“Muppets Now” News & Discussion Thread

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter

Light Lucario

Staff member
That's pretty cool news. I wasn't sure if we'd get another Muppet series aside from the upcoming Muppet Babies reboot anytime soon. I don't think that the previous Muppet series did all that well ratings wise, so maybe this new series will perform better on their new streaming service.

M622

Cool. Hope their simply going back to basics and just do a Muppet show reboot, considering their doing that for Babies. The 2015 show's Crudeness may have put off some pepole, thinking that their turning it into another family guy or some sort of live action conterpart.

Wonderwall

Staff member
I'm good without seeing the Muppets again for...a long time. I had no idea there was a new Muppet Babies. I'm so out of the loop

jaylop97

Staff member
Interesting they are making another one after Muppet Babies. Hope Disney does a good job on spreading awareness to the app before the show begins.

Mandouga

The Muppets Take Manhattan was released in 1984. If this is to take place sometime after that, there can't any kind of...contradictions. We had the internet in the 1980s, but not like we have it today. CDs existed at the time, but weren't quite a thing just yet. There were cell phones, but not like we have them today, and most of them were car phones, which only rich people could afford.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, I hope this show doesn't try to make itself (and as a result, make the movie) look like it takes place in the "present day", but at the same time, I also hope they don't constantly keep trying to remind everyone when the show takes (including, but not limited to, constantly making "80s" jokes). I know this is The Muppets we're talking about, but they're better than that.

On the other hand, why is this show using the logo from the two "reboot" movies (which pretend as though the "Very Muppet Christmas Movie"* never happened)?

*Whose plot involves saving the Muppet Theater.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
The Muppets Take Manhattan was released in 1984. If this is to take place sometime after that, there can't any kind of...contradictions. We had the internet in the 1980s, but not like we have it today. CDs existed at the time, but weren't quite a thing just yet. There were cell phones, but not like we have them today, and most of them were car phones, which only rich people could afford.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, I hope this show doesn't try to make itself (and as a result, make the movie) look like it takes place in the "present day", but at the same time, I also hope they don't constantly keep trying to remind everyone when the show takes (including, but not limited to, constantly making "80s" jokes). I know this is The Muppets we're talking about, but they're better than that.

On the other hand, why is this show using the logo from the two "reboot" movies (which pretend as though the "Very Muppet Christmas Movie"* never happened)?

*Whose plot involves saving the Muppet Theater.
Stop being That Guy. The Muppets are timeless. It will be awesome.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Guess that article from before turned out to be false. It’s a short form series called Muppets Now.

Mandouga

So let me see if I have this right. "The Muppets Live Another Day" is a pilot that was set after The Muppets Take Manhattan. However, instead they will be making "Muppets Now", an "unscripted" series set in the present day (or at least that's what it sounds like to me) that will have celebrity guests, just like The Muppet Show (and by extension, Muppets Tonight*) once had.

In any case, I didn't like the political joke the Twitter post made (you all know what I mean)...

*Apparently, "MuppeTelevision", a segment from The Jim Henson Hour, also had celebrity guests, but I'm not sure.

Light Lucario

Staff member
That's really too bad. I was hoping to see another Muppets TV series, but I can understand how difficult that would have been do with schedule issues.

Zorak Masaki

I still wish they had made that "Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever", where all the budget goes to the opening titles and everything else is done on a shoestring budget. That premise sounded brilliant and it's a shame we'll never see it.

Light Lucario

Staff member
That was a cute fun trailer. Joe from Legal was especially funny. I'm also really glad that Kermit's current performer Matt Vogel will be able to work on a show. I don't think he's been able to do much since he replaced Steve Whitmire a few years ago, so I think that this will give him a chance to do more with the role.

I'm still used to Steve Whitmire's voice for Kermit since that was basically the Kermit I grew up with. But I think Matt Vogel is doing a pretty good job so far. I especially liked his performance of "Rainbow Connection" on the Muppet's YouTube channel a few weeks ago. I love the song and I think it showed that he was starting to make this role his own too. Hopefully this show will be good cute fun. The Muppets have needed more attention for ages too.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts