Netflix Castlevania Series Talkback

Latest News & Videos

Troy Troodon

Jan 16, 2014
I must say, I applaud this show. It's good to have more adult animation that's not some raunchy comedy. Mind you I do think the painfully violent imagery (and even the profanity to a minor extent) may be a bit too exesive even for an adult show, but other than that I think it's pretty phenomenal! The story is solid, the animation is good, the voice acting is great, and most of the characters are pretty engaging.

Sypha is probably my favorite character in the show. She's this sweet heart who fills in this child-friendly innocence that makes up for the disturbing gore and depressing imagery; It kinda makes me want to see her in something based on Zelda or some other, less mature video game based shows. (along with Trevor I guess since he is the game's main protagonist in spite of this franchise's more mature themes)

And perhaps my favorite voice over performance of all here would definitely have to be Graham McTavish as Dracula, he is perhaps the best voice of Drac in this franchise bar-none.

Like I said, I still have some gripes with the show, but for the most part at least it really does go to show that animation can be pretty versatile and is not just for kids.

Reactions: 1 person

Terror of Death

Aug 1, 2007
US
I heard a lot of Castlevania fans have been waiting for the inclusion of some character called Grant Dynasty but it doesn't appear like he's going to be in this season. Reminds me somewhat of The Boondocks series where many fans of the comics wanted Cesar to be in it but that never happened.

One of my fears for this season other than the pacing is that the animation for half the episodes will take a major hit in quality. I recall that happening in season 2 with the middle episodes so with 10 episodes it seems even more likely.

I also hope Isaac and Carmilla are more proactive villians and don't spend most of their screen time monologuing and slowly building their army.

The trailer looked great though and this is one of the few animated series I look forward to watching each season. Also of the the few streaming series I always watch during the first week of release.

TheVileOne

Peace Loving Shinobi
Reporter
Mar 8, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
www.411mania.com
In actuality, the TV series did in fact began development as an R-rated DTV animated film back in the late Noughties.
About time.
Yes, I've heard the story. The first season is so brief it's almost hard for me to really consider it a TV series. Season 1 basically plays like an introduction to the third game. At least this season is supposed to be 10 episodes.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm one of those people that's more familiar with Sonic's arch-enemy being called "Dr. Ivo Robotnik" rather than "Eggman".

As I mentioned, Melanie Minichino should definitely sing more.
it is kinda weird how despite Frozen being the highest grossing animated movie until Lion King 2019, there were no mainstream animated movies that tried to copy it, or at least accused of copying Frozen. I wonder why?
Just letting you guys know: I'm changing my username in two weeks. It's similar to the original, but a bit more wordy.
Asa
The last time a new SpongeBob premiered before KCA's was in March 2017.