"My Adventures With Superman" Animated Series News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Otaku-sempai

I'm fairly sure that Lois has also been shown in animation as a brunette, though we might have to go back as far as the Superman theatrical shorts (and even then I don't know if it was consistent).

1621611123770.png
1621611237367.png

EDIT: And I forgot about Lois in All-Star Superman.
1621611866049.png

Last edited:

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I think Superman Vs the Elite was the most recent to feature a brunette Lois.

But let's not get too much off-topic in regards to hair styles and colors in previous cartoons. :p

Getting back on-topic, what villains do you think the show will use? I imagine they wouldn't make the show without Lex Luthor in it. Him and Brainiac are pretty much confirmed I guess. The focus on romance mentioned in the show's description made me think Maxima might also appear. Could make for a fun recurring character.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
Let's please drop the subject about such complains made elsewhere and keep this topic civilized.

Getting back on-topic, what villains do you think the show will use? I imagine they wouldn't make the show without Lex Luthor in it. Him and Brainiac are pretty much confirmed I guess. The focus on romance mentioned in the show's description made me think Maxima might also appear. Could make for a fun recurring character.
I'm kind of wondering if they might have Lex going after Lois too as a rival for Clark...

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
Of course I was just being ridiculous before. Lilith Clawthorne is the cast member from TOH who is Lois Lane. What? Her VA Cissy Jones voiced Lois in Lego DC Super-Villains. Also a nurse in Man of Tomorrow and Dominator Queen in Legends of Tomorrow.

It'll be interesting to see how Silver Age this show gets :p.
Yep and how much Superman acts like a real di...fferent person.;)

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Tom Anschiem talked about My Adventures With Superman in this article. A few things of note:

1. While still an action show, it's also a romantic comedy.

2. Clark, Lois, and Jimmy are all college graduates who are in their early 20s.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dragnatek

Tom Anschiem talked about My Adventures With Superman in this article. A few things of note:

Interesting. So Clark, Lois, and Jimmy are around the same age. I picture Jimmy as like five to ten years younger then them but that's just me.

Mandouga

So in other words, this isn’t really Superman at all…or rather, it’s an “Elseworlds” version of Superman.

I know nobody said it, but I can’t see this as being in the same universe as “Batman: Caped Crusader”…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member

It's not often a Western cartoon is treated as a romcom, compared to how that's more prevalent with anime, but should be fun :).

Basically age-wise it's Man of Tomorrow all over again...maybe a little younger ;).

Dragnatek

So in other words, this isn’t really Superman at all…or rather, it’s an “Elseworlds” version of Superman.

I know nobody said it, but I can’t see this as being in the same universe as “Batman: Caped Crusader”…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Technically every adaptation would be an elseworld story.

Last edited:

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
It's not often a Western cartoon is treated as a romcom, compared to how that's more prevalent with anime, but should be fun :).

Basically age-wise it's Man of Tomorrow all over again...maybe a little younger ;).
That kind of reminds me of how Lois and Clark was handled back in the '90s as well. That show was kind of like Moonlighting or something but with less bickering and more superhero shenanigans.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
I find it kind of interesting Ascheim mentions the show tested better with girls, I don't recall any other DC animated show starting out like that.
My first thought was when Giancarlo Volpe made that comic about the focus test screening for GL:TAS where boys were into the action and the girls liked all the shipping scenes...thus justifying everything their bosses ever told them :p.

I don't know if it tested better but I remember at least one of the issues with Young Justice was it appealing to an older and more female demographic than what the execs wanted.

colomb

I don't know if it tested better but I remember at least one of the issues with Young Justice was it appealing to an older and more female demographic than what the execs wanted.
That's what much of the internet thinks thanks to Dini's Tower Prep rant, but what little viewership numbers we had implied an 80% male audience. Green Lantern bombing at the box office, higher costs than other shows, and the show not doing much better than anything else on the channel despite internet noise likely all factored in.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts