NBCUniversal Starts OTT Streaming Service (Peacock), slated for 2020

AdrenalineRush1996

Another show idea I had was a sequel series to the Back to the Future films, only this time, it's live-action.

Of course it's likely MJF won't reprise his role of Marty McFly due to having Parkinson's and thus the only way the character could appear in such a series is if he is played by another actor. Christopher Lloyd should be fine to play Doc again though.
Uhh, how about no?

PF9

What the media conglomerate-backed streamers need to do is put more obscure films and television series in their catalog on their services.

NBCUniversal has quite a lot of stuff they own that qualifies as obscure. The miniseries Invasion America (which I think needs a sequel to properly wrap up the storyline) is one.

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
Yes, and shows that compliment the shows in the library.

I don't know if it's possible for NBCU to acquire the rights to the original Bonanza series since they own the trademark and copyright. If so, they should since they have Wagon Train.

Homicide: Life on the Street should be another great series to add to the roster of cop shows. Ran for 6 years along with a movie and it's an ancestor to Law and Order: SVU, The Wire, The Shield, and most modern cop shows to this day.

There needs to also be a section to classic Walter Lantz/Harveytoons cartoons. Disney+ has classic Mickey Mouse and friends, HBOMax has classic Looney Tunes, why not add the classics? Also, the new Woody Woodpecker shorts aren't on there as well.

PF9

Though NBC may own the copyright to Bonanza, they sold all other rights to National Telefilm Associates in 1973, these rights are now held by CBS. Thus if anything it would go on All Access.

Yes I know it's weird for a show to have its copyright owned by one company but all other rights owned by another.

Zorak Masaki

So, looking through the site there are a lot of notable omissions in the classic tv section, no Night Court, No Knight Rider, No A-Team, not even Community.

LinusFan303

A fan of Peanuts in their 70th year
So, looking through the site there are a lot of notable omissions in the classic tv section, no Night Court, No Knight Rider, No A-Team, not even Community.
Night Court is WB and thus would likely go on HBOmax

Community is owned by Sony

Community is on Hulu NBC has both Knight Rider series on NBC.com so is the A-Team. Uhh Night Court so far not streaming.

Mandouga

The streaming revolution is like how cable has been for years.... Roku and NBC U got into an impasse over Peacock , now the TV Everywhere apps (you know NBC, E!, USA, CNBC, Bravo, some other NBC owned networks) are going to be dropped from Roku by midnight Roku And Peacock Clash Over Carriage; NBCUniversal TV Everywhere Apps Set To Go Dark

The article's been updated since you posted it. The TV Everywhere apps won't be "going dark" after all.

Oh, and I should mention that while Night Court did air on NBC originally, the show comes from Warner Bros..

Last edited:

LinusFan303

A fan of Peanuts in their 70th year
The article's been updated since you posted it. The TV Everywhere apps won't be "going dark" after all.it

Oh, and I should mention that while Night Court did air on NBC originally, the show comes from Warner Bros..
The old fashioned public negotiation spat to get things moving...

PF9

There are a few shows that originally aired on NBC that are on Peacock but their rights are owned by other companies.

Like Cheers and its spin-off Frasier.

Those were originally from Paramount, and are now owned by CBS Television Studios. Season one of Frasier (the one season available for free) retains the 1990 Paramount TV logo (white Paramount Communications byline, was last non-ET show from that era to end; similarly, Cheers was the last Blue Mountain era show to end other than ET) at the end.

PF9

Sony owns worldwide distribution of Community. I can tell because when I look at DVD listings for the series on both the American and British Amazon sites, Sony is listed as the distributor in both cases.

the greenman

I know Knight Rider and a few other shows are on NBC.com. That is why some people are not getting it.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

PF9

Notre Dame has aired its home football games on NBC or in a few cases, a sister network, since 1991.

Perhaps NBCUniversal should produce content about Notre Dame football, mainly scripted stuff about the history of the program and documentary stuff. If Universal can get the remake rights from Warner Bros., they could even remake Knute Rockne: All American.

the greenman

I still feel like this and HBOmax are streamers that are not for the cord cutters. They are essentially pretenders, because they still have other .coms out there sitting with all of their content, so until they shut those down (which they'll never do) and really push everything to the stramers

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Ready for Halloween!
We have Kim Possible and Flame Princess making bacon pancakes (I assume this was filmed long before quarantine).

Who wants to bet when Oaxis launches, it'll just be the Noog Network with family-friendly public domain content added in?
CNC
How come every time I try to associate with a social media account on my profile, I'm getting an error message?

To everyone reading this: You're one in a million. In other words, you're special.