"New Mutants" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The poster feels really familiar. It kind of reminds me of the promotional stuff for that one recent survival horror game.
12/9: The first one reminded me of Frighteners with Michael J Fox. The second one this week, of course, Highway to Hell nod.

12/11: Teaser posted on Twitter account features Rahne.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
The Evil Within 2 was the recent game I was thinking of but yeah, it's pretty familiar imagery.

c86d4ed3b02b3c306cff64503fc9de52.jpg

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
That...seems like a pretty drastic jump for one movie (especially given how much of it is already done at this point) :sweat:.

I guess the execs must have really not been happy with what they had already finished o_O.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
The trades are also claiming they wanted to avoid a marketing overlap with Deadpool 2 but geez, got anything earlier, this isn't like trying to schedule a doctor's appointment!

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
I'd at least think October, for the Halloween push. February has been pretty good to Fox but I don't know about this. Something is up.

It's kind of funny that we've seen a trailer and all of the online promotion while movies going to roll out soon haven't started promoting yet.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
Thinking about it, maybe with the Marvel deal in the back burner and some negative feelings of the test screenings made FOX realize "i think our efforts into trying to make this a more cheap, rushed out product aren't going to work so we should probably retool this for maximum profit and attention." Especially since nowadays, movies kind of live on having to be generally enjoyed by both critics AND audiences and aren't going to pass by on name recognition or solid word of mouth from just one facet. Thus things are probably tested more for how they'll do with both factions and to be honest the original production of New Mutants did feel rather rushed as it was a movie who filmed far later then any of the 2018 super hero films but finished before a lot of them. I have a feeling the 10 month gap is going to be going in and probably redoing a huge portion of the movie to make it scarier and flashing a whole lot more money then was probably used before. Since at this point, Marvel Disney has won the super hero game. DC admitted they're going to push forward with they're own thing and Disney just bought out most of the rest of they're compettition so yeah name of the game here is quality products you can sell to the most people. So if this can be remade to sell better then I'm sure that's what the team is doing.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
After reading her comment, I now believe the rumor about early test screenings not going well. But yeah, if a delay is in order to fix a movie, then it should be done.

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
I'm guessing they don't want to put forth the idea there are major reshoots being done due to the huge negative backlash of films like Suicide Squad and Justice League that also went through heavy reshoots and severe re-editing after they're initial filming. Since yeah all major movies have reshoots but usually just pick up shots or to add a scene or two that may be needed for the final film (heck part of me for instance thinks the Deadpool 2 reshoots are to add in more topical humor to that movie. I mean they obviously did that with the Deadpool Meet trailer to add in jokes with Toy Story now that FOX is under Disney and Justice League's trouble so not like they aren't above making fun of that sort of current thing) but obviously a lot of backlash and sour perception really hurt those DCEU films which FOX wouldn't want for New Mutants. Again I am hoping though they are doing reshoots in some form to pump up the horror and darker imagery of New Mutants since yeah you do need time in post production but... you don't just delay a movie 10 months just for something like that so hope there is more to it they just don't feel like telling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts