New Rainbow Brite and Care Bears series coming to Netflix and Feeln

ShadowGUN

YES!YES!YES!
rainbow_brite_screengrab_a_l.jpg

Surprise I didn't saw a thread about this. So yeah Rainbow Brite and Care Bears are coming back on streaming services only. I wonder if successful others will follow? Wouldn't mind seeing a new Ghostbusters series. So what do you guys think about this news?

Edit- Rainbow Brite trailer. Not sure about Rainbow voice but the animation does look nice.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Rainbow Brite and Care Bears are both owned by American Greetings; the Ghostbusters are not.

Ms. Brite looks like a webcomic character. They're clearly taken cues from MLP:FIM to "sass" her up.

ShadowGUN

YES!YES!YES!
Rainbow Brite and Care Bears are both owned by American Greetings; the Ghostbusters are not.

Ms. Brite looks like a webcomic character. They're clearly taken cues from MLP:FIM to "sass" her up.

I know that. I was referring at reviving a 80's series like Ghostbusters on a streaming service like they are doing with these shows.

honorableninja

what intrest me about the care bears reboot it that the cousins are finally making a comeback braveheart and his clan havent been see since the original nelvana series all the cgi movies and last two reboots only staring the bears.

zoombie

Well MLP:FiM brought back Tirac, now will the Care Bears follow suit and bring back No Heart and Professor Coldheart. Though you have to tone down some of Professor Coldheart's antics since some had a bit of petifile inuwendos. Be awesome to see No Heart and Professor Coldheart co excist in the same universe so once and a while they could team up.

These series probably would have been on Hub Network if it didn't fold.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Just avoid any forced morals and we'll be golden! This animation is a bit stiff at first, but it looks promising otherwise...

Goldstar!

Just a tad spicy
The Care Bear Cousins are back? I honestly thought that American Greetings was done with those characters for good. I suppose that's good news for their fans, even though the Cousins' presence never made much sense when you try to approach it logically.

Also, for those who watched Welcome to Care-A-Lot and are keen observers, did you notice that Harmony Bear wasn't shown in that publicity picture? could she have been bumped in order to make room for the Cousins?

Regarding Rainbow Brite: I actually like Rainbow's more zany looking "toon" re-design. It leads me to believe that this new series will be more comedic than it's predecessor.

Silverstar

Jet Flyin', Limousine Ridin'
Well MLP:FiM brought back Tirac, now will the Care Bears and bring back No Heart and Professor Coldheart.

According to this article, the series looks to be a continuation of Welcome to Care-A-Lot, so I'm guessing no Big Bads. It's looking like it'll just be Beastly like before.

These series probably would have been on Hub Network if it didn't fold.

And if their slack-jawed, chaotic mismanagement hadn't gotten the series canceled before that.

Undrave

Forever Burning Heart!
Saw the Rainbow Brite trailer.

AUGH! This has "How can we get some of that Brony money in our pocket?" written ALL OVER IT! It doesn't feel genuine. It's like a self-referential parody of itself constantly winking at the audience going "Aren't we WACKY?".

Gah! Where's the heart?!

zoombie

Well kind of off topic but with a movie coming out, and a comic book adaption, I think it is only a mater of time before we see a new Jem and the Holograms cartoon.

Undrave

Forever Burning Heart!
Well kind of off topic but with a movie coming out, and a comic book adaption, I think it is only a mater of time before we see a new Jem and the Holograms cartoon.

Hopefully one that remembers that Jem is basically a superhero story where she plays music instead of punching bad guys.
The movie is gonna be so terrible. IDW though, I can trust with any property!

Goldstar!

Just a tad spicy
Saw the Rainbow Brite trailer.

AUGH! This has "How can we get some of that Brony money in our pocket?" written ALL OVER IT! It doesn't feel genuine. It's like a self-referential parody of itself constantly winking at the audience going "Aren't we WACKY?".

Gah! Where's the heart?!

Yeah, there was a definite "Let's be like MLP: Friendship is Magic!" vibe going on there, although to be fair, the 1980s Rainbow Brite, despite the impressive character designs, was always pretty bland character-wise. I once read the "Who's Who" RB coloring book in the 80s and some of the Color Kids had some potentially interesting personalities on paper, but we saw almost none of that on TV. If the shows' writers can make Rainbow Brite into an interesting, funny character, then I'd be willing to give this a shot.

"Self parody"? You sounded like Mandouga for a minute there. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dudley

Staff member
I've seen this in other articles, and it mentions the Rainbow Brite series will head to Feeln.com, not Netflix.

ILDC

I've seen this in other articles, and it mentions the Rainbow Brite series will head to Feeln.com, not Netflix.
Which turns out is owned by Hallmark. Guess they wanted to give their own unknown streaming service a publicity boost.

DeanBurrito25

For a company that calls itself "Feeln", I'm really not Feeln that trailer. (I'll see myself out.)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts