My idea for a "Nick Rewind" channel

Mr. Horse

insert clever caption here
What this is, are my ideas for a fantasy 24-hour extension of TeenNick's retro block (and this is something I'd definitely do, if I ever became CEO of Nick), which has changed monikers over the years (The 90s are All That, The Splat, NickSplat, Nick Rewind). I'll break all of this down into multiple parts, the first being a tentative program list for this fantasy station, along with some general ideas for the station. I'm really disgruntled with the current state of the Nick Rewind block, and I think this 24-hour block, although the product of my imagination, would be a VAST improvement that many would find superior to the late-night TeenNick block in a number of ways.

One thing you'll notice is the presence of various acquired shows, some of which were shown during the pre-Nicktoon years of the network. I'm sure some, if they were doing something like this would rather fill it up with just original programming from the vast Nick library, the cartoons, the game shows, the "kidcoms" and the misc. stuff like Are You Afraid of the Dark, but there are still a LOT of people who still recall shows like Today's Special and Maya the Bee with great fondness, so I don't want them to feel ignored. :)

Hope y'all enjoy!!

MY PLANS (DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!):
-Show more of the "classic" (80s-mid. 2000s) programming than ever before - especially the game shows, much of which haven't been shown on any of the Nick channels, for the most part, since the GAS days.
-Show a few of the acquired content and originals that Nick used to show in the pre-Nicktoons era, not forgetting the viewers who have nothing but fond memories of Mr. Wizard or Today's Special.
(Alas and alack, I'd love to show Pinwheel or all that random stuff that used to be shown on Special Delivery, but I couldn't do that because of rights reasons. For PW, I could, if I wanted to, just show the puppets, but although many 80s kids would love to see Ebenezer Squint's face again, it wouldn't be the same without the cartoons.)
-Show a number of the old bumpers during commercial breaks.
-Divide up the programming into blocks (a Nicktoon block, a game show block, a comedy block, an 80s block, SNICK, etc.)
-Who knows, maybe I could lure Stick Stickly and Face out of retirement for this endeavor! (I do have some content that used to be shown on Nick Jr. back in the day, so it wouldn't hurt to bring back Face [or even Moose and Zee] for that block. Those shows might be removed from a future version of the lineup but some, I think, might get go "bee-zerk" over seeing Maya on this station!)

(TENTATIVE) PROGRAMMING LINEUP:
Nicktoons:
-AAAHH!! Real Monsters!

-The Adventures of Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius

-The Angry Beavers

-CatDog

-ChalkZone

-Danny Phantom

-Doug

-The Fairly OddParents
(?) (only earlier episodes)

-Hey, Arnold!

-Invader Zim

-KaBlam!
(?)

-My Life as a Teenage Robot

-Oh Yeah! Cartoons

-Random! Cartoons
(?)

-The Ren and Stimpy Show (no flame wars, please!)

-Rocket Power

-Rocko’s Modern Life

-Rugrats

-The Wild Thornberries

Comedies:

-The Adventures of Pete and Pete

-All That

-The Amanda Show

-The Brothers Garcia

-Clarissa Explains It All

-Drake and Josh

-Hey Dude

-Kenan and Kel

-Ned’s Declassified School Survival Guide

-Salute Your Shorts

Game shows:

-Double Dare

-Family Double Dare

-Finders Keepers

-Global G.U.T.S.

-G.U.T.S.

-Legends of the Hidden Temple

-Make the Grade

-Nick Arcade

-Super Sloppy Double Dare

Misc. originals:

-Are You Afraid of the Dark?

-Mr. Wizard’s World

-The Mystery Files of Shelby Woo

-The Secret World of Alex Mack

Acquired shows:

-Adventures of the Little Koala

-Count Duckula

-Danger Mouse

-Fred Penner's Place

-Heathcliff

-Inspector Gadget

-Maya the Bee

-Noozles

-Today’s Special

-The World of David the Gnome

-You Can’t Do That on Television

I'd like to add Eureeka's Castle into the mix here, but the cartoons shown there are probably owned by different companies, identical to the situation with all those shorts shown on Pinwheel.

More to come!!

Last edited:

PF9

My proposal to turn NickRewind into a 24/7 channel involves sourcing family programming from other sectors of Viacom.

Such programming could include:

Paramount cartoons from before October 1950 (except Popeye and Superman), and after March 1962

Terrytoons (both theatrical and made-for-TV)

Other cartoons owned by CBS (like the animated spin-offs of the Happy Days franchise)

Live-action family programs from the CBS Studios library (like The Brady Bunch)

Classic family movies (like Charlotte's Web 1973 and My Fair Lady)

No reason to just use classic Nick programming

Mr. Horse

insert clever caption here
My proposal to turn NickRewind into a 24/7 channel involves sourcing family programming from other sectors of Viacom.

Such programming could include:

Paramount cartoons from before October 1950 (except Popeye and Superman), and after March 1962

Terrytoons (both theatrical and made-for-TV)

Other cartoons owned by CBS (like the animated spin-offs of the Happy Days franchise)

Live-action family programs from the CBS Studios library (like The Brady Bunch)

Classic family movies (like Charlotte's Web 1973 and My Fair Lady)

No reason to just use classic Nick programming
I get your point, but some might be scratching their heads as to what Mighty Mouse and Marcia Brady are doing on a station dedicated to showing older Nickelodeon programming.

Something I should've added is that, realistically, I'm not sure if some of the "acquired" programming I mentioned are still available for syndication, besides Gadget and Heathcliff. I know this is supposed to be my fantasy NickRewind, but still...

PF9

I had envisioned NickRewind as Viacom's answer to Boomerang (which in its previous format showed primarily classic cartoons from the Time Warner library), thus my proposal.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

If only it was possible for companies to rethink their decision to make movies exclusive to streaming back to their initial supposed theatrican run - they'll have to look at how the situation is faring in countries and regions.

Wonder why it's impossible to screen "outdated" or "delayed" movies when the situation eases.
Changed the banner to match the upcoming anniversary better. Based on the logo switch ident featuring Bloo.
MeTV went off the air for about 15 minutes, right during one of the last Svengoolie segments up until it was time for the news (which I get in my area instead of Star Trek).
Well Bakugan was made in Canada too, so...

Featured Posts