"My Adventures With Superman" Animated Series News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
I think it's probably because it's been so long since the last time Superman had a cartoon (even if you count the Legion cartoon) and it's going for a very fresh take on the property.

I think it's probably like Lois and Clark or Superman and Lois in terms of being as much about the pair as it is about Superman, but he's still the main character.
Been so long and Superman is once again getting the more "fresh take" on a project.
His own dog and grandparents got tv shows. :sweat:
Instead of concept art, we already got the show's design and we can pretty much tell Lois Lane is the main pov character, which could be rather interesting in that we get to see how elusively mild-mannered and otherworldly this person she's constantly hanging out with can be.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Finally. But please, not an early Saturday or Sunday morning slot. :p

We're not allowed to post leaks, I don't think, but there's stuff floating around on social media.
It's ok if these are like tweets from actors or news sites. If there's something major like a summary of an episode then just include a head's up. If it's randos, then use your best judgement.

Frontier

Staff member
Been so long and Superman is once again getting the more "fresh take" on a project.
His own dog and grandparents got tv shows. :sweat:
Instead of concept art, we already got the show's design and we can pretty much tell Lois Lane is the main pov character, which could be rather interesting in that we get to see how elusively mild-mannered and otherworldly this person she's constantly hanging out with can be.
I hope we see Krypto :).
Finally. But please, not an early Saturday or Sunday morning slot. :p
Is this going to be like Stargirl where there's a same-day on-air/digital streaming date or will it be like the Arrowverse shows where it premiers on Cable at first and then shows up eventually on HBOMax o_O?

The Overlord

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I'm more excited for this than Batman: Caped Crusader.

I think people are more looking forward to this show than the Batman one, because Superman hasn't had his own cartoon series for 20 years and Superman TAS is very much a product of its time, with it taking inspiration from John Byrne's Man of Steel series, which is now over 30 years old and the Superman mythos has moved beyond that time period. Batman TAS has a more timeless feel that Superman TAS doesn't have, Superman TAS is still good, but there is more room for a newer take on Superman rather than Batman.

Frontier

Staff member
I think people are more looking forward to this show than the Batman one, because Superman hasn't had his own cartoon series for 20 years and Superman TAS is very much a product of its time, with it taking inspiration from John Byrne's Man of Steel series, which is now over 30 years old and the Superman mythos has moved beyond that time period. Batman TAS has a more timeless feel that Superman TAS doesn't have, Superman TAS is still good, but there is more room for a newer take on Superman rather than Batman.
There was the Legion of Superheroes cartoon which, while not a straight-up solo Superman cartoon, had him (and his clone) as focal and lead characters along with elements of his mythos :).

The Overlord

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
There was the Legion of Superheroes cartoon which, while not a straight-up solo Superman cartoon, had him (and his clone) as focal and lead characters along with elements of his mythos :).

That's not quite the same, that wasn't Superman in his traditional setting, with his traditional supporting cast and rogues gallery, I liked it, but it was more a LoS show, rather than a Superman show.

the greenman

Finally, a new Superman animated series. (Now if we could get one for Wonder Woman...).

The premise sound decent and the art style looks pretty good. It's cool to see it already has 2 seasons announced since I think there's a lot more one can do with Superman in animation that hasn't already happened, unlike with Batman.

I doubt this is supposed to be in the same continuity as Batman: Caped Crusader, but having the two in their own shows at the same time reminds me of the early days of the DCAU.
I'll reserve true judgment till I see a trailer. Though, man we haven't had a Superman related animated series since Krypto? Geez!

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Warner Brothers seems to have more confidence in this series since it got a 2 season pick up right off the bat, we have an image, and some of the voice cast, unlike the Batman show. I mean, I'm sure it'll also get a season 2, but the fact we already have more information on this series early on is interesting.

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
She-Ra was awesome.
Yep. If not a film like say the Batman/TMNT crossover, I'd be surprised if they didn't cross this over with She-Ra. Maybe a meta bit of Jimmy and Bow critiquing each other's look.

Is it me or Lois looks like Luz from The Owl House?
Now I imagine Lois in some undercover assignments dressed as a witch and/or otter.

Dragnatek

I like Lois with short hair. Oddly I always picture her with short hair in my mind even though she is almost always portrayed with long hair. I just see her as this head strong, aggressive, take charge woman and I picture short hair in my mind to go with it. Weird.

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
I like Lois with short hair. Oddly I always picture her with short hair in my mind even though she is almost always portrayed with long hair. I just see her as this head strong, aggressive, take charge woman and I picture short hair in my mind to go with it. Weird.
To me I always picture her as this glamorous and confident ace reporter, which I see with long hair, but to each their own ;).

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
Also Jimmy's blend of designs looks pretty good.

First Season of Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes attempted a similar approach having Nick Fury's 616 and Ultimate design. Didn't look so well and as such they went full Sam Jackson in Season 2 (much better on the eyes:-D).

Frontier

Staff member
Also Jimmy's blend of designs looks pretty good.

First Season of Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes attempted a similar approach having Nick Fury's 616 and Ultimate design. Didn't look so well and as such they went full Sam Jackson in Season 2 (much better on the eyes:-D).
He looks like an actual black Jimmy and not...Mehcad Brooks.

Kind of reminds me of Randy Robertson from the Marvel's Spider-Man cartoon.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Of the DC properties, Superman was the one I've wanted to see a new show from the most. When I saw the promo image for the first time yesterday without seeing any information about what it was or the article or anything, I was having a hard time figuring out that it was a Superman series. I have no idea what it's going to be like but I will always hope that it's good first and foremost.

Something about this is reminding me of those Tales from Metropolis shorts from DC Nation.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
I don't mind Lois Lane with shorter hair, though the design here looks a bit too much like a tomboy-ish haircut. But yeah, her personality usually matters more than her design in most if not all Superman media so we'll see how things play out.

Jimmy Olsen looks fine (I haven't seen anyone complaining he doesn't have a mullet :p).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts