"New Mutants" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the greenman

I do like that logo. Kinda what the comics would do anyway. They always experimented with the logos or the other coverart page graphics. I don't remember what comic it was, but they had the coverart torn and the 1st page showing.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
I was complaining why it took so long for this to get filmed but if it wrapped in less then two months guess that answers why. Though if it's suppose to be more horror/psychological themed then that would be fine explaining the short running time. And IMHO that can work especially since it seems that FOX is taking the lesson from stuff like Deadpool and Logan that if they want to survive and make successful comic book movies that net major profit and acclaim they have to do the things and stories regular MCU couldn't touch. And yeah in the MCU you couldn't have one of the big tentpoles have a huge horror focus never mind an R rated one but obviously FOX has different standards when it comes to that.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
9 /20: Fox CEO Snider describes movie, "New Mutants is about these teenagers who are just coming into their powers. It’s like watching mutants go through adolescence and they have no impulse control, so they’re dangerous. The only solution is to put them in a Breakfast Club detention/Cuckoo’s Nest institutional setting. It protects the people on the outside, but it’s strange and combustible inside. The genre is like a haunted-house movie with a bunch of hormonal teenagers. We haven’t seen it as a superhero movie whose genre is more like The Shining than ‘we’re teenagers let’s save the world"

10 /10: Anna-Joy confirms New Mutants will be darker than the other X-Men movies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
That would be a pretty mean feat after Logan...
Dark comes in many shades. ;) But I took it as, "Hey I'm not supposed to promote this movie yet so I'm giving you the lawyer-instructed vague answer." :p

Greg91

Reporter
So... the trailer's up.

It looks like a straight-up horror movie so I'm sure this will be darker than Logan. I thought they were just going to use some horror elements but if it's a full-on horror movie with powered teenagers, I'm out. I don't do horror. Something like 10 Cloverfield Lane is as far as I go.

If Venom is like this, I guess I won't be watching a couple of the superhero movies next year. Hopefully other people will like this, but I was hoping for a slightly darker First Class style thriller movie.

the greenman

Well, they successfully did make this a horror film. It looks like the horror elements are coming from the other mutants. We'll see how things pan out. If this is a true adaptation of Demon Bear Saga, this just might be 'R' rated. If they're smart they shot stuff for an 'R'/unrated cut, but will release it PG 13 to get more kids in.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I'm really happy with the trailer. They're expanding the cinematic universe into the horror genre and not just making another safe X-Men spin off movie. After watching it, makes total sense they wanted to release the first teaser trailer around October 13. I know of Ann-Joy from The Witch and Braga most recently from Queen of the South. A lot of concerns about how the movie will turn out went out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts