New Disney Channel schedule

Burgundy Ranger

Follower of Power Rangers, especially TV listings
They haven't put it out in chart form, so these will be pieced together from the show-by-show release.

Schedule effective Sept. 6:

WEEKDAYS:
06:00 am The Wiggles
06:30 am Breakfast with Bear
07:30 am Higglytown Heroes
08:00 am Higglytown Heroes
08:30 am JoJo's Circus
09:00 am The Doodlebops
09:30 am Charlie & Lola
09:45 am Stanley
10:00 am The Wiggles
10:30 am The Koala Brothers
11:00 am Movie (Mon); Rolie Polie Olie (Tue-Fri)
11:30 am Movie (Mon); The Doodlebops (Tue-Fri)
12 noon Movie (Mon); Charlie & Lola (Tue-Fri)
12:15 pm Movie (Mon); Stanley (Tue-Fri)
12:30 pm JoJo's Circus
01:00 pm Higglytown Heroes
01:30 pm JoJo's Circus
02:00 pm House of Mouse
02:30 pm Lilo & Stitch
3-5 pm Zack/Cody (Mon); KP (Tue); Lizzie (Wed); Jake (Thu); Raven (Fri)
05:00 pm Kim Possible
05:30 pm The Proud Family
06:00 pm Sister, Sister
06:30 pm Phil of the Future
07:00 pm Raven (Mon-Thu); Zack/Cody (Fri)
07:30 pm That's So Raven
08:00 pm Movie
10:00 pm Sadie (Mon); Jake (Tue); Phil (Wed); Derek* (Wed); Maggie (Thu); Zack/Cody (Fri)
10:30 pm Sister, Sister
11:00 pm That's So Raven
11:30 pm That's So Raven
12 midnite Phil of the Future
12:30 am Kim Possible
01:00 am Lizzie McGuire
01:30 am The Proud Family
02:00 am Boy Meets World
230-430 am Zack/Cody (Mon); KP (Tue); Lizzie (Wed); Jake (Thu); Raven (Fri)
04:30 am House of Mouse
05:00 am Lilo & Stitch
05:30 am New Adv. of Winnie the Pooh

WEEKENDS:
06:00 am The Wiggles
06:30 am Bear in the Big Blue House
07:00 am The Koala Brothers
07:30 am Higglytown Heroes
08:00 am Higglytown Heroes
08:30 am JoJo's Circus
09:00 am The Doodlebops
09:30 am Charlie & Lola
09:45 am Stanley
10:00 am The Wiggles
10:30 am Lilo & Stitch
11:00 am Lilo & Stitch
11:30 am Brandy & Mr. Whiskers
12 noon Jake Long
12:30 pm The Buzz on Maggie
03:00 pm Jake Long (Sat); Zack/Cody (Sun)
03:30 pm Jake Long (Sat); Raven (Sun)
04:00 pm Kim Possible (Sat); Lizzie McGuire (Sun)
04:30 pm Kim Possible (Sat); Even Stevens (Sun)
05:00 pm Buzz on Maggie (Sat); Phil of Future (Sun)
05:30 pm Buzz on Maggie (Sat); Raven (Sun)
06:00 pm Naturally, Sadie
06:30 pm Zack/Cody; Life with Derek*
07:00 pm The Suite Life of Zack and Cody
07:30 pm That's So Raven
08:00 pm Movie(s)
10:30 pm Naturally, Sadie
11:00 pm Phil of the Future
11:30 pm That's So Raven
12 midnite Zack/Cody; Life with Derek*
12:30 am The Buzz on Maggie
01:00 am Jake Long
01:30 am Brandy & Mr. Whiskers
02:00 am Boy Meets World
02:30 am The Proud Family
03:00 am Lilo & Stitch
03:30 am Brandy & Mr. Whiskers
04:00 am Dave the Barbarian
04:30 am House of Mouse
05:00 am Lilo & Stitch
05:30 am New Adv. of Winnie the Pooh

* - show premieres Sep. 18

That's all I can piece together. I would assume the nightly 8-10:30 gap is for a movie. Could not find what Playhouse show is running at 7:00 a.m. It might be another episode of "Breakfast with Bear" but that's a guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

Donald Duck 12

Heaven Bound- Happy Easter!
Disney should seriously ban the use of marathons. Disney Channel has plenty of good shows in the schedule, but it is overdone. It needs a lot of change.

Zach Williams

Too many marathons, and now they repeat late night, but two shows I can watch. The other three shows I can never watch. For Playhouse Disney, at least they have movies that could be okay to watch. The weekday schedule is horrible with the exception of Phil of the Future. Sister, Sister is STILL AROUND? God, kill it already, or replace it with Smart Guy.

Looks like the end for Even Stevens, only ONE slot now. Now if they could do that with Lizzie McGuire and Sister, Sister. Same with Brandy & Mr. Whiskers, one slot at 11:30 AM. I guess this means Magnet-Tude is over with.

So, it sucks, like it always has, but now its worse. Only up points are new episodes of PotF, Suite Life, American Dragon, and maybe/hopefully Brandy & Mr. Whiskers. Plus, PotF on weekdays. I had this all last year with the exception of PotF weekdays.

Freedom Fighter

If that schedule holds true, that must mean Magnet-tude is gone, huh? And that also means the end of Friday afternoon animated premieres.

On the animated front, the schedule suggests two active shows (Jake Long, Buzz on Maggie), two just tying up loose ends (Kim Possible, Lilo & Stitch), and one possibly being tossed aside (Brandy & Mr. Whiskers). Add to the fact, that DC's next original animated series got cancelled before it even got to air (Katbot) and the network's looking a whole lot worse off than this point last year.

Michael24

Staff member
Jeez. With EVEN STEVENS looking like it's about to be ushered out, they better freakin' air the "Duck Soup" episode before it vanishes all together. That's the only remaining episodes I don't have on tape, and it hasn't aired in over two years. :mad:

tucsoncoyote

Time to get my "Game face" on
Don't say I told you guys so, but...

Well After Looking at this schedule now you can see what I was referring back to back in 2004. and for 2006? It looks like rather then the schedule getting better, it gets worse with Blocks of Shows (a few of them I like but then are some that I don't, due to the fact that they aren't animation, but a more expenisve Live action Series.)) and if you notice for the Evening blocks more Live action, Less animation..

I don't want to really sound like a wet blanket here, nor do I really want to start any kind of flame war or even a verbal shouting match, but this is why some fans have left TZ.net and have switched over the more 'proactive Pro-Disney Fan' Side of the game plan. After all I highly doubt Chip and Dales Rescue Rangers and Ducktales would have gotten those boxed sets if the "Proactive fans" who have spoken up hadn't.. in fact, now that Katbot is officially Shelved. and the Options for animated shows are starting to get limited.. a lot of viewers will really have to make one of four Choices:

1. Complain about the schedule to the company asking, if not demanding, what the fans really want to see.

2. Do nothing and accept what you got,

3. Watch some other animation channel,, such as Nickelodeon or Cartoon Network, or

4. Take up a hobby and turn off the TV altogether.

Frankly I would option really for Option 1, after all it's easier to complain loud and long to a company, and if folks say Disney is "Brain Dead' I would like to point out that someone must have been listening to the Disney fans when they asked for those boxed sets of Ducktales and Rescue Rangers. So if enough unhappy Disney animation fans want more animation, the best way to do it is to complain about it, loud and long, and hard.

After all Disney right now is in a state of flux, and without the fans? Well Disney would really lose a lot of stuff , both consumer and financially speaking..

so I think if someone can offer a better solution then the four I've just gave, there really isn't a reason to complain at all about the schedule. YOu either do something or do nothing the choice is really left up to the fans themselves.

Donald Duck 12 said:
Disney should seriously ban the use of marathons. Disney Channel has plenty of good shows in the schedule, but it is overdone. It needs a lot of change.
MusikExpressFan said:
Yeah I also have to agree with that as well. That is enough marathons already seesh! They just really need to redo that whole schedule. :mad:
In fact both DD12 and MuskikExpressfan, you are correct on your observations as are Zach Williams and Freedom Fighter.

Frankly Disney to Me means a wider Diversity then just running blocks of the Same Shows into the Ground. Disney Channel itself could in theory Run it's entire 38 different Series from Gummi Bears to American Dragon Jake Long, and even toss in a 5 hour block of Playhouse Disney, and there will would be room left over for some moives as well..

After all in today's world of animation, flexibilty and variety are part of the key, not the same mundane repetative shows being run incessantly into the ground. Disney itself has a lot to offer, but without the fans demanding and speaking up for what they want like these folks have, well then, the end result is that you get the same stuff year in and year out, until you tire of it and finally go watch something else.

It's what is called "You don't speak up, you don't get what you want." Nuff Said.

:coyote:

SuperStantzio

Yeah I have to agree with that. Yeah Disney should put back on some of their older shows like Ducktales or even Gummi bears. I mean it could've been a great schedule with Older and newer shows for everyone to watch. But it looks like it's a marathons of the same shows everyday, So the Disney really needs to make some big changes to that and give us some more good programming. :mad: :eek:

Freedom Fighter

Though Disney is most likely at fault for lack of variety among their current 'active' animated shows, we should also take note of Disney Channel's scheduling and ratings. Which are very telling.

'That's So Raven' is DC's #1 rated show, period. It's a mainstay in the Top 10 of all of the kids' demographics, and occasionally it gets to #1. 'Zack & Cody' is #2, and it has also made a couple Top 10 appearances.

The ONLY appearances of anything animated appearing in a Top 10 listings in 2005 are the Kim Possible and Proud Family movies (their premiere weekends). That's it. No regular series episode of ANY animated show has appeared in a Top 10 this year.

Add to that, and the funny thing about the success of 'The Proud Family Movie,' is that the premiere airing last Friday at 8 pm garnered not twice, but THREE TIMES as many viewers as the average for the 9 regular episodes (outside of the marathon) that aired Monday-Friday that week.

Kids who watch Disney Channel look like they're watching for the live-action shows, and not the animated shows. For someone who likes the live-action offerings DC has, that's good news. For someone who prefers the animated shows, that's bad news.

You can look at ABC Kids, too. Look at their 6-11 ratings and anyone could tell you which side of the coin is getting more attention.

Disney looks like they're lightening up on the animation front (especially as they start to become a clear 2nd behind Nick), so they need to start emphasizing quality more. Disney's next chance comes with the TV series based off of 'The Emperor's New Groove' in January. Ball's in your court, mousekeeters. Make your TV animation worth watching, or dump it. Simple as that.

Donald Duck 12

That is very interesting Freedom Fighter, I think that another problem is that I don't think they know what kids like. I don't think that anyone in entertainment does.

Nickelodean has been taking off old NickToons, CN has barley any classic animation, and Disney television won't air old time movies or shorts frequently. Frankly I believe that is because they don't know what kids like.

Sure they don't know what kids wouldn't like either, but they don't know that they would. Is there anyway that in todays industry we can convince some suits that something old will work? The only statistics we could show them are the poor ratings of Vault Disney at midnight. Certainly we don't know the outcome if they aired at night or in the daytime.

We don't know if MTV would be better if it was actually Music Television airing everything from Hymns to folk to Rock and Roll. We don't know if the Stooges would do well on a comedy network instead of in the mornings on another. We don't know if something family related would work in primetime. I don't know if we ever will.

Why? Because there networks won't stop to try something new. They found something that will kind of work, so why risk something that could or couldn't? How many licks to the center of a Tootsie Pop? We may never know.

I recall writing a letter to the Disney Channel president last year, but to this day, I never got any feedback.

The probable cause behind people not speaking up, even though it's possibly their own fault is that they feel that no one is listening. I haven't given up yet on Disney, but it seems clear that Disney has a way with ignoring the consumers. :(

But based on this new schedule, all of that may catch up with them soon.

tucsoncoyote

Time to get my "Game face" on
Risk or the Lack there of and what it will mean

Donald Duck 12 said:
That is very interesting Freedom Fighter, I think that another problem is that I don't think they know what kids like. I don't think that anyone in entertainment does.

Nickelodean has been taking off old NickToons, CN has barley any classic animation, and Disney television won't air old time movies or shorts frequently. Frankly I believe that is because they don't know what kids like.

Sure they don't know what kids wouldn't like either, but they don't know that they would. Is there anyway that in todays industry we can convince some suits that something old will work? The only statistics we could show them are the poor ratings of Vault Disney at midnight. Certainly we don't know the outcome if they aired at night or in the daytime.

We don't know if MTV would be better if it was actually Music Television airing everything from Hymns to folk to Rock and Roll. We don't know if the Stooges would do well on a comedy network instead of in the mornings on another. We don't know if something family related would work in primetime. I don't know if we ever will.

Why? Because there networks won't stop to try something new. They found something that will kind of work, so why risk something that could or couldn't? How many licks to the center of a Tootsie Pop? We may never know.
I think DD12 you are "Spot on" In your observation here as is Freedome Fighter. I think Disney and the rest of the Media corporations who run animated Series (Such as Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network) really need to stop cranking out what they think will be best, and in stead start Looking at things that might work a lot better then that. I mean if you got a show that works, Why Replace it with a show that might be less appealing and less enterrainging. I mean if they want proof? Look at Ratings. If Disney Channel wants to be #1 in Ratings for Cable TV, and if they want to be #1 even on their Saturday Morning blocks, they need to start listening to what the fans want.

But I feel you annd Freedom_Fighter have hit upon the key factor as to why they don't want to change. They're afraid to take even a Calculated Risk.

I mean if Kids say , I want more of "Brand A" Show rather then "Brand B" and the Company Runs "Brand B" Show, well then you can see why People leave? They're not interested in what "Brand B" gives but what "Brand A" Delivers.

But A lot of the reason why I say they don't take risks here, is because of the fact that they might really be afraid to admit that maybe the Customers or in this case, the Viewers are indeed right about this. They're afraid to show they maybe they made a mistake, and in fact if they want to lose viewers they will not take Known Calculated Risks but completely Untired and Unproven risks.

It's sort of Like this analogy I like to use. : If you had a choice between say a Tried and Proven TV Show tha has done well and an Untried Unproven Experimental TV Show, that looks good on Paper butgets Poorer ratings, and you want to keep your viewers, which one should you use? Sure it's great to try the New Untested Show, but if you have no one watching the new show, then you've wasted a whole lot of time, Energy and Money on it.
on the same line, if you have a choice between a Less Expensive animated series that is good if not great and a Mediocre Live Action show that is more expensive to produce the logic would dictate that the less expensive animated seres would be a good way to go.

But as of late, it seems both you and Freedom are right, it seems Hollywood in general isn't listening to what the people want, so then when they notice the lower ratings, and the lower Veiwership turn out, they scratch there heads and Wonder why no one is watching Tleevision let alone their shows? It's because of the same logic.. they only problem is that they've actully done the exact Opposite to what they needed to do to keep their viewers and customers happy.

So in the end do the Companies Listen? Probably not, even though a lot of People DO know what they want, the companies don't listen and in the end, this is why the companies by Not Listening to what their Viewers want, get in the end fewer returning viewers. and no amount of Money you can dump into new shows iare really going to pull people back in.

in short a final Message to the companies.. : If' it's not broke, why fix it with something less appealing?

Nuff Said.

:coyote:

Donald Duck 12

PositronShooter said:
I recall writing a letter to the Disney Channel president last year, but to this day, I never got any feedback.

The probable cause behind people not speaking up, even though it's possibly their own fault is that they feel that no one is listening. I haven't given up yet on Disney, but it seems clear that Disney has a way with ignoring the consumers. :(

But based on this new schedule, all of that may catch up with them soon.

Actually Disney has policies that they can only accept in house ideas to protect creativity. Which is right.

tucsoncoyote said:
I mean if Kids say , I want more of "Brand A" Show rather then "Brand B" and the Company Runs "Brand B" Show, well then you can see why People leave? They're not interested in what "Brand B" gives but what "Brand A" Delivers.

Actually we aren't sure that kids and others will like other shows than these. Which is why other types of shows don't get aired. I think that the best way to do things is air shows that they are now, air old things not seen in a while, and air new things that both go with and break the mold. That could make a fair amount of people happy.

The Huntsman

Friend of Toon Zone
The only show I actually care about is Brandy & Mr. Whiskers, and I'm not sure if the new timeslot is a good thing. Weekend morning cartoons are a novelty of the past, but there is a chance that more children will find the new timeframe for it to be much more suitable. Fortunately, it's early AM time is still the same, which is when I usually watch the series anyway.

Still, I just hope this isn't a sign that they are "tossing aside" Brandy & Mr. Whiskers, as someone implied in an earlier post. I've seen a lot of advertisements for Brandy & Mr. Whiskers recently, and Brandy was even in one of those live action commercials where there was a party of some sort, but I seriously digress. As I said, I just hope Brandy & Mr. Whiskers' new time frame helps it more than it hurts it.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts