MTV Animation

bart_simpson7

Is anybody wished that mtv come back to produce animation like what it used to do ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Classic Speedy

Yup.
Staff member
Reporter
I would love it, especially something like "Liquid Television" or "Cartoon Sushi", both of which were great showcases for up-and-coming talent and independent animation. Unfortunately, the chances of MTV returning to this medium are slim to none.

bart_simpson7

I would love it, especially something like "Liquid Television" or "Cartoon Sushi", both of which were great showcases for up-and-coming talent and independent animation. Unfortunately, the chances of MTV returning to this medium are slim to none.

But there's still a chance it could happen especially with the changes that happens in viacom now (in their leadership and management) which own MTV

bart_simpson7

Nice to dream, but SB20xx is right. That ship sailed a long time ago.

Not a long time it's since 2011 and they didn't do any animation... Also there's the Greatest party ever they aired it in 2016 and ended last year...

TheMisterManGuy

I doubt it. I heard MTV is getting out of scripted programming due to low ratings, and returning back to reality shows and music. Shame too, it'd be nice to see a good cartoon from them again.

The Overlord

I doubt it. I heard MTV is getting out of scripted programming due to low ratings, and returning back to reality shows and music. Shame too, it'd be nice to see a good cartoon from them again.

I am kinda bumping this, but I think the era of streaming, something like Liquid Television could be revived for Netflix or CBS All Access.

The Overlord

Well, anything is possible.

I doubt MTV will show animation or anything scripted on their channel any time soon, but that will soon be irrelevant. I do not care if MTV just has reality TV garbage on their channel, they can take the good ideas they used to have and put them on streaming. Not only comedies like Beavis and Butthead, but weird drama and action shows like the Maxx and Æon Flux. The Maxx is interesting in that it is one the most weird and depressing cartoon shows I have seen, a super hero deconstruction before that became popular.

Viacom/CBS is the smallest of the big entertainment companies, so they should take some more risks, rather than trying to coast all the time.

AdrenalineRush1996

I doubt MTV will show animation or anything scripted on their channel any time soon, but that will soon be irrelevant. I do not care if MTV just has reality TV garbage on their channel, they can take the good ideas they used to have and put them on streaming. Not only comedies like Beavis and Butthead, but weird drama and action shows like the Maxx and Æon Flux. The Maxx is interesting in that it is one the most weird and depressing cartoon shows I have seen, a super hero deconstruction before that became popular.

Viacom/CBS is the smallest of the big entertainment companies, so they should take some more risks, rather than trying to coast all the time.
When I said "anything is possible", it's more to do with that MTV Animation continue on in streaming. After all, we are getting a Daria spinoff focusing on Jodie.

The Overlord

When I said "anything is possible", it's more to do with that MTV Animation continue on in streaming. After all, we are getting a Daria spinoff focusing on Jodie.

But that's one show, rather than bringing back the Liquid TV as a concept. For the most part, MTV is happy airing their reality TV shows (which never held my interest) and one or two animated shows are not going change that. Which is fine, but back in the 90s Liquid Television presented an array of experimental animation that I do not think fit with MTV today (like the Maxx and Æon Flux), but that stuff may work on streaming. Love. Death + Robots is more akin to that stuff than anything MTV airs now. I think reviving Liquid Television online, may not be a bad idea, just sell its content to Netflix or put it on CBS All Access, I think there is a market for the cartoons MTV used to make, it is just not on MTV itself, for the most part.

AdrenalineRush1996

But that's one show, rather than bringing back the Liquid TV as a concept. For the most part, MTV is happy airing their reality TV shows (which never held my interest) and one or two animated shows are not going change that. Which is fine, but back in the 90s Liquid Television presented an array of experimental animation that I do not think fit with MTV today (like the Maxx and Æon Flux), but that stuff may work on streaming. Love. Death + Robots is more akin to that stuff than anything MTV airs now. I think reviving Liquid Television online, may not be a bad idea, just sell its content to Netflix or put it on CBS All Access, I think there is a market for the cartoons MTV used to make, it is just not on MTV itself, for the most part.
Well, I didn't necessarily mean that animation should return on MTV, after all.

The Overlord

Well, I didn't necessarily mean that animation should return on MTV, after all.

I think MTV could show one or two animated programs, but I think something like the variety of animation MTV had back in the early 90s could only exist online nowadays.

I think if Viacom did make more stuff like that, they could sell it online.

AdrenalineRush1996

I think MTV could show one or two animated programs, but I think something like the variety of animation MTV had back in the early 90s could only exist online nowadays.

I think if Viacom did make more stuff like that, they could sell it online.
Fair enough.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

going to draw Merman!Kahoot later today, if I have the time
Tomorrow, I'm starting the Christmas edition of Media Brackets.

happy thanksgiving and stay safe
Happy Spanksgiving! I love giving Spanks! I've got a hankering for some spankering!