New "Rugrats" News & Discussion Thread

glennbyrnes

Finally, the apparent first episode of the revival is called "R is for Reptar", whose plot line is: "When the power goes out at the Pickles house, the babies and adults come together to share their own personal favorite Reptar stories. This collection includes short stories by Grandpa Lou, Phil and Lil, Angelica Pickles, Susie Carmichael, and Tommy Pickles as they each tell you their own version of Reptar."
Didn't they have an episode like this in the original series?

glennbyrnes

The official poster shows Tommy and Angelica with two other new kids. Maybe they are there to replace Dil and Kimmi.

SG-17

As much as I dislike it CGI is cheaper to produce and has a quicker turnaround once the core models are made.

SG-17

Uhh, you'll have to excuse my ignorance, but isn't CGI the more expensive way to do animation (as opposed to traditional 2D animation)?
There are higher upfront costs, but once the CG models are made they can be posed via software to create animation rather than needing to animate every individual frame.

This isn't Toy Story 1 anymore.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
First look at the CG-animated Rugrats!

next-gen-nickelodeon-rugrats.png

JMTV

The Adorkable One.

Wow. The Rugrats looks pretty good! It actually does stay true to the original source material.

When I first heard about this announcement about a year or two ago, making the Rugrats characters into CG with it's brand new reboot/revival season, I have massive fears that the designs in CG is gonna look absolutely terrible. But now looking at this poster, it's actually well done.

Though, one minor nitpick I had with the new designs is the pupils. They need to make the pupils a tiny bit bigger because seeing them with the small pupils looks kinda creepy to me.

But other than that, everything else looks great. Great job, Nickelodeon for paying attention to detail.

I'm not sure how people are going to react to it, but I'll wait and see for a trailer to give out a better judgement. If the new revival season actually does stay true to classic Rugrats from my childhood, then I'll give it a watch.

Mandouga

Wow. The Rugrats looks pretty good! It actually does stay true to the original source material.

How do you know? The show hasn't premiered yet, and please don't mention the character designs. Of course, Tommy, Chuckie, Phil, Lil, and Susie (from the image) would look like they should. I imagine all the characters will, but as I'm sure you know, it's the writing that will determine whether or not it stays true to the original source material. I mean...I don't THINK it's going to be self-parody/tribute that doesn't know what it's talking about, but once the show premieres, we'll know for sure, won't we?...

Ghoster1987

howdy
I wonder how they're going to look like in motion.

also jeez feels like 2009-2013 Nick all over again with them going crazy with CGI shows. At least one original 2D Nicktoon is coming

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)

Featured Posts