New Background for The Marvel Animation Forum

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Good day everyone,

As you can likely already tell, The Marvel Animation Forum has received a new background for Summer 2013! With an influx of new Marvel Animation projects on the horizon, and plenty of interesting releases to come, a new coat of paint felt apt. The new background was put together by Toonzone member James, with pictures chosen both by him and myself. The background is a combination of images from older, recent, and upcoming projects. Once again, James has outdone himself with a great piece of work, always bringing his best time and time again.

I'd like to take the time to thank James and the TZ crew for yet another beautiful background and hope you all like it as much as I do.

As always, thought and feedback are always welcome. Also, can you guess where all the images came from?

Comments?

Check out the new The DC Animation Forum background here!

Dsneybuf

I notice the Avengers Assemble Avengers, 1980s Bruce Banner, 1978 Ben Grimm, Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends Firestar, Spectacular Spider-Man Black Cat, and X-Men Evolution Wolverine. I can't decide which background I like better.

James

Administrator
Staff member
Nor can I actually. I did this before popping back to this forum (it's been a couple of years!) and realised what we had was pretty cool anyhow. :)
All I will say is between myself and Jim there's always a battle between what 80s cartoon I can slip in there. Amazing Friends and Hulk are always a priority for me. He figured suggesting the Avengers Hulk would prevent me from being able to slip in the 80s Hulk (and he'd kindly tried to palm me off with Firestar as an image suggestion). I dropped in Banner instead. :)

Wonderwall

Staff member
Also spiffy. I like that this is warmer than the DC forum, give them both their own identities that way. Also like that this one seems( to me at least ) to skew a little more retro than the DC one which seems a little more modern. Although that's also party due to Marvel being a little more prominent in the 80s than DC.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
I like it. I think I maaaaay just prefer the World's Finest background, but this one is really good.

James

Administrator
Staff member
I like it. I think I maaaaay just prefer the World's Finest background, but this one is really good.

Lol bless you. We must be getting better, as we're getting a lot of love for these. That's always nice. People don't always react well to change, it's in our nature!

Stu

Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I can tell this is your work Jimmy Boy, with Dr Banner and Firestar in there.

Looking great, as always. It's very comic booky rather than straight panels. I like it a lot.

Plus, bonus points for using Night Of The Lizard. I always thought that episode looked gorgeous.

Dsneybuf

Can someone identity the two stills that I failed to recall?

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts