New Ghost in the Shell coming "SAC_2045" (Netflix Series)

Latest News & Videos

Daikun

Long Live the Fighter!
Staff member
Mar 11, 2005
California, USA
adultswim.toonzone.net
No, not another live-action movie.

Kodansha and Production I.G announced on Friday that a new anime based on Masamune Shirow's Ghost in the Shell manga has been green-lit. Kenji Kamiyama (Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) and Shinji Aramaki (Appleseed) are co-directing the anime. The format and release date have not yet been announced.

Reactions: 1 person

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
www.411mania.com
I'd really just prefer a continuation of Stand Alone Complex after Solid State Society, but we shall see. I'm glad Kamiyama sensei is working on it. IMHO, Stand Alone Complex is still the best version of Ghost in the Shell, and I hope Yoko Kanno does the music.

Egon1982

Oct 21, 2016
I'd really just prefer a continuation of Stand Alone Complex after Solid State Society, but we shall see. I'm glad Kamiyama sensei is working on it. IMHO, Stand Alone Complex is still the best version of Ghost in the Shell, and I hope Yoko Kanno does the music.
And what about the original movie?

Egon1982

Oct 21, 2016
Everyone's mileage is different, but I place Stand Alone Complex above the original movie, which doesn't even have much of a story to begin with.
And you don't think the GITS movie holds a candle to Akira, Ninja Scroll, Ghibli and other anime great movies? or what about to The Matrix?

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
www.411mania.com
And you don't think the GITS movie holds a candle to Akira, Ninja Scroll, Ghibli and other anime great movies? or what about to The Matrix?
The Matrix is not an anime movie. I think Ghost in the Shell is a nice piece of animation. It was groundbreaking and revolutionary for its time. It's very well made and animated. It has some very neat themes and philosophical ideas. But it's not a well executed story. I'm not going to deny that Ghost in the Shell is a classic for the art form. It is. I just think its got a weak story.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Okay this has to be a joke.
Sad news, no more CN EMEA schedules anymore for a while.
The Wayback Machine is closed for a long time.
The Internet: a place where ideology and opinions turn into a street fight.
I know it probably won't happen in the near future, but I wouldn't mind if Universal Kids does air Voltron: Legendary Defender or She-Ra: Princesses of Power... if the channel still exists in the next few years.
I’m liking Amphibia so far. It’s like a combination of Big City Greens and Gravity Falls.