Naruto "An Unrivaled Match: Hokage Battle Royale" Talkback (Spoilers)

What Do You Think Of This Ultimate Showdown?

• ***.5 Stars (Delivers A Solid Kick Into Indiana Jones)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • **.5 (Beats Gettting Hit By A Chop From Jackie Chan At Least)

• *.5 Stars (This Ain't Why Anime Freaks Get Off At Naruto)

• .5 Stars (This Was One Sour Lemon...Demon)

• 0 Stars (Reserved For Tom Cruise To Garner Attention At)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
That's Right. Today You Get A Marathon Of Episode 67-70 As well As Two (Not One) New Episodes Of...

toonami192.jpg
naruto.jpg

Japanese Title: “Absolutely Incomparable! A Hokage-Level Battle!
English Title: "An Unrivaled Match: Hokage Battle Royale!"

Last Time: While Sasuke continued chasing after the sand ninja trio (mainly the still injured Gaara being aided by Temari and Kankuro) and The third Hokage continued staring at the first and second Hokage's spirits that are about to fight him thanks to Oorchimaru, Naruto, Sakura Shikmaru and Pakkun noticed they were being chased after by a bunch of Sound ninja. Being outnumbered and outskilled Shikmaru relayed they're only chance of continuing on is if one would act as a decoy to let the others go free and he nominated himself as the role of said decoy. Naruto and Sakura left (Naru sure Shika could handle it while Sak had her doubts) and Shikamaru was able to trap eight of the sound ninja following him. The only two problems were he had very little energy left to hold them and a ninth hidden ninja made attacking them impossible. So when it looked like he would be screwed over, his teacher Asuma came to save the day (and his hide) and take out all nine of the sound ninja. While Shkimaru enjoys a much needed breather the others continue going after Sasuke as they continue hoping along the treebranches leading them closer to what could very well be they're doom if they weren't you know the main characters and all.

Tonight: Finally we get some more of the actual Hokage battling that's been teased at us for two weeks as the first and second are first to take on the third. But how will the Third Fare against the two who helped create Konohagure in the first place? Watch and find out.

Characters (NOTE: Just to be save I'm putting all these in spoiler tags even though there aren't any real major spoilers here. Never hurts to be too careful you know).

Naruto Uzumaki (Age: 12, Allegiance: Leaf): Our loudmouthed protagonist, Naruto has grown up completely alone because of the 9 tailed fox sealed inside him. His one desire is to become Hokage and receive the acknowledgment of the other villagers. His special technique is Shadow Clone Jutsu (Kage Bunshin no jutsu), and he has now learned the Summoning Jutsu (Kuchiyose no Jutsu) from Jiraiya. He defeated Neji in the Main Fights, and has heard part of the story of how Gaara was born, realizing he has similarities between the Sand Ninja Genin and making him think that no one can take this guy on, perhaps not even Sasuke. Currently chasing after Sasuke with Sakura and Pakkun and won't play too much of a role in this ep as the focus is on...
3rd Hokage (Age: 68, Allegiance: Leaf): The wise leader of the Village Hidden by Leaves, he is the strongest ninja in the whole village. He looks out for all of the villagers, and is revered by everyone. However he is currently in a heap of danger thanks to one of his former students....

Orochimaru(Age: 50, Allegiance: Sound): A deadly ninja who left the Village Hidden in the Leaves years ago. He resealed the Demon Fox in Naruto, and gave Sasuke a Cursed Seal. Orochimaru summons snakes, and has many strange features with his body, such as a snake like tongue, and the ability to extend his neck. He has been posing as the Kazekage for the final round of the Chunin Exam and only revealed himself once the attack began. He grabbbed the Hokage but let go because he enjoys "moving targets" and wants to battle his former sensei one on one. Then he decided to mess with the old man's mind and revive a couple of ancient warriros to fight the Third instead. And those would be...

First Hokage (Age: ??, Allegiance: Formerly Leaf, Now Forced To Be Sound) Not much is really known about him other then he's the first Hokage of the leaf village and one of the founders along with...

Second Hokage (Age: ??, Allegiance; Formerly Leaf, Now Forced To Be Sound) The second Hokage that helped the first foound Konohagure and is the one who appointed the third for the position after he stopped being Hokage. Now he and the first are forced to fight the old man thanks to Oorchimaru. Don't that just beat all?

Other Notable Characters: These guys don't have enough of an important role to get bios for but do appear in the episode. So be on the lookout for...

Sasuke
Temari
Kankuro
Gaara
Konohamru
And someone who hasn't been seen in weeks. I'm not saying who.

SPOILERS: Obviously there aren't any Naruto spoilers allowed on this forum in these talkbacks. I don't know how many times I can say that before people start to listen but I'm saying it now regardless.

Well that's it. Enjoy this and the other episode that airs tonight!

Last edited by a moderator:

bigddan11

Justice must be served!
I know it's being nitpicky, but apparently you posted a few seconds early, and I'd really prefer if you used both parts of the talkback image:
toonami192.jpg
naruto.jpg

ClockStomper

One who loves naked Kagome
I've been looking forward to seeing the big Hokage showdown, so I'm saddened it's in one of those episodes with the c-grade animation quality. I hate when the character models are totally off.

Before people get angry, I'm well aware that budget issues effect all animated shows. However, it seems particularly jarring with this show. I wish, if they knew they had to have an "off" episode, it would have been the previous episode. In that one, the plot revolved around drama rather than action, as our fear of Shikamaru dying would be just as powerful no matter the animation quality.

Dead_Ninja_000

I always thought it was weird to have this episodes animation, be...well weird.:sweat: Okay it's not weird, as a matter of fact it's cool, its just that it's weird to see the next episodes after this one be the regular animation.

RomanMack

You know... The only episode which had this kind of fluid animation, but didn't sacrifice the art... Was in the first episode Naruto turned Kyuubi on Haku.

What the hell happened to that animation team? That episode (at least for that part) was movie quality...

Dead_Ninja_000

You know... The only episode which had this kind of fluid animation, but didn't sacrifice the art... Was in the first episode Naruto turned Kyuubi on Haku.

What the hell happened to that animation team? That episode (at least for that part) was movie quality...
Guess they can only do it for "special occasions"

:haruhi:

And what the hell is up with the Poll Neo Mike?

I have different opinions than you, geeze get over it. This is no joke and I hope the mods make you change it.

Thank you MODS!!!!
There's a least some justic in this world...

Last edited by a moderator:

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
And what the hell is up with the Poll Neo Mike?

I have different opinions than you, geeze get over it. This is no joke and I hope the mods make you change it.

Thank you MODS!!!!
There's a least some justic in this world...

Sorry about the polls Dead Ninja. I just meant it as a little joke and a way of making your realize there's a price to pay for always voting zero. I didn't mean it as anything too offensive though and I'm glad it was changed if it was really ticking you off.

Captain Zechs

Lol, if I had gone for it I would have gotten it. But, I was way to tired, and I didn't feel like staying up :)

But yeah, Finally we get some action, not standing around or jumping on trees. I am looking forward to this episode.

Baseball

gyroball
I've been looking forward to seeing the big Hokage showdown, so I'm saddened it's in one of those episodes with the c-grade animation quality. I hate when the character models are totally off.
I love this style. The character models are actually pretty good for this episode (Except Orochimaru a few times), but that's sacrificed to show the viewer just how powerful and awesome these guys are. Watch it before you make your final judgement--it's a good one.

Sinsio

Love me, hate me

I have a different take on the animation and was quite impressed. Personally, I would rate the animation quite a bit higher than a C-. I take into account two things when I consider the rating.

1) Movement is the centerpiece of the animation in this large battle themed episode. The fluidity of the characters' movements are very well done. There is less detail and that is a fair trade off in my book. If the focus of the episode had been standing around talking, I would have rated the animation differently. The only show that pulls off both detail and animation well is Avatar and they have a significantly larger budget compared with this show.

2) Taking budget into account, there is a choice of either medium quality nonstop episodes or high quality episodes from a single studio with a long , long hiatus. Obviously, Naruto went with the former and employs multiple animation studios with varying results. Once again, there is a trade off and I take this into account when I rate an episode's animation.

A- for odd body proportions which distracted from the action at times. That, as an artist, is unexcusable. Otherwise, a solid animation job.

Demonic Raven

I love when this animation team does the episodes. The episodes they do are always my favorites. There was Sasuke vs Orochimaru in the Forest of Death, this episode, [oldspoiler]"Friends" which comes much later on[/oldspoiler], and probably only a couple of others. Anyway, I love this style and they should have used it more often.

FightingDreamer

Mutant on the Rise

Well, so was Zabuza's last hurrah when he kills all those gangsters and Gato with just a kunai in his mouth. And the Forest of Death fight between Sasuke and Orochimaru used that style.

azurues

Souten Ni Zase
If you are in the least bit intrested in the Naruto universe you will highly regret missing this episode! The animation is different (I think in a very good way :D) and you will probably notice the difference in the first few minutes when Pakkun drops on Naruto's hair.

This will be epic!

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
And is Shonen Jump up to date with the Naruto manga?
How do you mean? The English manga appears in Shonen Jump before it appears in graphic novel form. If you mean compared to the Japanese manga: No freaking way. The Japanese manga passed this point years and years ago and are now well into what is known as "Part II" (which occurs more or less 3 years later with many of the ninja sporting new clothes, including Naruto, who gets an updated black-and-orange streamlined jumpsuit [and upgrades his headband from 80's TMNT to 2K3 TMNT]).

RomanMack

Well, so was Zabuza's last hurrah when he kills all those gangsters and Gato with just a kunai in his mouth. And the Forest of Death fight between Sasuke and Orochimaru used that style.
The Zabuza slaughter, yes.

But by the time the Forest of Death appeared, the art was sacrificed for the animation.

Lord Dolmus

How do you mean? The English manga appears in Shonen Jump before it appears in graphic novel form. If you mean compared to the Japanese manga: No freaking way. The Japanese manga passed this point years and years ago and are now well into what is known as "Part II" (which occurs more or less 3 years later with many of the ninja sporting new clothes, including Naruto, who gets an updated black-and-orange streamlined jumpsuit [and upgrades his headband from 80's TMNT to 2K3 TMNT]).

So wish one do most of you read?

And is the Japanese one written in Japanese characters? cause I only know english and borderline spanish.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts