My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - News & Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juu-kuchi

Everypony's Starry-Eyed
This is definitely going to be an episode that will show whether or not the comic book continuity matches the one with the show, as the comic book suggests that Twilight's mother is the writer of the Daring Do books.
Personally I'm hoping it doesn't become another "Suited for Success" tale of too many cooks spoiling the meal.

ILuvToons

Yellow Pearl got sass!
I'm so excited for season 4, as the rest of you are. From what I've seen, we will find out the origin of the Elements of Harmony, how Twilight will adjust to her new status as princess, as well as wether Celestia and Luna have parents or forces higher than them. Whatever the origin of the E of H is, it's going to involve a tree in there somehow, based on the poster. Can't wait!

SigmasonicX

A discussion over at Round Stable's forums made me realize that when the next My Little Pony series inevitably arrives, we'll probably see a good portion of the current main cast repeated as main characters. Compared to properties like Transformers, MLP hadn't really managed to establish a core set of characters, despite attempts with Firefly and (until now) Pinkie Pie. However, the current set of characters has managed to make such a strong impression that it wouldn't be outlandish for Twilight to become MLP's equivalent of Optimus Prime, as a consistent "main character" figure, and the others more as equivalents of Bumblebee, who is very frequently, but not always, in the main cast. There would be variations, of course: perhaps in the next series, Twilight will start out already as a princess, or she will be called Twilight Primal and transform into a gorilla (HOARS NOT MUNKKY?). I just thought this was an interesting thing to consider.

Lemanic

I imagine the G5 being more darker and more introvert in tone. It's like the transition from Romanesque architecture to Gothic architecture during the middle ages. G4 is like Towern of London right now and G5 would be like Notre Dame in comparison. I would imagine some celebrity brony with a slightly less child-friendly vibe making that show.

Sparkster24

Since this is related to the show, I might as well post about this (hence this was based from the promos before). It looks like there's a sequel to Adventure Ponies (the one based from the promos with Pinkie playing a retro style game), titled: Adventure Ponies 2: Wait! There's More?!. This time it's not the Mane 6, but six other ponies like: Big Macintosh, Shining Armor, Fancy Pants, Spitfire, Zecora, and Soarin' as playable characters this time around. And of course new bosses which i'll cover later. http://www.hubworld.com/my-little-pony/shows/friendship-is-magic/games/mlpfim-adventure-ponies-2

SigmasonicX

Twilight's wings come out of her butt in that DVD cover.
In any case, it's still disappointing that only the first DVD set had commentary.

ILDC

Twilight's wings come out of her butt in that DVD cover.
In any case, it's still disappointing that only the first DVD set had commentary.
I'll admit, I'd love to hear them try to defend episodes like MMC.

Silverstar

Adorable Li'l Monster
Please let the Cutie Mark Crusaders get their cutie marks sometime this season,end their suffering for goodness sake!

If the Cutie Mark Crusaders were to ever get their Cutie Marks, then their 'quest', and consequently their primary character shtick, would be over, and they'd have no reason to be the Cutie Mark Crusaders anymore, so that can't happen, except maybe in the show's final season.

ILDC

If the Cutie Mark Crusaders were to ever get their Cutie Marks, then their 'quest', and consequently their primary character shtick, would be over, and they'd have no reason to be the Cutie Mark Crusaders anymore, so that can't happen, except maybe in the show's final season.
I say go for it already if they want more character development and less hacky writing.

Rynnec

If the CMC get their Cutie Marks, then that's a tell tale sign that the show is in its final season...ideally.

Edward15

To The Toons Of The 2000's!
I hear Discord will be in the season premiere. I'm sure he won't be responsible for what happens and is just there to watch the fun. Something Q usually does. I wonder if he'll get more character development. I know that the reason he was reformed was so that he could come back more often, but it would be nice to develop him a little more.

Kazuya Prower

Keeping it Tails since 2005
Here's some more season 4 goodness.

30-second clip of the premiere:
Equestria Daily: TV Guide Releases Season 4 Premiere Teaser

Extended synopsis and snapshot of the third episode:
http://www.equestriadaily.com/2013/11/season-4-episode-3-synopsis-expanded.html

A snapshot of the premiere with a Tweet:
Equestria Daily: The Hub posts Season 4 Screenshot + Related Tweet

Castlemania is basically a Twilight episode. I wonder how Zecora will help the mane six (might as well be mane seven now since it looks like Spike will be accompaning Twilight everywhere). Judging from the clip it looks like the citizens of Canterlot and possibly Ponyville will turn to their new princess for every crisis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts