Netflix Live Action Cartoon Remakes

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
I'm just wondering what in the world is up with all the bizarre cartoon remakes Netflix has made. Reboot: The Guardian Code and the live action Winx Club are ridiculously different from the original cartoon. Is there really an audience for these bizarre in name only adaptations? Is the Netflix Cowboy Bebop going to be as out there as those other two remakes? I'm shocked we live in a world where a TV-MA Winx Club adaptation could exist.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Well, we know that a live-action series adaptation of Avatar: The Last Airbender but it's currently postponed due to the pandemic and I'm worried about it after the creators left due to creative differences.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Well, Nick needs to stand up for Avatar's creators and take the series away from Netflix, in favor of putting it on a streamer more friendly to the creators.

Many things have been given to Netflix lately because of the pandemic. It's about time something get taken away from Netflix.

In fact, I'm thinking about starting a petition calling for such.

Last edited:

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter
Well, Nick needs to stand up for Avatar's creators and take the series away from Netflix, in favor of putting it on a streamer more friendly to the creators.

Like the upcoming Paramount Plus?

the greenman

Well, we know that a live-action series adaptation of Avatar: The Last Airbender but it's currently postponed due to the pandemic and I'm worried about it after the creators left due to creative differences.
From reports it's confusing. First they said it will in no way be like the live action Shyalaman film. Then I hear that's pretty much why talks broke off, cause of race washing. So, it may be deeper of course, but right now, doesn't make sense.
Like the upcoming Paramount Plus?
But do they have the moohla?

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
The fact there is a TV-MA Winx Club adaptation shows that no family friendly property is off limits in turning into an R or MA rated work. Not even Pokemon, where I want an R-rated natural horror movie set in what would be the Pokemon Cinematic Universe (started by Detective Pikachu) directed by Quentin Tarantino, and several TV-MA series set in said universe on HBO (shows for HBOmax would be produced and released as if they were major network series, and thus be subject to the same content restrictions as network series).

harry580

The fact there is a TV-MA Winx Club adaptation shows that no family friendly property is off limits in turning into an R or MA rated work. Not even Pokemon, where I want an R-rated natural horror movie set in what would be the Pokemon Cinematic Universe (started by Detective Pikachu) directed by Quentin Tarantino, and several TV-MA series set in said universe on HBO (shows for HBOmax would be produced and released as if they were major network series, and thus be subject to the same content restrictions as network series).
due, give up the r rated Pokemon idea already, im not trying to be mean

PicardMan

Staff member
Reporter

I don't know if everything is off limits. TV-MA Arthur or preschool cartoon adaptations will be proof that our society is in full moral decay. TV-MA Winx Club is still extremely...befuddling. Who asked for that?

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
I don't know if everything is off limits. TV-MA Arthur or preschool cartoon adaptations will be proof that our society is in full moral decay. TV-MA Winx Club is still extremely...befuddling. Who asked for that?
I have nothing else to add to this discussion other than that I totally agree with you.

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
TV-MA Winx Club is still extremely...befuddling. Who asked for that?
Read about what content is involved for them to get that rating. Rather underwhelmed because it's just like any other teen drama except the teens get to be relatable & realistic (not as crass/delinquent as I assumed) + the monsters are now more horror-based. Netflix said they wanted this for the kids who are now grown up and are at the age when they gravitate toward these types of shows/movies. Obviously, on broadcast/traditional cable these are somehow TV-14.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
From reports it's confusing. First they said it will in no way be like the live action Shyalaman film. Then I hear that's pretty much why talks broke off, cause of race washing. So, it may be deeper of course, but right now, doesn't make sense.
Well, that Fandom Wire article detailing those apparent reasons was written by Andy Signore, who was dismissed from his role at Screen Junkies in 2017 after sexual assault allegations against him, which is why many fans were sceptical on those.

the greenman

Well, that Fandom Wire article detailing those apparent reasons was written by Andy Signore, who was dismissed from his role at Screen Junkies in 2017 after sexual assault allegations against him, which is why many fans were sceptical on those.
I'm not sure where the two relate. Are you saying he was a sexual predator, so everything he wrote were lies?

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Space Cadet

I'M SWEATING
Staff member
I'm just wondering what in the world is up with all the bizarre cartoon remakes Netflix has made. Reboot: The Guardian Code and the live action Winx Club are ridiculously different from the original cartoon. Is there really an audience for these bizarre in name only adaptations? Is the Netflix Cowboy Bebop going to be as out there as those other two remakes? I'm shocked we live in a world where a TV-MA Winx Club adaptation could exist.

Looks like there is an audience for this:

‘Fate: The Winx Saga’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts