"Peacock (NBCUniversal Streaming Service)" News and Discussion (Spoilers)

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Peacock should try and get streaming rights to shows distributed by NBCUniversal in North America which are airing on rival networks, like CBS' FBI and FBI: Most Wanted (to put the entire Dick Wolf library on the service), and Fox's Almost Family.

There's precedent for this. Hulu already has streaming rights to all the Disney-owned shows on Fox, dating back to when 20th Century and the Fox network were co-owned.

Similarly, HBOmax should have streaming rights to all current network series from WB TV, encompassing shows on all five major broadcast networks (such as Fox's Prodigal Son and CBS' Young Sheldon).

zoombie

You think on the Punky Brewster reboot, they could get Ami Foster and / or Casey Ellison to guest star. I looked up their credits, Ellison hasn't acted since 2002, but as been working behind the scenes, while Foster she hasn't acted since 1994, and has left the business entirely. You think for old times sake they could come out of retirement for this.

I haven't much about Casey Ellison other stuff, but I have seen some of Ami Foster non Punky work, from guest appearances on shows like Full House and Step By Step, and of course in Troop Beverly Hills, she was very funny and talented. Can pure talent over come rustiness? While in the case of Casey Ellison, maybe staying behind the scenes, he has kept some tabs on acting abilities.

As far as the two of them of who I want back more, I care more about Margaux than Allen, she was funny, she was a good comic relief character. Selfishly I only want Allen back for one reason, and that is to rekindle a romantic relationship with Cherie.

If we can't get Margaux back, we could still have her kids hang out with Punky and Cherie's kids, Margaux's mother after the first season was never seen again, so like mother like daughter.

PF9

I believe the international versions of Peacock will hold international streaming rights to the new Fox animated sitcom Duncanville, which is co-produced and internationally distributed by Universal TV. Disney (via 20th Century) owns the US rights so it is on Hulu in the US.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
I believe the international versions of Peacock will hold international streaming rights to the new Fox animated sitcom Duncanville, which is co-produced and internationally distributed by Universal TV. Disney (via 20th Century) owns the US rights so it is on Hulu in the US.
If there's an international version...

the greenman

You think on the Punky Brewster reboot, they could get Ami Foster and / or Casey Ellison to guest star. I looked up their credits, Ellison hasn't acted since 2002, but as been working behind the scenes, while Foster she hasn't acted since 1994, and has left the business entirely. You think for old times sake they could come out of retirement for this.

I haven't much about Casey Ellison other stuff, but I have seen some of Ami Foster non Punky work, from guest appearances on shows like Full House and Step By Step, and of course in Troop Beverly Hills, she was very funny and talented. Can pure talent over come rustiness? While in the case of Casey Ellison, maybe staying behind the scenes, he has kept some tabs on acting abilities.

As far as the two of them of who I want back more, I care more about Margaux than Allen, she was funny, she was a good comic relief character. Selfishly I only want Allen back for one reason, and that is to rekindle a romantic relationship with Cherie.

If we can't get Margaux back, we could still have her kids hang out with Punky and Cherie's kids, Margaux's mother after the first season was never seen again, so like mother like daughter.
9 times out of 10, producers wouldn't have come this far without contacting them. Cherie Johnson is already on board, so these two might come in later.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

zoombie

All this talk about a Punky Brewster / Saved By The Bell crossover, as someone that has seen both shows, I don't see them being in the same universe. Saved By The Bell is a hot mess, there are no rules to how over the top it can get, while Punky is a typically sitcom.

In a weird way, I think Punky Brewster is more compatible of being in the same universe as Saved By The Bell predecessor Good Morning Miss Bliss, while Saved By The Bell is more compatible with the Punky Brewster cartoon if that makes sense.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
All this talk about a Punky Brewster / Saved By The Bell crossover, as someone that has seen both shows, I don't see them being in the same universe. Saved By The Bell is a hot mess, there are no rules to how over the top it can get, while Punky is a typically sitcom.

In a weird way, I think Punky Brewster is more compatible of being in the same universe as Saved By The Bell predecessor Good Morning Miss Bliss, while Saved By The Bell is more compatible with the Punky Brewster cartoon if that makes sense.
Punky Brewster had its problems, but its heart was in the right place. Saved By The Bell is cynical claptrap and utter garbage on every level. The shows don't deserve to be seriously compared.

PF9

Speaking of Punky Brewster I wonder if NBCUniversal will reclaim the rights that Sony has to the series.

Frank Coufal

That's certainly a lot more content than I expected.
I'm surprised Fievel's American Tails, the short-lived animated TV series based on An American Tail and An American Tail: Fievel Goes West will be on the service, given that Universal doesn't do much with An American Tail these days. It doesn't help that An American Tail still doesn't have a proper home media release with its original theatrical audio intact. Since next year is An American Tail's 35th Anniversary, I'm still hoping that Universal and Amblin might have the courage to release a better home media edition of the film, maybe in 4K, like what they're doing with the Back To The Future trilogy this year for its 35th Anniversary.

Then again, that just might be some sort of a pipe dream

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Well, you don't know that for sure.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

You are on my poop list, Will Friedle and Kimmy Robertson. I will never forgive either of you. I am furious.
Currently obsessed with this Pat Benatar song. Funny, because I've listened to her music for years and I had  no idea this was her.

Will someone please ask Discotek Media to redub "Saint Tail" or just dub the undubbed episodes?
Boy, this Dan Schneider guy is pretty sketchy.

Featured Posts