Takao

Fight the darkness all around
mysticons-nickelodeon-teletoon-nicktoons-ytv-nelvana-658x250.png

Mysticons is centered around four regular kids in the quiet suburb of Castletown who are called into action to double as legendary heroes, known as Mysticons. After discovering a powerful mystical tome, the four friends transform into oath-bonded warriors who leave their regular life of homework, sports and video games to battle fire-breathing dragons, evil knights and barbaric orcs, led by a trio of evil warlords set on destroying all of mankind.

Produced by Nelvana in conjunction with the Tornate Company and Nickelodeon. The series will premiere sometime in August on the Nick channels. In Canada, it'll air in the fall on YTV.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
I really don't care for the new designs, they feel like the people in charge looked at that DC superhero girls and thought " You know we can get some bank off of this".
latest

I mean the image isn't anything revolutionary but at least there is some imagination and thought to the designs. Maybe I'm wrong and this could be a good show but this sort of leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Last edited by a moderator:

jaylop97

Staff member
It looks really decent, I'm glad that Nick is giving this show a chance, It can do well if all goes accordingly.

rockorockorocko

I don't get why creators and animation studios think its wise to air their shows on Nick. I expect this show to get below average promotions, a bad premiere slot, and no reruns that will lead to poor ratings and being relegated to Nick Jr. (seems where they dump girl-centric acquisitions.)

Winx, Regal Academy, Miraculous, Kuu Kuu Harajuku? What would make this show any better on Nick?

SpongieLoud

Bingo Bango!
I think they will probably treat it like miraculous ladybug and air it on Nicktoons. That's probably why the logo is at the end of the trailer

I don't get why creators and animation studios think its wise to air their shows on Nick. I expect this show to get below average promotions, a bad premiere slot, and no reruns that will lead to poor ratings and being relegated to Nick Jr. (seems where they dump girl-centric acquisitions.)

Winx, Regal Academy, Miraculous, Kuu Kuu Harajuku? What would make this show any better on Nick?

kanc

I think they will probably treat it like miraculous ladybug and air it on Nicktoons. That's probably why the logo is at the end of the trailer
Few episodes Miraculous did get dumped to nicktoons but rest season 1 burned to Nickelodeon, and season 2 and season 3 ended up on Netflix.

Regal Academy has not been dumped to NickJr, unlikely whether Nick USA or other networks will air season 2

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Corus has revealed a bit more info about their plans for Mysticons:

Season one will have 40 episodes;

The shows social media presence is part of a larger social and digital media content strategy involving more than 80 pieces of short-form original content supporting the brand, including intros to stories and settings in the Mysticons world, DIY videos how to transform into a Mysticon, and more live-action content that will be available to fans throughout the season;

In addition, web games and an adventure role-playing app-based game will launch this fall.

Mandouga

Okay, everybody. Look. When I first of this show, I was excited until I heard the name "Michael Eisner". Now, according to Wikipedia (yeah yeah, but this is all I've got), he doesn't seem to have a direct involvement with this show, but after he nearly ran Disney into the ground (AND his effects can still be felt today...from a certain point of view; it's a long story), you can't really blame me for being cautious. In any case, I've decided to take a chance on this show.

That said however, what concerns me more is what kind of show this really is. That is to say, is it the superhero adventure show it claims to be, or is it just going to another glorified/metaphorical sitcom that focuses more on their non-superhero lives, all so it can please certain groups of people (i.e., even if it means patronizing everybody else, by [among other things] insulting their intelligence, and generally assuming that they don't know any better even they do)? Even then however, I'm also hoping they don't rely on the same stereotypical melodrama-style writing that either implies a possible tragic ending, and/or tries too hard to "humanize" the characters so it can be more "realistic" in the short term (in other words, the kind of writing that focuses more on the problem and less on the solution).

In short, we're here to see a superhero show, not to be reminded of what we already know, and I really hope this turns out to be the genuine article, Eisner or not.

Mandouga

Okay, everybody, I just saw the first episode on their website, and long story short, we may be looking at another deconstruction. While I did like the plot twist involving:

The fake Dragon Disc.

All I've otherwise seen so far is more of the same generic writing. First we have a part that starts out as generic sitcom style comedy, then starts becoming generic (melo)drama. Among other things, I didn't like the mother's "drama queen" personality (it's a pun; get it?...), or her generic "I don't think my children understand how serious this is, so I'll have to impress upon them, even if they think they understand" attitude, though I didn't expect her (and her husband) to "stiffen up" more than she already is (Oh yeah, the mom is queen of the land, by the way, and one of the Mysticons is the princess, but that's not completely relevant)...

All in all, this show has already become a liability. People have already seen Avatar: The Last Airbender, and (especially) the 2012 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series. It is my hope that this show can avoid the mistakes those shows have made, and improve itself. Stil, we'll see what happens one way or the other when this show premieres on TV this month.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I've seen the first episode - and unlike The Loud House, Welcome to The Wayne, what's left of Harvey Beaks that I'm looking forward to, and the occasional recording of Sanjay and Craig I have, there's not really anything for me to care about here.

Take care, guys.

Anonymoususer2004

Excelsior!
I watched Mysticons and it just seems like a generic Western magical girl show. The girl with the pink hair is really annoying, and the girl with the purple hair is a ripoff of Rainbow Dash. I also don't like how it doesn't give us a proper introduction to their world, and it's also pandering. I would rather watch SpongeBob, The Loud House, TMNT, Harvey Beaks, and Welcome to the Wayne.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts