"Peacock (NBCUniversal Streaming Service)" News and Discussion (Spoilers)

LinusFan303

Squeak
I still feel like this and HBOmax are streamers that are not for the cord cutters. They are essentially pretenders, because they still have other .coms out there sitting with all of their content, so until they shut those down (which they'll never do) and really push everything to the stramers

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk
Peacock's primary job is advertising buys for Comcast , plus giving perks to Comcast subscribers were a give away of what it was for. CBS All Access falls in the same camp , it was created for CBS to get better cable carriage deals.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
I just hope they'll be able to clear the uncut versions of every SNL episode there are some which have only been rerun in an edited form.

LinusFan303

Squeak
I wonder if that will still apply when it is rebranded to Paramount+ early next year?

They could expand it and say "Hey cable companies people are willing to pay {price of Paramount + } for Viacom content (plus our deals with Netflix , Hulu etc) so let's make a good deal!"

the greenman

They could expand it and say "Hey cable companies people are willing to pay {price of Paramount + } for Viacom content (plus our deals with Netflix , Hulu etc) so let's make a good deal!"
I'm very curious about the Paramount/Nickelodeon deal with Netflix. Right now, I feel like Netflix is obviously using the catalog for the time being. However, I also think they're paying attention to just how well it's doing. Similar to how Disney just watched Marvel back in '08-09before finally making their move.

LinusFan303

Squeak
I'm very curious about the Paramount/Nickelodeon deal with Netflix. Right now, I feel like Netflix is obviously using the catalog for the time being. However, I also think they're paying attention to just how well it's doing. Similar to how Disney just watched Marvel back in '08-09before finally making their move.

They have their shows spread everywhere: Yellowstone is on Peacock for example, CBS owned shows like Everybody Loves Raymond and King of Queens are on Peacock, Hulu has stuff too. They let HBO Max pick up shows from Comedy Central. I'd think CBS All Access is a window dressing Streaming service and they are still would rather sell stuff to other bidders as money making.

One Peacock difference is sports , they are really putting sports programming on it , and investing in that as part of Peacock's charm more than anything else. NBC SN and Golf Channel are kind of at threat now.

From what I read here NBCUniversal’s Cable Channels Were a Crown Jewel. Now They’re an ‘Albatross.’

“The future is also dimming for sports networks like the Golf Channel and NBC Sports Network. Hockey and soccer games are likely to appear more frequently on USA Network and Peacock.”

LinusFan303

Squeak
The number of signups for the streaming service is now 33 million, an increase from last September's 22 million.
Having it free helped them make those numbers they can say people who randomly singed up , maybe used it once, count as a sign up, versus subscribers
Shouldn't be that on CAA/P+?
Not everything has to be corporate exclusive.

PF9

They should use Peacock as a means of reviving Chicago Justice.

As fan of the Chicago franchise, I was disappointed when NBC axed this after just one season. There might be room for more Chicago shows on Peacock as well, outside the shows airing on Wednesday nights on NBC (having them all on one night was ironically made possible by the cancellation of Justice).

the greenman

They should use Peacock as a means of reviving Chicago Justice.

As fan of the Chicago franchise, I was disappointed when NBC axed this after just one season. There might be room for more Chicago shows on Peacock as well, outside the shows airing on Wednesday nights on NBC (having them all on one night was ironically made possible by the cancellation of Justice).
How long ago did that air?

LinusFan303

Squeak
Im one of those who signed up for free and loving it. Yeah, there are some series missing episodes, but I mostly watch the movies and some new shows.

I have it because Comcast said hey thank you for staying along with us, here you go please don't leave us... it's pretty nice, like watching some classic shows there and the live sports is nice thing too.( Will be more in that when NBC Sn shuts down.)

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image

PF9

Since it seems the Animaniacs reboot on Hulu is doing well, Peacock should revive the two cartoons Spielberg did for DreamWorks.

Toonsylvania would be a reboot, but featuring the same characters as the original series.

Invasion America would be a second season that properly concludes the show's storyline.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts