Namor the Sub-Mariner in Animation: A Retrospective

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I started a retrospective on Aquaman over on the DC forum, so I figured one for Namor would be appropriate as well. Besides, if he'll eventually appear on Avengers Assemble, it'll be easier for me to simply update this thread, rather than start it from scratch.

Prince Namor the Sub-Mariner debuted in Marvel Comics #1 (from October 1939), published by Timely Comics - the predecessor of today's Marvel Comics company. He was created by writer-artist Bill Everett and soon became one of the most popular characters from the Golden Age of Comic Books, alongside the likes of Captain America and the original, android version of the Human Torch (all three of them would later be known as the super-hero team the Invaders). He became mostly known as an anti-hero, starting in the 60s when he was featured in a number of Fantastic Four comics. His attraction to Sue Storm, the Invisible Woman often caused conflict with the other heroes and lead to some pretty interesting stories.

Namor is a mutant, the result of being the son of a human sea captain and an Atlantean princess. He possesses super-strength, can breathe both underwater and on land, and has the ability to fly (thanks to the tiny wings on his ankles), among other neat powers though he needs to come into contact with water every so often to replenish his strength. He rules over Atlantis and protects it from anything he considers a threat, be it other Atlantean villains (like Attuma or Warlord Krang), or threats from the surface world or even other alien worlds. Throughout the years he has both aided and confronted other heroes from the Marvel Universe, including the Fantastic Four, the Avengers or the Defenders.

His first animated appearances were on the Marvel Super Heroes Show, which aired in syndication in 1966 and featured five of Marvel's superheroes starring in their own series each one consisting of 13 episodes (separated into three 7-minutes long segments). This show had very limited animation, and was composed almost entirely of actual comic book panels with a voice-over; basically an early version of today's motion-comics. Namor, voiced by John Vernon (who also voiced Iron Man in his own segments, and Major Glenn Talbot in the Incredible Hulk segments), starred in his own segment unsurprisingly titled Prince Namor the Sub-Mariner. Each episode was a pretty faithful adaptation of a comic book story, and most plots saw Namor having to fight Attuma (4 times) or Warlord Krang (3 times). Also present in most of the stories was Lady Dorma, his main love interest.

UEq9xbz.png

The first episode, titled "Peril in the Surface World", features a short explanation of Namor's origin. In the story, an ill, amnesiac Namor travels to the surface world where after being chased by the police (because of a misunderstanding) he ends up being saved by two mysterious men who work for an elderly lady, who tells Namor his origin - his father was human and his mother was the princess of Atlantis. The lady turns out to be his grandmother, the late sea captain's mother. Overall it's a pretty decent episode and I liked that the series began with some kind of an origin story.

Next we have a neat story-arc, spread throughout two half-hour episodes featuring Warlord Krang as the main antagonist and Namor's quest to reclaim his throne. First in "The Start of the Quest!", Namor is overthrown by Krang and imprisoned. Lady Dorma sets him free, and Namor plans on leaving on a journey to find the Trident of King Neptune which would prove his right to rule over Atlantis. His journey is filled with dangers - both tests placed by Neptune himself, but also some traps set by Krang to ensure his new position as ruler of Atlantis.

After Namor manages to pass the first tests and survive Krang's traps, the story continues in "Not All My Power Can Save Me!" where Krang plans his attack on the surface world, and wishes to marry Lady Dorma. When she refuses, Krang imprisons her and sentences her to be banished to the land of the Faceless Ones. Namor manages to save Dorma in time, and find the Trident of Neptune in order to regain his rightful place as monarch of Atlantis. As punishment for his treason, Krang is banished from the kingdom, but he swears vengeance on the Sub-Mariner.

In "Atlantis Under Attack", Lord Vashti one of Namor's most trusted subjects is accused of betraying his monarch's trust and stole the sacred Trident of Neptune (which Namor just spent two episodes trying to find...) It's revealed that Attuma (making his debut on the show) is the one responsible for the disappearance of the sacred trident, and the one who imprisoned Vashti inside a cave guarded by a man-monster (whatever that means), in a plot to keep Namor occupied while he attacks the kingdom. By the end of the episode Namor saves his friends and defeats Attuma in combat. Attuma is also banished from the kingdom for his acts of treason and at Vashti's advice, he is humiliated in front of the people of Atlantis before being exiled.

Thanks to the pretty loose continuity between the episodes, Attuma returns in the next episode titled "The Thing From Space", where he once again attacks Atlantis with his army of barbarians. Attuma is easily defeated by Namor but luck is on his side that day as soon he discovers a giant robot from an alien world which fell into the ocean, and realizes he's able to control the invincible weapon. The robot is ordered by Attuma to destroy Prince Namor, and he nearly succeeds in its mission as nothing seems able to stop the machine. Namor himself confronts the robot and tries commanding the creatures of the sea to aid him in the fight, but they are powerless in front of the alien machine. When all seems lost, the robot is stopped by the alien race that dropped it in the water in the first place, and taken back with them into outer space.

TqEEGuz.png

In "To Conquer a Crown" Namor's cousin Byrrah, the munitions master of Atlantis plots to dethrone the Prince by spreading rumors that Namor is a warmonger and challenges him to a duel which would settle who is fit to rule the kingdom. After cheating and poisoning Namor, and thus winning the challenge, Byrrah plans on using both Attuma and Krang with their armies to ensure his new position. Namor is taken hostage and kept inside a sealed pit. Thanks to two of Byrrah's men who agree to help Lady Dorma once they are promised more money than their current employer is giving them, Namor is freed and defeats all his enemies and reclaims the throne of Atlantis.

Next Part: Namor on The Marvel Super Heroes (continued)!

Medinnus

Staff member
Shame there isn't more Namor! Although with Attuma on the radar for MAA, I have my hopes!

RoryWilliams

I always wondered if the stigma against Aquaman might be why we haven't gotten more Namor in television. For such a prominent part of the MU, he's had very few appearances.

Medinnus

Staff member
I always wondered if the stigma against Aquaman might be why we haven't gotten more Namor in television. For such a prominent part of the MU, he's had very few appearances.

I would find that hard to believe, as I don't know anyone who really equates the two...

RoryWilliams

They're both fish-dudes, and Aquaman has the reputation of being the lamest superhero there is. I could see Marvel trying to downplay the fact that they have their own fishy guy.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Continuing this rundown of Namor's first animated appearances...

"To Walk Amongst Men" features a surprise appearance by doctor Hank Pym (though none of his super-hero alter-egos are mentioned during the episode and Janet Van Dyne is nowhere to be seen, though she apparently was featured in the original comic story this episode is based on), as the leader of a scientific expedition whose purpose is to drill to the bottom of the ocean trying to learn the origin of all life. Unbeknownst to them their experiment causes huge earthquakes in Atlantis, which force Namor to travel to the surface world and confront the ones responsible for this new danger. The rest of the episode is all about Namor having to fight the Behemoth, a beast created by the best scientists of Atlantis ages ago, to protect their kingdom from any danger - but the beast was so powerful it became a menace to the ones it was supposed to protect, and thus it was buried deep under Atlantis. But the earthquakes from the beginning of the episode freed the creature from its prison and Namor is the only one who can stop the Behemoth.

ny4xEuo.png

The next episode is titled "The World Within", and the main enemy of the story is Zantor. This character was briefly seen in a previous episode ("Not All My Power Can Save Me!"), and here it's revealed he was once banished from Atlantis by the Sub-Mariner and now wants revenge. He shoots a virus above the kingdom, which causes all Atlanteans to stone - Namor is the only one immune to this plague, as he is half-human. Learning that the only cure for such a disease is the X-Atom, Namor leaves on a quest to retrieve this element which leads him to a microscopic universe where he must defeat amoebas and atomic guardians. Father Neptune considers Namor worthy enough to wield the X-Atom and sends him back to his land. Zantor wishes to obtain the X-Atom for himself and attacks Namor before he could reach the city of Atlantis, but the Sub-Mariner easily defeats the villain and manages to save the lives of his people.

In "Beware the Siren Song" the wicked siren Lorelei wishes to make Namor her husband but the Sub-Mariner refuses her as he loves Lady Dorma. Lorelei controls a mud beast he uses to kidnap Dorma and uses a spell to make her and Dorma change appearances so that when Namor arrives to rescue the woman he loves, he would take Lorelei and ignore the real Dorma. Her plan works until at Lord Vashti's advice Namor tricks Lorelei into revealing herself and concocts a plan to bring everything back to normal. In the end the real Dorma is returned to her prince and Lorelei looses her voice, never again will she be able to use her siren song for evil. Overall it was a pretty good episode though I didn't really care for the love story plot - but it was nice to see Namor trick his enemy rather than use his powers.

"Ship of Doom" features another human foe for Namor - Captain Townsend who has discovered the existence of Atlantis and plans to travel there with his crew to collect the rare element gold condiminum (or something like that - apparently a high explosive). First Townsend shoots a torpedo containing a powerful drug in Atlantis, which causes all of its inhabitants to fall into a deep sleep. Namor sets out on a quest to find doctor Drebak - the only one who could possibly find an antidote, but while he is gone Townsend and his men dive to the bottom of the ocean and take over the palace royal of Atlantis. Obviously Namor arrives in time to stop the villains before succeeding, and doctor Drebak appears pretty much out of nowhere at the end with the formula for the antidote, which will work immediately (probably the most convenient ending yet!).

In "The Planet of Doom", Namor investigates some strange rays which are approaching his kingdom, only to be trapped inside a space shuttle and brought to the alien world of Argon. The planet's ruler Beltor and his mad scientist Melmo explain to the Sub-Mariner that the water resources of their planet are almost gone and wish to use a machine to take all the water from Earth. Since Namor is royalty, they offer him a chance to prove himself in combat - if he wins, he will be set free but if he fails the oceans of our planet would be taken away. Namor not only survives the tests but also finds a way to save the strange planet, and wins the right to be sent back to Atlantis.

And that brings us to the best remembered episode of this show, "Dr. Doom's Day" (three Doom titles in a row!). Combining elements from two classic Fantastic Four comics (Fantastic Four #6 and Annual #3) keeping Dr. Doom as the main villain and all the other minor villains gathered in the original story, as well as most of the heroes seen in the comic but substituting the Fantastic Four with the five original X-Men, and Professor Xavier - and to top it all off, they're called the Allies for Peace. I'm guessing the company that produced this series (Grantray-Lawrence) didn't have the rights to use the Fantastic Four, as the following year Hanna-Barbera would produce an animated series featuring the quartet of heroes, where Namor wasn't able to appear - more about that in the next part of this retrospective, though.

SW8assf.png

Namor's role pretty much remains unchanged from the books, first being tricked by Dr. Doom into believing the Allies for Peace are his enemies, and then sent to infiltrate the Pace Building to place Doom's latest invention - a magnetic grabber - to send the building flying into space until everyone inside remains without air to breathe. The Sub-Mariner saves the day by leaping from meteorite to meteorite until reaching Doom's spacecraft and stopping the magnetic field before the building is thrown into the Sun.

Zantor returns in the final episode, "Let the Stranger Die" (though the story is told via flashback, so who knows when the action actually takes place). This time Zantor has managed to entrap Namor and uses a machine to send the Sub-Mariner back in time, to Ancient Rome, where the hero encounters Emperor Nero who forces him to fight against his gladiators in the Colosseum and later confront Volcanus the fire demon. Namor succeeds in all of his trials and manages to find a way back to his own time before tampering anymore with the natural course of history (it's also revealed that the fire demon was the one responsible for burning most of Rome during Nero's rule).

Overall, the show is pretty good but I always found these Namor segments the most boring ones - at least when compared to the likes of Thor or Captain America. The stories are pretty faithful adaptations of comics from that period (more or less) and I appreciate that they didn't use the same story-lines over and over again (something latter cartoons featuring the Sub-Mariner would be guilty of). The episodes are decent enough and are worth watching - I'm guessing bigger fans of this character would find them even more entertaining than I did.

Next Stop: Prince Namor on Fantastic Four (1967) (as "Prince Triton"), Spider-Man (1981) and Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends!

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
In 1967 the Fantastic Four received their first animated series, produced by Hanna-Barbera which aired on ABC, every Saturday morning. As I mentioned in the previous part, the Grantray-Lawrence studios could not obtain the rights to the Fantastic Four characters to star in an episode of Prince Namor the Sub-Mariner. In turn this Fantastic Four cartoon could not use the Namor character and substituted him with Prince Triton - basically the same as comic book Namor, just colored blue (as all other Atlanteans seen here), and wearing a crown on his head throughout the episode, hiding his pointed years. Other than that, no real changes in either his background or personality though the name of his kingdom has been changed to Pacifica.

This Triton was voiced by Mike Road, and appeared in the episode titled "Danger in the Depths". In this story (based on the classic Fantastic Four #33) Lady Dorma travels to the surface world to ask the Fantastic Four for help. The barbarian Attuma has overthrown Prince Triton and become the new ruler of Pacifica. As t turns out, Dorma was partially responsible for all this - she helped Attuma gain access to the palace royal and now wishes to set things right. The Fantastic Four agree to help and after using one of Reed's newest inventions (which will allow them to breathe underwater) set out on their mission to Pacifica.

The episode is pretty great - it has a decent story and some good fight scenes. The special effects to show us the battles take place underwater become a little distracting and annoying at times but other than that it's all good. Each member of the team gets at least one good scene to showcase his or her powers in the fight with Attuma's army, and once Namor/Triton appears he gets some neat moments as well. His final fight with Attuma is good though it is kind of brought down by the somewhat limited animation (but still better than the cartoon from the previous year!) and repeated scenes. Overall though it's a good episode and it's a good addition to this chronicle of Namor's animated appearances throughout the years, even if he has a different name here.
0xvSFcS.png

Some elements from other classic Fantastic Four stories featuring the Sub-Mariner would also be used in other episodes of this show. Giganto, the giant monstrous whale Namor could control and which he sent to fight the Fantastic Four (first seen in issue #4 from 1962), is featured in the episode titled "Demon of the Deep". But instead of Namor (or even Triton, as the previous episode ended with the Atlantean Prince and the Fantastic Four being on friendly terms), its master here was Professor Gamma - a new original villain created specifically for this show, who would transform into the monstrous Gamma Ray thanks to some radiation during the course of the episode.

Using his new found radiation powers, Gamma Ray awakes the prehistoric monster from the bottom of the ocean and sends it on a rampage throughout the city. The Fantastic Four defeat it - thanks to Ben Grimm who volunteers to go inside the whale carrying a giant bomb strapped on his back. Giganto is destroyed (in a pretty shocking scene) and the day is saved. The evil Gamma Ray is last seen sinking into the ocean, vowing revenge on the heroes. All in all, a pretty good episode.

In 1981 Spider-Man received a new animated series, which aired in syndication and was originally intended as a continuation of the 1967 Spider-Man cartoon, and also soon became to be considered a prequel of some sorts to the more memorable Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends. Namor appeared in "Wrath of the Sub-Mariner", where his cousin Namorita falls ill due to the pollution from Kingpin's latest invention. Namor travels to the surface world and after leaving his cousin in the care of a doctor, a certain Don Blake (whose alter ego we don't get to see in this episode), he leaves on a quest to find the ones responsible for this.

nrfdS3J.png

There's a lot of stuff going on this episode - from the aforementioned pollution plot, to Namor's attempt at making J. Jonah Jameson aware of the pollution of the seas, up to Spidey trying to break up the alliance between Kingpin and other crime lords, all leading up to a team-up of Spidey and Namor to defeat all these foes. Lots of funny moments as well (one I found particularly interesting was Spidey mentioning that Kingpin and the other mobsters gathered together to film "The Godfather, Part 3" - it really dates this episode but I found it pretty hilarious).

In the end obviously the good guys win and Namor realizes not all surface dwellers are bad - the most notable exceptions he has encountered that day being Spidey and Don Blake who has managed to cure his cousin in the meantime. Overall, a pretty great episode. I thought Namor here was used pretty well and his voice actor did a decent job (though I have no idea who it was - can't really find a credit anywhere online).

The Sub-Mariner next appears on Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends, an animated show that started airing on NBC in fall of 1981. This show saw Spider-man teaming up with Iceman and Firestar (a character created specially for the animated series), as a trio known as the "Spider-Friends". The show featured guest appearances and cameos from a lot of other Marvel Comics characters, and Namor (voiced by William Woodson) appears in the episode titled "7 Little Superheroes", which featured well, seven characters from the Marvel Universe in a story inspired by the "10 Little Indians" classic.

HVbZn86.png

In this story the Chameleon (who keeps talking in rhyme for some reason) sets a trap for the Spider-Friends, Captain America, Doctor Strange, Shana the She-Devil and Namor the Sub-Mariner - all of them have apparently thwarted his plans in the past, and now he seeks revenge. The episode is lots of fun though, with Chameleon trapping the heroes one by one and then masquerading as the captive heroes to trick the others. In the end only Spidey remains and manages to stop the villain with the help of Miss Lions - Aunt May's pet dog, which Spidey and his friends just happened to bring along with them on this mission.

As for Namor, well he doesn't really get to do that much in this adventure but I think the way he was trapped by the Chameleon has become one of the most memorable aspects of this episode (or maybe of the entire show): wishing to replenish his strength inside a pool of water, the Sub-Mariner jumps in only to discover the pool was filled with alcohol, which burned his skin and weakened him even more. All in all, a very enjoyable episode.

Next Time: Prince Namor on Fantastic Four (1994), Avengers: United They Stand and Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes!

Stu

Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Namor's delivery of 'Alcohol!' when he dived into the pit of alcohol was arguably the shows funniest moment. I remember howling with laughter from that scene.

7 Little Superheroes is a brilliant piece of superhero fiction. While it makes no sense that the heroes would turn up to some random house without suspecting a trap, the charm of the show shines through. Amazing Friends is obviously very dated and cheesy by today's standards, but a lot of fun was to be had.

Hypestyle

I'd like to see Namor in a new animated series. At the very least a part of a team like the Defenders. They should include his updated black outfit.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
A new Fantastic Four animated series started airing in 1994, paired with an Iron Man animated series airing in a block named The Marvel Action Hour. But, both these series were pretty bad. The stories were more or less faithful to the comics but the character designs and animations were bad, making the first seasons of both these shows hard to sit through.

After having a small cameo in the first episode (continuity wasn't all that important during this show) Namor is properly introduced in the episode titled "Now Comes the Sub-Mariner". In this story he first tries to attack the surface world because all of the pollution it has caused to his home-world of Atlantis, but is defeated by the Fantastic Four. In this first encounter he also meets Sue Storm the Invisible Woman whom he feels attracted to and plans on bringing her with him to become his queen. Notably, this is also pretty much the only cartoon to really touch on the Namor/Sue romance.

n4RUGEW.png

Meanwhile warlord Krang wishes to lead an attack on the surface world taking control of Namor's armies since he believes the Sub-Mariner isn't fit to rule anymore. Also present is Lady Dorma, who tries to make Namor notice her while also rejecting Krang's advances but devises a plan to aid Krang in his plans when she sees Namor only has eyes for Sue Storm.

The story isn't presented very well; some parts are very rushed and other moments don't make that much sense. In the end though Namor finds himself fighting alongside the Fantastic Four to stop the Atlantean armies from conquering New York City. Lady Dorma is badly injured during the fight but thanks to Reed Richards' newest invention she survives and rejoins her Sub-Mariner prince in Atlantis.

Overall a decent enough episode but nothing spectacular and not really worth watching. Unfortunately Namor didn't appear again on the show, during its second and much improved season. Though somewhat worth mentioning is that his cousin, Namorita is briefly seen in the episode "Doomsday" (the second season featured cameos from lots of other Marvel super heroes).

The Avengers: United they Stand animated series started airing in the late 90s also on Fox Kids. The show lasted for only 13 episodes; it didn't feature any of the more well-known Avengers as regular characters (although Iron Man and Captain America did guest-star each in one episode), and the heroes had some silly armors they had to wear during their missions - as well as various models, such as jungle armor. Overall, the show was pretty bad and none of the characters ever did anything that interesting, making the show very boring and forgettable. I never really liked any of the characters featured on this show (though to be fair I was never a big fan of either Ant-Man, Wasp, Hawkeye or any of the others, at least until Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes premiered).

Namor (voiced by Raoul Trujillo) appeared in the episode titled "To Rule Atlantis", where the Avengers investigate the origin of powerful earthquakes all around the world, leading them to Atlantis where they discover the kingdom has also been the target of such disasters. The one responsible for this is revealed to be Attuma the barbarian. There are also some side-plots about Tigra trying to overcome her fear of being underwater, and the Vision weakening because of the lack of sunlight.

75yIicu.png

Overall it's a pretty boring episode - though the same can be said about the entire series, which was pretty much a mess and I personally wouldn't recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it before.

The Fantastic Four received yet another new animated series, called Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes, which premiered in 2006, and originally aired on the Cartoon Network. Namor appeared two times during this show, each time voiced by Michael Adamthwaite. His design here looks pretty cool (I think this is my favorite design for him in animation so far).

He first appears in "Imperious Rex" where he plans on denying the surface world access to the seas, and sends his undersea monsters to attack places near the waters. The Fantastic Four try to reason with him, resulting in them being trapped in Atlantis. We get a neat little reference to Namor's origin - he mentions his father was a human (and thus, as Sue puts it he speaks English better than half of her team). Namor agrees to stop his attacks on the surface world if Sue remains with him in Atlantis. He changes his mind though after the heroes fight him again and promise to try and help by stopping the surface world from accidentally continuing to destroy his undersea kingdom. The episode is pretty good - there's lots of action, and the interactions between the characters is pretty entertaining.

8NfCl4h.png

Namor returns in "Atlantis Attacks", where he (not surprisingly) asks the Fantastic Four to help him reclaim his kingdom, which has been taken over by (again, not surprisingly) Attuma. Basically the same plot that has been used the most times in the cartoons where Namor has guest-starred. The episode is good though, it has plenty of fight scenes with some comedic scenes spread throughout as well. Plus I though the interactions between Namor and the heroes (mostly Ben and Johnny) were great.

And that's it - at least for now. Namor hasn't been seen in any animated show for years but hopefully he will return soon. I've never been a huge fan of the character but I liked his animated appearances for the most part. This thread will be updated when (or if) he'll show up in any cartoon in the future.

Stu

Marvel Animation Age Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I think Namor has had a pretty terrible animation track record. The first season of the FF show was God awful in every aspect and The Avengers cartoon was even worse. If I remember correctly, the Namor episode is one of the better episodes and it still sucks. (This was a hard website to sit through, despite me personally not providing any reviews for it. I don't actually remember a lot about the show, beyond hating it!)

I did enjoy his appearances in World's Greatest Heroes, my favourite line from Johnny, with his wisecrack about next time Namor shows up, he shouldn't be wearing his sisters pants. I always thought the show was vastly understated, personally.

King_of_doom

kiva fan
Nice work on mentioning all of the appearances of Namor. I personally regret he didn't show up in Avengers: EMH that would have been awesome. AA might show him but don't have high hopes that it will be epic.

Hypestyle

Sub-Mariner's nominal mutant status led Marvel editors to shoehorn him into the X-Men comics for a while. I wonder would he ever show up in a near-future X-Men cartoon show. I'd still like to see an animated straight-to-DVD feature, though I suspect for marketing purposes it would have to be developed as some kind of team-up adventure with an established Avengers character like Captain America or Iron Man. [and I still want to have all those GrantRay-Lawrence episodes on DVD, bless Neptune...]

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
With Namor set to make his live-action debut in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever soon, I thought it would be nice to bump this thread. It's been over 9 years since the last update, and funnily enough there's really no need for an update this time, as Namor hasn't been animated in about 15 years, though things might change following the movie's release.

So, looking back, are there any more comments on Namor's career in animation? Any thoughts on the more recent version of a war between Atlantis and Wakanda, as seen on Avengers: Black Panther's Quest, where Namor doesn't even exist? Anything you'd like to see in regards to Namor in future animated projects? (And please leave out spoilers for Wakanda Forever for few weeks once the movie is out... the movie can be discussed here - "Black Panther: Wakanda Forever" Feature Talkback).

As a side-note, I realize I haven't updated any other of my retrospectives for either DC or Marvel in years, though there have been some occasions like characters getting their own shows (i.e., Loki, Hawkeye, She-Hulk), or their shows ending (i.e. Green Arrow, Supergirl... which should give you an idea how far behind I am on these!). I'll try and have more stuff next year, but can't make any promises.

Last edited:

the greenman

I remember watching his show when I was very little on a UHF station. Along with the few short Marvel & DC cartoons with the jazzy theme songs.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

TUO

Namor The Sub Mariner didn’t appear in
the 2010s marvel cartoon. It would have been cool to see Namor make an appearance in Avengers Earth Mightiest Heroes or Hulk And Agents Of Smash back in the day.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts