New Rocky and Bullwinkle Series for Amazon Prime

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Seems my mini-review was deleted in the Great Post Purge, but I finally got to watch all the episodes, and it was SUCH a fun and proper revival of the characters. Hopefully season 2's not far away!
Also, I wouldn't have been ready if they put a little dedication to June or anyone else in the credits, so not doing it might have been a wise move.

Troy Troodon

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I don't know if there'll be a another season, and even if there is I think they already recorded Rachel's lines. Though if they were to re-cast Natasha who do you have in mind?
They'd probably delay the season to have a different actress rerecord over Rachel. It's not uncommon for Amazon shows to have long hiatuses between seasons (look at Niko And The Sword Of Light, The Stinky And Dirty Show, and If You Give A Mouse A Cookie, for a few examples). As for who could replace her, I'm thinking maybe Laura Bailey, Rachael MacFarlane, or Kari Wahlgren, to give a few examples.

Last edited:

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I guess I'll give it a fair shake, only because S1 wasn't that bad, just not my cup of tea like certain other shows have been, IMHO. However, I gotta ask how successful this show truly is - I mean, save for here, I don't see a lot of people talking about it / overlooking it, which kinda sucks...

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
I guess I'll give it a fair shake, only because S1 wasn't that bad, just not my cup of tea like certain other shows have been, IMHO. However, I gotta ask how successful this show truly is - I mean, save for here, I don't see a lot of people talking about it / overlooking it, which kinda sucks...
It hasn't gotten the hottest reception from critics but on Tumblr and Deviantart it's gotten a decent reception. I hope I can see the new episodes very soon! Don't want to be spoiled again...

Last edited by a moderator:

Special_Potato

The Hub fan
I ended up watching the first season yesterday, and finished it today. Honestly, asides from how fast of a pacing the show is, it definitely has grown on me. I think the wacky and convoluted side plots are genuinely funny. I can't wait for season 2.

Dudley

Staff member
Huh, Scott Fellows of Johnny Test and Supernoobs worked on this.
While fun, I noticed the show had a sense of “obnoxious” to it, like his past shows.

Special_Potato

The Hub fan
While fun, I noticed the show had a sense of “obnoxious” to it, like his past shows.
How do you mean? I've seen some of his shows, aside from Johnny Test because, truthfully, it was poorly written (in my opinion).

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
The tone is more akin to early Fairly OddParents, which he worked on, and has much of the same voice cast. Though as mentioned, Scott is an executive producer while the show's developers worked on the 2015 Mr . Peabody And Sherman Show.

Red Arrow

ça va nog wel
Prime Video
"We couldn't find anything matching "rocky bullwinkle"."

I don't understand why this still isn't available on Prime Video in Europe :( I have seen the previews on DreamWorks' YouTube channel and it looks much better than Mr. Peabody and Sherman. Heck, it almost looks like Sheep in the Big City season 3.

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Anyway is there any news of the show coming back for a second season or is that it for the reboot. I can't find much if anything about if the show has been cancelled or not

Amazon shows are generally known for long hiatuses. For example, the first season of The Stinky And Dirty Show came out September 2, 2016. The second came out on November 23, 2017, over 14 months later. Niko And The Sword Of Light season 1 came out on July 21, 2017, while season 2 came out December 28, 2018, over 17 months later. I assume this is just a long hiatus.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts