My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Season 9 Talkback

zoombie

So it is finally come to this, the final season of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. A lot has happened in these 9 years. Twilight Sparkle became the Princess of Friendship, and opened the School of Friendship, among others. What do they have in store for season 9.

The Beginning Of The End Part 1

The Mane Six are left in charge of Equestria after receiving news that Princesses Celestia and Luna are retiring

The Beginning Of The End Part 2

King Sombra plans to takeover all of Equestria, while the Mane Six conciliate over the loss of the Elements and Tree of Harmony.

Discuss

zoombie

The Beginning Of The End

This was an okay episode. I could do without the self aware stuff, but not a deal breaker. And I did find them mentioning the princess rarely are useful in these battles to save Equestria.

You know interesting they gave Sombra the spotlight here, making up for the lack of personality he had before. And he went out in all his glory. And he did destroy the elements of harmony, so he did accomplish something.

So look like at the end, setting up redemption for Tirac, Cozy, and Chrysalis. They are scared of this guy.

And lastly Twilight is a verb. I loved that gag.

So off to a good start, RIP Sombra.

TsWade2

When Sombra made a appearance seasons ago, I thought that was very lacking, but when he reappears, that was so much better.

the fact that they kill off Sombra for good just continues to call attention to the fact that so many other villains are let off without even a slap on the wrist. if there was any indication at all the other reformed antagonists faced some sort of consequences, even something implied, I would not keep posting about this.

Radical

Banned
The Beginning of the End Parts 1/2 were amazing/enjoyable, Season 9 off on an awesome start, I'll enjoy Season 9 the final season,

Princess Celestia/Luna retiring having the Mane Six take over is sweet/interesting.
Overwhelmed spazzing Twilight was hilarious, hahahahahaha:D.
Discord messing with the Mane 6, so funny.
Starlight calming down Twilight was great.
Cool seeing Queen Chrysalis, Lord Tirek, King Sombra, and Cozy, Cozy being a horrible ruthless villainess was awesome:D.
Cool to finally see Grogar, yaaaaaaaay:eek::D, awesome classic horrible villain.
Grogar, Queen Chrysalis, Lord Tirek, King Sombra, and Cozy's team-up to beat the Mane 6, best enjoyable villain team-up.
King Sombra to do it on his own on world domination, cool seeing more of his cool evil personality.
King Sombra's evil plan succeeding enslaving the crystal ponies and Princess Cadance/Shining Armor/Flurry Heart was impressive.
The Mane 6 beating King Sombra only for him to return to strike again was great, nice cliffhanger.

King Sombra's evil plan to capture/destroy the Mane 6 on using the Crystal Empire ruse and brainwashing the pony people was sweet/brilliant.
Princess Celestia/Luna and Starswirl to come and stop King Sombra was sweet.
Discord protecting Fluttershy battling King Sombra was sweet, poor Discord injured.
The Mane 6 defeating/killing King Sombra, Rest In Peace King Sombra, he will be missed.
Grogar wanting them to obey him was great/funny for me, hehehe, I'll enjoy more Grogar further episodes:D.
Both Queen Chrysalis/Cozy will redeem soon.
Princess Celestia/Luna congratulating the Mane 6's cool victory was sweet:D.
Princess Celestia/Luna back to ruling was great, the Mane 6 are not ready when the time is right.

zoombie

Uprooted

The Young Six find a way to memorialize the destroyed Tree of Harmony.

Discuss

zoombie

Uprooted

A good episode, showcasing the young six a little bit more and showing how much they grew this past season.

Yona is the feature one and who knew she would be the voice of reasons.

This episode is the closest we ever going to get to showing how to deal with death. No one non evil is ever going to die, at least in the time line of the show. Applejack's parents died, but that was before the show, so it is different.

I wonder if this is a setup for the Mane 6 to pass the torch to the Young 6 in the finale?

glennbyrnes

It could be. I think that this will lead to more stories about them. Their backstories would be nice for one thing.

zoombie

Twilight's Seven

In this 200th episode, Twilight Sparkle and Shining Armor settle a long-term sibling rivalry.

Discuss

zoombie

So this was a Spike episode all along, what a twist. Seriously though this was a fun episode, and like last week's episode, could be plot relevant.

Luna was right on to worry about insiders being a treat, first of all that is what happened last season, and one of the villains we are dealing with is Chrysalis, so we do have to be careful. Can I say Luna stole this episode, we she pouts, she is adorable. And this show has a done a good job the last few seasons giving her a personality, so kudos.

So it this a continuation of "Father Knows Beast", with Spike and his family identification. Though Spike as a little brother to Twilight, I buy that more than son to Twilight.

They has some good gags here, Applejack a pop singer, Rarity wanting to beat up her people, and Fluttershy the spy.

After this episode, you know what I think would like to see Zephyr Brezze and Lightning Dust maybe get together. I could see it, they are kind of perfect for each other. Lightning is defiantly Zpehyr's type, and we know very little about what Lightning is looking for in a special some pony, and would be good development for her, maybe she learned to care about somebody else, she think twice before doing some of the destructive stuff she is doing to herself.

I like seeing more of the princesses have more personality, this episode is a welcome addition.

zoombie

The Point Of No Return

Twilight Sparkle thinks that her favorite librarian at Canterlot Library lost her job due to an overdue book.

Discuss

zoombie

Point of No Return

The episode by the numbers, goes by the book if you will. Still an okay episode, so just Twilight and Spike in this episode. So Twilight perfection thing has not gone away it seems.

So Twilight made a mistake, it can happen to anyone. But what says it all is Twilight but it can't happen to all. I think the princess is putting some undo stress on her.

Great to see Moondancer again, and retirement homes aren't so bad.

Radical

Banned
Both Uprooted and The Point of No Return were sweet/enjoyable,

The Young Six: Gallus, Ocellus, Smolder, Silverstream, Yona, and Sandbar's major focus was sweet, the best characters:D.
The Young Six helping to memorialize the Tree of Harmony was sweet, the poor guys.
The Young Six's ideas were sweet.
Yona the best voice of reason of the Young Six.
The Young Six building a cool treehouse of the Tree of Harmony was sweet.
A new more larger cool treehouse getting created was sweet:anime:.

Cool seeing Derpy, best cute silly minor female pony character.
Twilight to have an overdue library book, yikes, poor Twilight.
Dusty, best likable minor elderly female pony character.
Twilight wanting to return the overdue library book to Dusty was great.
Cool seeing Moon Dancer:anime:.
First Folio is great/interesting.
Spike's best moments along with being a waiter, hahahahaha.
Dusty having a great new career life on freedom was sweet:D.
Twilight to realize it from Dusty was great.
Twilight paying overdue fines and keeping the library book was sweet, poor Twilight to sacrifice her cool best book burrower picture, hehehe:p.

zoombie

Common Ground

Quibble Pants seeks Rainbow Dash's help to bond with his special somepony's daughter.

Discuss

zoombie

Common Ground

So this does tackle a big issue of single parents dating or dating a single parent and how to deal with it. Good episode, because of fairy tales, step parents get a bad name and association people that date single parents, so continue to break the walks down on that negative stereo type.

I honestly forgot about the whole game until now. A good follow up I guess.

I say this thought, Wind Spirit is lucky Twilight was not there, her hating on books, Twilight would have had a heart attack.

All and all good episode. We don't find out what happened to Wind Spirit's dad, and I think it is best to leave that to the imagination.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.

Featured Posts