Music of Cartoon Planet

Unclesporkums

Thanks for finding all of these! "Over the Clouds" is also used in a promo where Brak's sad about Cartoon Planet being cut back on the schedule.

felineki

A couple more findings from albums we're already familiar with.
From Jazzvertising:
Coffee Shop Poet is used in Zorak's "Turn out the light and put the cow out" beatnik rap.
From Fred Forster Welcomes You:
Au Clair de la Lune is used in the sketch where Zorak writes Space Ghost's lines.
The tail end of Narcissus is used in the "Who let a fluffy" and "Big fat head day" sketches.

felineki

Okay, found the accordion arrangement of Funiculi Funicula used in Learnin' to Talk Italian Lesson 4! It's on Fistcom's Europe International Vol. 1. The reason it didn't show up in my previous search was because they spelled it with two "N"s! (Funniculi Funnicula)

Additionally, "Naples Cafe" from the same album is used for the other 3 Learnin' to Talk Italian segments.

Last edited:

felineki

Sunkissed Salsa from RCAL's Light Themes/Latin/Jazz is the tune used when Space Ghost describes his stay in a hotel that had "Magic Fingers" to a caller, as well as when he, Zorak and Brak try to repeat some Spanish from a fan latter (to varying degrees of success.)

Had been wanting to find this one for a long time! The way the melody comes in after Space Ghost says "Magic... Fingers." always cracked me up.

Unclesporkums

Same here! I was also trying to find that one and I'm glad you did! Brak's petrified look after Space Ghost described it is also hilarious.

felineki

In another case of "I should have noticed this sooner," Paris Nostalgy from Happy Swing is used in these two mailbag segments.

In other news, these CDs just flew in from Pluto, and boy do their feet stink!
EwLDdY7XAAA1cY8

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts