My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic - News and Discussion Thread II

Neo Yi

Joustus!
Staff member
Reporter
So apparently Season Four of MLP is airing tomorrow. So in honor of that (and because the first News and Discussion thread got way too many posts than any of us expected), I'm locking the first thread and opening up a second, fresh discussion thread.

All My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic News and stuff that doesn't fit elsewhere goes here. Have at thee.

Links to other Pony Discussions:
My Little Pony Japanese Dub Discussion
My Little Pony Comics - News and Discussion Thread
My Little Pony Comics Talkback Thread

Previous Thread:
My Little Pony - News and Discussion Thread

SigmasonicX

As a heads up, spoiler images from the first (and second?) and third episode have been floating around, so watch out for those. The common theory is that they're from copies made available to critics online.

Edward15

To The Toons Of The 2000's!
Well, with the Elements of Harmony gone, the Mane Six will really have to trust Discord to be on his best behavior. Hopefully, Fluttershy can keep him under control. As for the mystery artifact, I get the feeling it'll come in handy in the season finale. I just hope that whatever it's used against, it won't be Discord.

Kazuya Prower

Keeping it Tails since 2005
Synopses of episodes 5 through 7 are up:

Equestria Daily: Season 4 Episode 5 and 7 Revealed, 6 adds a Synopsis

As expected, the Scootaloo animatic clip from Comic Con is from "Flight to the Finish". It seems like "Power Ponies" is going to be a Spike-centered episode while "Bats!" will be a Applejack-centered episode. I find it interesting that they're bringing back those Fruit Bats from "Apple Family Reunion" and it looks like we got a name for the super villian we saw in the Comic Con animatic.

barcncpt44

Road, Weather, News Junkie Geek
As a heads up, spoiler images from the first (and second?) and third episode have been floating around, so watch out for those. The common theory is that they're from copies made available to critics online.

Yes, that is correct. I am one of those critics on Geek Alabama that gets to preview new seasons of Hub Network shows before they air. They usually send us the first two episodes of their shows for us to preview and review. I was not happy seeing leaked images from the first two episodes leaked onto Equestria Daily before they aired.

They only sent the critics including me the first two episodes of season four for a review a couple of weeks before the premiere. Other than the press releases on Discovery Press Hub and Twitter talk from the writers, we know nothing else about season 4.

SigmasonicX

So, we're at least getting Equestria Girls 2 as a novel. Personally, I'd prefer if we didn't get another movie, but I'm fine if it's just a novel. Notably, the author is different than for the novelization of the movie.

ShadowGUN

YES!YES!YES!
The HUB Facebook page has new promo showing new challenges and enemies the Mane 6 will face

1400297_10103278565500339_1548147160_o.jpg

And then on a day unlike any other......

barcncpt44

Road, Weather, News Junkie Geek
As a heads up, episode 3 has been leaked, so watch out for spoilers.

Judging by the Hub logo in the leaked video, it either came from the Hubworld website or was accidentally put up early on iTunes or Google Play. Us media folks have not gotten a early look at episode 3 or any episodes after that.

Roxas_Sora

I would like to comment several things from the trailers.

For the scenes I saw in every promo so far, I would say the mane 6 will spend a lot of time in the ruins of Celestia and Luna's od castle. In fact, something tells me that, in the end of the season, the castle could be restored and passed to Twilight; just like Princess Cadance started to rule the Crystal Empire. And since it's a castle pretty close to Ponyville, I don't see a problem with this theory. Do you?

About other stuff:
+ That info of Episode 3 about "The Pony of Shadows"; something tells me that could be the main villain of the season. It makes think about a relation with King Sombra, or maybe part of Nightmare Moon, like the dark magic that possessed Rarity and turned her into Nightmare Rarity.
+ The Episode of Daring Do is really interesting. By the pictures we saw, it's clear that the author of the book IS Daring Do; which means her enemy (Ahuizotl) could be real too, and the mane 6 will have to battle it in the future.
+ The episode that I want to see the most is definetely the one about the "Power Ponies". When the Mane 6 will return to the real world, something tells me the villain (Mane-iac) could follow them and cause more troubles in the future.

Well, what do you think?

CoolEric158

She rocks both ways.
Is it jsut me, or do all the upcoming episodes announced so far seem to have absolutely AWESOME concepts?!
I agree...except for the Power Ponies. I don't know why, but the concept looks and feels very silly. (Gee, a show about talking horses being silly. :p) And I feel like it's random fanservice to appeal to the Brony crowd, like "Look, it's the ponies as the (insert popular superhero team here)" which I was never a fan of. But that's just me.

Edward15

I wonder if Discord will be making anymore appearances before the season finale, cause something tells me he'll be in that one (I just hope that it won't be as the cause of the problem). Still. the longer in between his appearances, the better cause if he can keep from causing trouble for that long without the Elements of Harmony to restrain him, maybe he'll gain a little trust.

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
I wonder if Discord will be making anymore appearances before the season finale, cause something tells me he'll be in that one (I just hope that it won't be as the cause of the problem). Still. the longer in between his appearances, the better cause if he can keep from causing trouble for that long without the Elements of Harmony to restrain him, maybe he'll gain a little trust.
It depends on whether or not the season finale is a two-parter.

Edward15

It depends on whether or not the season finale is a two-parter.
Well, if it is, I hope Discord's not responsible for whatever goes down. After all, Twilight said that opening that mystery chest could be important and I hope that whatever it's used against, it's not him.

Kazuya Prower

Keeping it Tails since 2005
A Rainbow Dash-centric DVD called "A Dash of Awesome" has been announced. It will contain five episodes wih two of them being season 4 episodes. However, one of them is a title that wasn't revealed before.

"Rainbow Falls"

Sparkster24

Apparently on Mega McCarthy's Twitter... she posts a supposive hint for what's to come from this!

5, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 14, 21, 25, 26

It seems like to be that from my perspective as a theory.
They could represent the episode number that has "songs" in this season.. Remember that in Comic-Con 2013 that we had a Applejack song (with Pinke), and was labeled as Episode "9".. and yet with no confirmation on what it is. That means "Flight to the Finish", "Bats!", "Rarity Takes Manehatten", and the unknown episode with the song "Apples to the Core" in this case are getting songs around that time.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts