"My Adventures With Superman" Animated Series News & Discussion (Spoilers)

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
WarnerMedia has announced a new Superman animated series, which already has a two season commitment. Continue below for more.

t-logo.jpg

HBO Max and Cartoon Network announced today a two-season series order for My Adventures with Superman an all-new kids and family animated series following the action-packed, comedic and romantic adventures of Superman and Lois Lane. Produced by Warner Bros. Animation (WBA) and based on characters from DC, My Adventures with Superman catches up with twenty-somethings Clark Kent, the bright and driven Lois Lane, and their best friend Jimmy Olsen as they begin to discover who they are and everything they can accomplish together as an investigative reporting team at the Daily Planet. The news was announced today by Amy Friedman, Head of Kids & Family Programming, Warner Bros.

“Superman has remained one of the most iconic and beloved Super Heroes in the world,” said Amy Friedman, Head of Kids & Family Programming, Warner Bros. “This fresh take from the Warner Bros. Animation team delivers a modern, relatable Clark Kent alongside a fearless, whip smart Lois Lane who are navigating the small tasks of both becoming adults and trying to save the world.”

In this serialized coming-of-age story, we follow Clark as he builds his secret Superman identity and embraces his role as the hero of Metropolis – and perhaps the world. Lois, now growing into a star investigative journalist, takes aspiring photographer Jimmy Olsen under her wing. All the while, Clark and Lois are falling in love, sharing adventures, taking down bad guys, stumbling over secrets, and discovering what it means to be Superman and Lois Lane. Jack Quaid (The Boys) and Alice Lee (Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist) lead the voice cast as Clark Kent and Lois Lane, respectively.

Complete press details are available at The World's Finest.

Stay tuned for further updates!

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
To note, the first post in this thread has been updated with press details.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
Reporter
Finally, a new Superman animated series. (Now if we could get one for Wonder Woman...).

The premise sound decent and the art style looks pretty good. It's cool to see it already has 2 seasons announced since I think there's a lot more one can do with Superman in animation that hasn't already happened, unlike with Batman.

I doubt this is supposed to be in the same continuity as Batman: Caped Crusader, but having the two in their own shows at the same time reminds me of the early days of the DCAU.

powerjake

Banned
How do I know I can trust Warner Bros with making the My Adventures with Superman, is it going to look like King of Atlantis. What took them so long to make a brand new animated series for the iconic Man of Steel?.

Frontier

Staff member
A new Superman cartoon! Yes! And with a such a refreshing and cute take :D.

The art style looks pretty cute and anime-esque, and I like the premise of a young up-and-coming Superman coming into his own while developing his relationship with Lois and Metropolis :).

I'm guessing Lois is Asian? That looks like a more convincing black Jimmy than the Supergirl version :p.

powerjake

Banned
So is that the picture of it?. Why does it give me that She-Ra netflix reboot feeling in its artstyle?.

WBA_Superman_Image.jpg

powerjake

Banned
Josie Campbell, one of the producers for the series, has worked on both a DC cartoon (Justice League Action) and She Ra And The Princesses Of Power.

Not really impressed with it, that fake gimmick anime look. you can tell it would be a try hard comedy.

Superman should of got a better animated series than this.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
There are two things to wonder here:

1. How many episodes are in each season?

2. How long are the episodes?

Mostezli

N0t 4 3very1 & Th@t'$ OK
I doubt this is supposed to be in the same continuity as Batman: Caped Crusader, but having the two in their own shows at the same time reminds me of the early days of the DCAU.
Takes me back to the mid-late 2000s when last we saw a Superman-related cartoon (LoSH) be made alongside a Batman-centric cartoon (The Batman). It is rather interesting that the two shows are seemingly going that far back-basics between the Noir Detective Batman and the American Alien Superman.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm fine with the art style so long as the actual animation is crisp and fluid, but I'm generally fine with anime-esque art styles :).

But yeah, short hair Lois always takes a minute for me to adjust too...

Ed Nygma

Oh god, why can't they stop trying to make Jack Quaid a thing... he wasn't even the right kind of "ineffectual man" to play Wee Huey.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts