"Peacock (NBCUniversal Streaming Service)" News and Discussion (Spoilers)

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I doubt Screech will ever appear on this new show.
My point is that Saved By The Bell is trash compared to Punky Brewster and Punky needs to stay far away from it. And yes, I know what a statement that is. Something else being trash compared to Punky Brewster is saying something.

zoombie

My point is that Saved By The Bell is trash compared to Punky Brewster and Punky needs to stay far away from it. And yes, I know what a statement that is. Something else being trash compared to Punky Brewster is saying something.

Be that as it may, and I share you love for Punky Brewster. Crossovers have happened for a long time. I have seen a lot of good shows crossover with a lot of bad shows because it generates interest. This is a business, if NBC / Universal thinks a crossover episode would generate a buss and clicks, they will do it.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Disney + is creating all of this major live-action Star Wars and Marvel content. DC Universe brought back Young Justice. HBO Max is gonna have all kinds of new DC stuff and WB cartoons. CBS All Access went all out on Star Trek. The flagship draws of Peacock? Punky Brewster and Saved By The Bell relaunches. NBC is doing it wrong.

zoombie

Disney + is creating all of this major live-action Star Wars and Marvel content. DC Universe brought back Young Justice. HBO Max is gonna have all kinds of new DC stuff and WB cartoons. CBS All Access went all out on Star Trek. The flagship draws of Peacock? Punky Brewster and Saved By The Bell relaunches. NBC is doing it wrong.

Well if this happened a few years ago, the flagship draw would have been the Cosby Show relaunches.

I am hoping this streaming service has every episode of Saturday Night Live, I know they have to edit the musical guest, but still even without that, that would be awesome.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Well if this happened a few years ago, the flagship draw would have been the Cosby Show relaunches.
And that still would have been lame or dated whether Cosby did what he did or not. Universal has some cool stuff at their disposal. Jurassic Park. E.T.. Battlestar Galactica. Quantum Leap. Heroes. Hannibal. Grimm. Back To The Future. The Mummy and Universal Monsters. But they never do anything with it outside of Jurassic Park. All of those other franchises are dead or stagnant. The new Jurassic Park cartoon should NOT be heading to Netflix. It should be a huge launch title for Peacock. It's weird what NBC believes is putting their best foot forward.

Zorak Masaki

I am hoping this streaming service has every episode of Saturday Night Live, I know they have to edit the musical guest, but still even without that, that would be awesome.
They still have to edit out every sketch that has copyrighted music like Goth Talk. Personally, I'm hoping for all the NBC episodes of SCTV. A new generation needs to discover Johnny La Rue, The McKenzies, and Count Floyd.

the greenman

I would love them to do a new Sliders. Maybe even with the original cast members popping in and out if possible. Though I haven't seen that final SCI-FI season.

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Mandouga

Anyway, at first I thought this was going to be another Hulu, but then I saw that it was going to be free, with two optional tiers.

That concerns me a little bit. I really hope they don't require one of the two subscriptions just so we can watch certain shows. I mean it. The last thing they need to do is become another Hulu: doing certain things that might cause them to lose viewers, and then making excuses for doing them (e.g., because of "licensing/streaming agreements"). Everything on Peacock needs to be free for everyone.

For now, however, I'm interested. Also, I want to clarify something. It will be free for everyone, but are Cox customers going to be getting it ad free? I kind of just glanced at it for a second.

Tacomaster

I Actually Like Pizza More
Cleopatra in Space will be an original on the service, despite being announced on Universal Kids. Then again, so is Where's Waldo, apparently, despite being a Universal Kids original series. Other DreamWorks shows include TrollsTopia, Madagascar: A Little Wild, and The Mighty Ones. I wonder if those will end up on Universal Kids anytime soon...

the greenman

Btw, they are resurrecting a new Battlestar Galactica too.

the greenman

I didn't see anyone bring this up, but Seth MacFarlane signed a huge deal with NBC Universal.

Nothing has been specific, but I suspect he might also plan something for the Peacock service.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon Analyst, Artist
Most likely a Family Guy clone...

Cleopatra in Space will be an original on the service, despite being announced on Universal Kids. Then again, so is Where's Waldo, apparently, despite being a Universal Kids original series. Other DreamWorks shows include TrollsTopia, Madagascar: A Little Wild, and The Mighty Ones. I wonder if those will end up on Universal Kids anytime soon...
I wouldn't get your hopes up. Those three you've mentioned will also stream on Hulu, so I bet Cleopatra will be on Universal Kids too.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Remember Disney renamed Touchstone TV because it wanted ABC's in-house shows more closely associated with that brand rather than one used originally for movies.

I wouldn't be surprised if NBC wanted their in-house productions more closely associated with the NBC brand rather than a movie studio brand. To me Universal always has been and always will be a movie company primarily.
Except Universal has done TV shows before their parent company at the time bought half of NBC from General Electric. The difference between these two is that Touchstone had started to become inactive, hence why Disney renamed Touchstone Television as ABC Studios, while it made sense for the Universal name not to be ditched from NBC Universal Television to make way for it to be rebranded back as NBC Studios since the name revolves around the core TV and film businesses and that recent Saturday Night Live films were Universal releases.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
As I mentioned earlier, DreamWorks should make a Splatoon movie so it can have a spin-off TV series on Peacock. But Splatoon might not be the only Nintendo property with content on Peacock, given Nintendo's partnership with Comcast (which notably excludes Pokemon, a franchise set up at Warners and Legendary and thus the Pokemon Cinematic Universe TV spinoffs would land at HBOmax).

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
As I mentioned earlier, Dreamworks should make a Splatoon movie so it can have a spin-off TV series on Peacock. But Splatoon might not be the only Nintendo property with content on Peacock, given Nintendo's partnership with Comcast (which notably excludes Pokemon, a franchise set up at Warners and Legendary and thus the Pokemon Cinematic Universe TV spinoffs would land at HBOmax).
I'm going to be honest but I still stand by my point that I think Illumination will be the ones doing the animated films based on Nintendo IPs, not Dreamworks.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Nintendo doesn't want just animated movies either because of Detective Pikachu's success. Nintendo knows that some of their IPs are better suited for live-action, namely more story-based/realistic ones like Metroid, Star Fox, Zelda, Fire Emblem, and even F-Zero. Oh and Kid Icarus. The sci-fi properties I mentioned I think Nintendo wants to see become as popular as sci-fi staples like Doctor Who, Star Trek, and Star Wars.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts