"My Video Game Stack of Shame" Talkback

Latest News & Videos

TheMisterFree

Aug 21, 2010
Great Meadows, NJ
is BANG your workplace now or are you working someplace else?

Also, have you ever uncovered a game at Fred Meyer that's been sitting on the shelves it's yellowed or has a thick layer of dust on it, Kmart style?

Peter Paltridge

Ay Carumba
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
BANG doesn't really make money. And the thing about Fred Meyer games is that they're behind a glass case all the time, so they don't gather dust at all. They don't let the games sit nearly as long as K-Mart would, which is nice, because it means you get the discounts earlier.

Reactions: TheMisterFree

JoeMabbon

Absentee Guildpact
Aug 8, 2014
Ravnica
Makai Kingdom and Phantom Brave are the only ones I ever completely finished. I’ll never be able to do that again now that I don’t have summer breaks.

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom is fun. Frank West’s VA is worth the price alone.

I had two on my list: Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic for PC and Sonic Gems Collection. Now it’s down to one.

I loved playing KOTOR at my friends house and bought a version from a discount bin at Office Max. Then life happened and I never got around to it. I finally got around to a light side run before Old Republic came out.

I bought Sonic Gems from a Wal-Mart discount bin because I saw that it had Sonic CD and for some reason I thought that SEGA had resolved their issues with the US/JP soundtrack. When I found out they hadn’t I put it to the side and never got around to it. Then the 2011 rerelease came out with both soundtracks, so now it’ll probably never get opened.

Chris

I am a DuMont production.
Sep 15, 2006
Salem, OR.
www.atari2600land.com
I have a still-sealed Legend of Zelda Spirit Tracks game. It was purchased in my DS collecting phase I went through. After a search on eBay and the cheapest sealed copy is >$60, I think I'll never open it.

Dsneybuf

Sep 22, 2011
www.youtube.com
My collection of movies I bought without watching actually feels larger than that of games I bought without playing, especially because of how many boxsets I've bought only for the most popular movies included (eg, the Alien Anthology and the Alfred Hitchcock Masterpiece Collection).

As a more relevant anecdote, the Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection also became our first PS4 disc; I later got A Thief's End (the series' high point) and The Lost Legacy as well.

Reactions: Fone Bone

pacman000

Jun 5, 2017
I rarely get a good chance to play, but I don't have a backlog of unplayed games; I usually buy older games (Atari 2600, Game Boy, PS1,) so I try to test them when I get home.

I wish Fred Mayer was in the South or the Midwest. I went in one once on vacation & it was nice.

Last edited:

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Dec 4, 2015
SO MUCH PAIN
I don't have much of a "real" video game collection but I do have a small Movie Stack of Shame. Mostly I just buy CD's, rip them to my computer and put them on an SD card in my phone. At least I can get my money's worth listening to those that way.

pacman000

Jun 5, 2017
Yeah, I have a movie stack of shame, as my parents before me, & my grandparents before them.

TheMisterFree

Aug 21, 2010
Great Meadows, NJ
I rarely get a good chance to play, but I don't have a backlog of unplayed games; I usually buy older games (Atari 2600, Game Boy, PS1,) so I try to test them when I get home.

I wish Fred Mayer was in the South or the Midwest. I went in one once on vacation & it was nice.
If there's a Kroger Marketplace (or another Kroger nameplate-- they operate under so many different names-- with the Marketplace suffix) around you can-- they're essentially based on FM's hypermarket format.

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Dec 4, 2015
SO MUCH PAIN
also by EB Games you must mean "Electronics Boutique"; here in Canada EB Games is still going and it's our equivalent to Gamestop.