NBCUniversal Starts OTT Streaming Service (Peacock), slated for 2020

Latest News & Videos

PF9

Jul 9, 2008
Ohio
That doesn't answer my question about how Peacock will release original programming.

LinusFan303

A Fan of Linus Van Pelt.
Mar 26, 2018
Colorado
Reactions: Fone Bone

PF9

Jul 9, 2008
Ohio
I suspect it'll be weekly episodes, like DisneyPlus, rather than like Netflix.
The fact that streamers owned by major media conglomerates generally release their original programs one episode a week (in most cases) opens up a huge market.

That market being series being made for these streaming services, but produced as if they were going to be on a major broadcast network.

Such series could have up to 22-24 episodes per season, 20-22 minutes per episode for a "half-hour" series or 42-44 minutes for "hour-long" series, spots where ad breaks would go in (which would be needed if such a series gets enough episodes for syndication), and produced to the same content standards as network series.

Episodes would be released between late September and May with breaks in between like network series.

There are a lot of people who prefer network series because they don't have the extreme content that cable or streaming series tend to have (even series which such content is limited to strong language).

But the amount of network series is limited as it is because networks only have so much time available to program.

That's where Disney+, Hulu, HBOmax, Peacock, and All Access come in.

They could increase the amount of "network-styled" series available by commissioning such series for their streaming services.

Last edited:

EndBringer99

Aug 5, 2018
Ireland
I mainly care for the Dreamworks cartoons, "Trollstopia" & "Madagascar: A Little Wild". Yet there's no date for either of them or a trailer for the former, which I'm most excited for.

PF9

Jul 9, 2008
Ohio
Well it's been explained on these forums these streamers NEED content. Even if they have to contract someone else's stuff. I guess that's just the way it's gonna be from now on.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
One day the major media companies will decide they don't want to license ANY of their stuff to a competing streamer. When that happens, The Godfather will exclusively stream on All Access (for instance).

PF9

Jul 9, 2008
Ohio
The major media companies would want to, collectively, force consumers to subscribe to all their streaming services, knowing that content owned by one company would be exclusive to the streamer owned by that company.

Jan 16, 2018
You know that doesn't surprise me that Peacock might not be available to Amazon or Roku users on it's launch date. I mean it's been going on almost two months since HBO MAX launched and they still aren't available on either platforms.

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
the point of no return
These Studios & networks are not saavy enough to think in terms of the cord-cutters. They are probably aware, but right now they want as many subs coming from cable to the streamers (i.e.not youths). For us that have been cut off, they're not exactly thinking of us. Though it would help.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Reactions: wonderfly

LinusFan303

A Fan of Linus Van Pelt.
Mar 26, 2018
Colorado
With Peacock, Comcast is giving all the perks to those who have their cable service (also another company I forgot this second) kind of like how on Comcast Xfinity boxes you can access Hulu ,Netflix ,Prime video, Sling (Would like to have known how that meeting went ) , CBS All Access (knowing what CBS All Access if for, that makes sense) , I would guess they'd rather have people stay with Comcast and have Peacock as perk then maybe they'll figure out everyone else next. The other part is Roku and Amazon want a piece of the pie of the money from these services since (well more Roku's model, Amazon does have other money channels) are a one time purchase (for how long the thing lasts) and they want to make more revenue.

LinusFan303

A Fan of Linus Van Pelt.
Mar 26, 2018
Colorado
It's coming to PlayStation, next week.

Meanwhile, many NBC stations are un happy with Peacock getting promotion in a 30 Rock special so it won't air on a majority of stations

Blerg, Most NBC Stations Won’t Air the 30 Rock Reunion

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

if a telecom company bought viacomcbs, would they drop the viacom name and replace with cbs or paramount name like how disney dropped the buena vista name in 2007
The winner of this matchup is Phineas And Ferb: Star Wars, which got 5 votes. Scooby Doo And WWE: Curse Of The Speed Demon got 2 votes. The last matchup of round 3 is between "A Muppet Family Christmas" and "Scooby Doo And Batman: The Brave And The Bold".

Happy 28th Birthday to Dylan and Cole Sprouse, they are well known for portraying Zack & Cody in Disney Channel's The Suite Life.
what is upsetting about comedy central is that the network is always airing the office series too much
did you think that nickelodeon should slow down the reruns of spongebob and air the old spongebob episodes on nicktoons?