Mulan (2020 Live Action Remake) News & Discussion Thread

Latest News & Videos

RainbowCupcake

The (Not So) Bad Guy
Dec 3, 2017
United States
Huh? What's that you say, little birdy? Another live action Disney remake is coming? Shocker, shocker.

Today the teaser for the live action Mulan was released. Thoughts?

Reactions: Frontier

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I remember reading about this that they might not include any of the songs or Mushu. If he were in it I kinda think they would've featured him in the trailer.

Radical Buster

Well-Known Hack Fraud
Feb 3, 2018
under your bed
I respect their decision to stay more faithful to the original Chinese Mulan story as oppose to the 1998 movie, even if it comes at the expense of a few things we know and love from the latter (the songs, Mushu, Li Shang, etc.). At least we can rest assured that this won't be a boring beat-by-beat remake.

Last edited:

Spaceman

I Am Here
Jun 12, 2009
Puerto Rico
I had zero interest in this or any other upcoming live-action Disney remake... that said, that's actually a decent trailer. Mainly because it looks more like a historical epic than a typical Disney remake with a theme park queue/pre-show aesthetic.

Light Lucario

Staff member
May 11, 2007
In a Dream World
That teaser trailer was admittedly pretty cool. I am a bit mixed on seemingly not including aspects from the 1998 movie. Most of the songs are really good and I like her relationship with Li Shang too. I'm a bit more okay with removing Mushu. I liked him in the original movie, but I don't think he would fit in that well within a live action version and I don't think he's nearly as beloved compared to Genie to where they'd want to include him for fan appeal.

But the trailer itself looked pretty impressive and it looked pretty intense compared to their other live action remakes. At least it sounds like it won't be another shot for shot remake, which is always nice.

Reactions: RainbowCupcake