooby has teamed up with in animation. If Kimsey is indeed voicing Wonder Woman, it would be cool they're doing some sort of continuation to Justice League Action, possibly all 3 DC heroes mentioned in these initial details will appear in the same episode.

If they're looking for other continuities to cross-over with (since I don't think there would be any restrictions or anything), I'd love to see more from the Brave and the Bold version of Aquaman. :p

Reactions: Frontier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Any news about the "Magia Record" anime?
Please stop blaming "Teen Titans Go!" for any cancelation of a Cartoon Network show.
Why did SDCC have to happen during the same weekend as Vinesauce Is Hope?
With how widespread the Joy-Con analog drift issue is, I'm honestly surprised I haven't had that issue yet. I've had my console for almost two years.
Is Nick doing anything for SDCC